• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

wedward

I am pretty sure Mourinho would have done better with the ManU squad which won the league last season.

It doesnt mean Moyes is a bad manager, its just the gap between great managers like Fergie & Mou and good managers like Moyes is a pretty big one.

Mourhino is incredibly overrated.

sohois

I didn't want to post and refresh the page when the fk was awarded to say that the tackle should've been given a yellow, as I assumed we would score off it.

Guess I was right. also what a complicated sentence that was.

Mourhino is incredibly overrated.

slap-8268.gif

Wilbur

Banned
If Man Utd sack Moyes this season then they'll just go through a barrage of managers (as I jokingly predicted a while ago :p). They need to give him a chance (at least 2 seasons).

But honestly, I would have sacked him for signing fucking Fellaini for 28 million. :lol

Like I said earlier, if things are still the same next November then we need to start weighing our options. But he's just taken over a squad that is entirely Ferguson's, he's had one terrible transfer window where the blame cannot lie solely at his feet, and he's making a transition from a club with relatively small expectations this year to a massive one.

Review where we are this time next year, that is the absolute absolute earliest we should even consider making a change.

Splatt

Like I said earlier, if things are still the same next November then we need to start weighing our options. But he's just taken over a squad that is entirely Ferguson's, he's had one terrible transfer window where the blame cannot lie solely at his feet, and he's making a transition from a club with relatively small expectations this year to a massive one.

Review where we are this time next year, that is the absolute absolute earliest we should even consider making a change.

IIRC, didn't Fergie also have a slow start to his campaign back in the 90's?

Arnie

Arnie was saying Newcastle should get relegated etc etc.

Fuck him. :p
I'm really proud of my French QPR prediction because it pretty much came true.

But you're good now so it's all gravy. And you beat United.

So you're the French West Brom.

Wilbur

Banned
IIRC, didn't Fergie also have a slow start to his campaign back in the 90's?

Well he took over in 86, we didn't win a thing until 1990 and then our first league title was 1993. I suppose the difference is he had won things in his managerial career and we were a sleeping giant then, whereas now we're expected to win things far more.

But I think people are struggling to see the absolute enormity of the task that Moyes has. He should definitely be doing better, but it's a huge job.

Top Bottom