• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

rodvik

Hodgson: "We'd prefer not to go to Manaos". Manaos mayor "We prefer teams who play better football & have good manners"

lol

bjaelke

I gave no fucks and simulated this bitch.

2o8jhzFl.png

Shit tournament confirmed.

1st and 3rd place? England are already dead.

Elchele

I think it's funny how everyone is overrating Italy.

Certainly one of the worst Italys in recent memory, aside from 6 players, maybe.

Grinta and team spirit will carry them for a while, but they'll hit a brick wall eventually.

They have the advantage of most of them playing together in Juve. I want CR and Italy to win the group

1st and 3rd place? England are already dead.

I don't like it either, Italy had an easy way to the semi final, then either Messi sucked or injured himself and then there was only Germany lol

And for 3rd place, Suarez was the villain this tournament needed but nobody wanted.

Yen

Certainly one of the worst Italys in recent memory, aside from 6 players, maybe.

Grinta and team spirit will carry them for a while, but they'll hit a brick wall eventually.

DDR-Pirlo-Marchisio-Montolivo

vs

Townsend-Gerrard-Carrick-Wilshere

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
PCFifabros we are playing the cups now

You just ducking know that they will show those goddamn highlights from the last time we played Spain during the build-up to the match. FUUUUUUUUUUUCK. EVERYTHIIIIIIIUUUNG!

Also, fuck you Iniesta, you little cunt.

@FIFA bros, why is it that when you take a long shot with a player not known for it, the ball just bounces harmlessly to the keeper. What do you do to keep it off the flor, even if it means twatting it 20 yards high and wide?

Salvadora

I need to see Suarez and Costa play against eachother in full cunt-mode
Costa is such a huge capture for Spain.

He's head and shoulders above their other strikers and will go quite some way to alleviating some of the problems they had at the last Euros.

(i.e being afraid to shoot)

Lightning

Banned
You just ducking know that they will show those goddamn highlights from the last time we played Spain during the build-up to the match. FUUUUUUUUUUUCK. EVERYTHIIIIIIIUUUNG!

Also, fuck you Iniesta, you little cunt.
I'll avoid the pre match build up for that. Fuck seeing that again...

Costa is such a huge capture for Spain.

He's head and shoulders above their other strikers and will go quite some way to alleviating some of the problems they had at the last Euros.

(i.e being afraid to shoot)

Yep. Hopefully we get enough Suarez money to offer him the ridiculous wages necessary, especially if we miss out on the CL :p

Randdalf

Are Uruguay really as good as everyone is making them out to be? They overachieved at the 2010 World Cup (with some cheating from Suarez), they had a poor qualifying campaign needing a playoff against Jordan to get through, and all their quality is stacked up front.

denx

Oh god Chile against Spain and Netherlands WHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????

And even if Chile makes it to the second round, we'll may very well have to play against Brazil. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Russia will fucking beast it with Fabio Capello. They'll 1-0 their way to the final.

Oh god Chile against Spain and Netherlands WHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????

And even if Chile makes it to the second round, we'll may very well have to play against Brazil. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU

You have King Arturo Vidal. YOU ARE THE DANGER

I don't really agree, our starting 11 is as good as any imo, our reserves are not nearly on the same level as the very best out there though admittedly (Spain could basically side two different world class teams)

Something like: (Conte style 3-5-2): Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Maggio, DDR, Pirlo, Marchisio, De Sciglio, Rossi, Balotelli

or (4-3-3): Buffon, De Sciglio, Barzagli, Chiellini, Criscito, DDR, Pirlo, Marchisio, Cerci (Berardi?), Balotelli, Rossi (El Shaarawy?)

Those are pretty strong lineups methinks. Of course if someone gets injured (which is almost a certainty, going by past experiences) we're rather fucked. Ogbonna-Ranocchia vs. Suarez-Cavani, not a pretty sight.

edit: of course Brandelli is gonna play his lame 4-3-1-2 featuring Mosciolivo though. Had forgotten about that

Elchele

Are Uruguay really as good as everyone is making them out to be? They overachieved at the 2010 World Cup (with some cheating from Suarez), they had a poor qualifying campaign needing a playoff against Jordan to get through, and all their quality is stacked up front.

Uruguay have been shit since 2012.

Costa Rica and Italy to win the group, tho.

Salvadora

Yep. Hopefully we get enough Suarez money to offer him the ridiculous wages necessary, especially if we miss out on the CL :p
I think there is a (small) possibility that you keep him next summer if you finish in the top four

Every Tom, Dick and Harry from Madrid commented on Bale yet there's been nae a word from them about Suarez.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't really agree, our starting 11 is as good as any imo, our reserves are not nearly on the same level as the very best out there though admittedly (Spain could basically side two different world class teams)

Something like: (Conte style 3-5-2): Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Maggio, DDR, Pirlo, Marchisio, De Sciglio, Rossi, Balotelli

or (4-3-3): Buffon, De Sciglio, Barzagli, Chiellini, Criscito, DDR, Pirlo, Marchisio, Cerci (Berardi?), Balotelli, Rossi (El Shaarawy?)

Those are pretty strong lineups methinks. Of course if someone gets injured (which is almost a certainty, going by past experiences) we're rather fucked. Ogbonna-Ranocchia vs. Suarez-Cavani, not a pretty sight.

edit: of course Brandelli is gonna play his lame 4-3-1-2 featuring Mosciolivo though. Had forgotten about that

And here lies the problem
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
his Jurassic-era formation.
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

Anything with no wingers and fullbacks (a 3-5-2, if you will) would be perfect, because it'll remove Italy's weakest players.

Prandelli must swallow his pride and embrace his inner-Conte, we NEED a back three.

rodvik

Yes they are. They are mentally one of, if not the strongest team in international football. They never give up. Their current team is strong even without Suarez oh and their manager is top notch too.

Wilbur

Banned

Nope.

You know what, I'm relatively confident we can qualify. We're not far worse than Italy, and apart from Suarez and Cavani I don't think Uruguay are any better really. The only reason I have a huge amount of trepidation is the climate.

Feorax

I think there is a (small) possibility that you keep him next summer if you finish in the top four

Every Tom, Dick and Harry from Madrid commented on Bale yet there's been nae a word from them about Suarez.

I think realistically, it's probably as simple as us getting CL football, and offering to double his wages.

He's easily worth that, and it would give him something to think about. What if he gets injured? What if his reputation screws him like it did this summer? What if he has a shit world cup? What if Madrid decide someone else would suit them better? Might be the biggest offer he ever gets, he'll be 27 next year after all.

Suen

Finally everything world cup related can fuck off. World Cup is a shit cup anyway, it's all about club football.

And here lies the problem
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
his Jurassic-era formation.
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

Anything with no wingers and fullbacks (a 3-5-2, if you will) would be perfect, because it'll remove Italy's weakest players.

Prandelli must swallow his pride and embrace his inner-Conte, we NEED a back three.
Well he's certainly proven that he can be quite flexible when it comes to tactics (read: he doesn't have a clue how this team should play) so... we'll see.

Also, I think it's absolutely vital that De Rossi and Marchisio are there and in full shape, we have zero alternatives in those roles, since Prandelli doesn't really seem to trust Verratti for some reason.

rvy

Banned
Finally everything world cup related can fuck off. World Cup is a shit cup anyway, it's all about club football.

I agree with this. Boring as fuck competitions. Tons of casuals.

And Platini-related illegal activities.

He likes Monto too much to drop him.

That's the only thing I can't stand about Prandelli's character. He's too loyal to the players he coached during his Fiorentina days. How much you want to make a bet he's going to bring Aquaman and Gila to Brazil?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well he's certainly proven that he can be quite flexible when it comes to tactics (read: he doesn't have a clue how this team should play) so... we'll see.

Also, I think it's absolutely vital that De Rossi and Marchisio are there and in full shape, we have zero alternatives in those roles, since Prandelli doesn't really seem to trust Verratti for some reason.

Funnily enough, our draw with Spain was Italy's finest performance IMO, I don't understand why he didn't build on that.

That's the only thing I can't stand about Prandelli's character. He's too loyal to the players he coached during his Fiorentina days. How much you want to make a bet he's going to bring Aquaman and Gila to Brazil?

LOOOOOOOO....:(

We shouldn't waste a spot on these players. I'd take Totti or Toto over Gila any day of the week.

Top Bottom