• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Russia play the last game of the first round of fixtures. That means I get to enjoy a whole bunch of games before watching our clank. Excellent.

bud

japan play some proper football, rvy. they could be spanish or dutch if it hadn't been for playstation and nintendo.

my last sentence makes very little sense.

Come second in a piss easy group
Scrape through a piss easy qualifier with a 2 yards offside goal
Get the easiest group of all time

French fucks

Blablurn

How the fuck does Japan keep qualifying for WCs. This shit blows me away.

kagawa_jubelt-1333526314.jpg

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Come second in a piss easy group
Scrape through a piss easy qualifier with a 2 yards offside goal
Get the easiest group of all time

French fucks
You can only be second in a group with Spain.
2mn before the offside goal we were robbed a perfectly valid goal for an imaginary offside.

But yeah, this group is easy, we should make it.

Belgian commentators really happy, pretty easy group with Algeria, Russia and South Korea. Should be 9 points and then Portugal as first opponent in the knockout stage.

South Korea are random as fuck. And Russia will be solid. And depending on the weather at the time Algeria could benefit also. Any team can win that group.

The only way we have a slight chance is if we get Rooney playing like he does for Man Utd, rather than the single-minded poacher role he plays for England

Kaka will complete his glorious return to win the Golden Ball. Suarez will get the Golden Boot (Costa Rica).

Giroud could even end up with the Silver/Bronze Boot with that group, lol.

Goddammit Chile, last world cup's champion and the runner-up D:

You're Chilean? I really think you'll get through that group.

Should be 9 points? Lol, Belgium will take the draw against Russia and be happy about it.

Lol don't get cocky now, I hope for you that Russia will manage to scrape through in 2nd place though, Germany vs Russia should be fun! Pundits here are calling fake Red Devils to finish behind Belgium. "Unpredictable" Russia might get out of their group this time though!

Walshy

The only way we have a slight chance is if we get Rooney playing like he does for Man Utd, rather than the single-minded poacher role he plays for England
We'd also need a lot of players to regain form. That means Hart being back to his City title winning form, Sturridge to produce how he has for us this season. The biggest problem for England would be the center back pairing, would seriously consider recalling Terry if he keeps up the form he has shown with Chelsea and with Cahill as his partner.

LTWheels

I was reading that if we played one less friendly, we would have been a seeded team. Because we draw or loss the extra friendly we played, it knocked England out of being seeded for the World Cup.

Anyway just seen the groups. Looking forward to not getting pass the group stage.

Ruddy's dreams of being called up have been ruined now that we have Uruguay in our group.

Also not happy to have Italy, as I am part Italian. Don't like having my second nation in the same group.

L1NETT

Saying that, aside from C F and H (which have some boring games) I think the groups should lead to some cracking games

Still got the rest of the club season though. Should be a good 2014 for the best sport in the world.

:)

Lol don't get cocky now, I hope for you that Russia will manage to scrape through in 2nd place though, Germany vs Russia should be fun! Pundits here are calling fake Red Devils to finish behind Belgium. "Unpredictable" Russia might get out of their group this time though!

Saying we can draw against Belgium is getting cocky? LOL.

sohois

Are people legitimately annoyed with the draw for England? It is entirely irrelevant. Just say to yourself one more time "Hodgson is manager". England will never win anything with him, simple as.

Top Bottom