• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

ElyrionX

Yes this is exactly youtube comment level hate spam. My sole purpose here on footy-GAF is just to shit on United and show pure hatred towards it. Not just throw shit on a big club that lost like 99 % of posters here do whenever any of the other big ones lose.

Stop being so salty that you keep losing and just accept the fact that a change in manager has made your club look like a fucking joke now. The high standard it has set with its past 20+ years of successful history just makes it even more noticeable.

So 15 league games into the season and sitting at 9th place makes our club look like a "fucking joke"?

If you had pointed out the fact that fans were walking out the stadium when we were just 1-0 down and said our supporters are a fucking joke, I'd be more inclined to agree.

But to base all your comments on our underperformance on the pitch and in a seaon that has not even crossed the halfway mark yet is laughable. We had the greatest manager of all time who was in charge for more than twenty years. Transition was more probably than not going to be painful. To say that we expected such poor performances is not exactly accurate but to call it surprising would be overstating it quite a bit.

West Ham is disgusting.

PARK THE BUS PARK THE BUS

mug team

So we should just let Liverpool play the game how they want? We're a place above the relegation zone, haven't won at Anfield in 50 years and have the worst strike force in the league, of course we're going to try and frustrate them and take an (increasingly unlikely) point any way it comes.

Wilbur

Banned
Southampton competing with both their first choice centre midfielders, their first choice right back and their first choice goalkeeper out as well.

le sigh

Clegg

Our midfield is shit and the players are not giving their all, but when Moyes comes out with comments like that he looks like a cunt trying to blame others. I just don't know what to say anymore...
If he comes out and blames himself then there'll be headlines in the media saying Moyes doesn't think he's the right man for the job. He's fucked no matter which way he answers.

I'm not pleased with the answers he's giving, but I understand why he's doing it.

Mastadon

Banned
So we should just let Liverpool play the game how they want? We're a place above the relegation zone, haven't won at Anfield in 50 years and have the worst strike force in the league, of course we're going to try and frustrate them and take an (increasingly unlikely) point any way it comes.

Yeah absolutely agree with this. You play to your strengths, not your opponents.

doicare

This is a very poor troll as you're ignoring some very obvious common sense answers and grasping at an obscure logic.

You need to be a bit more straight forward.
People on this forum refuse to accept their is such a thing as bad luck in football, it's only "team A scored more goals than team B and it's always because of skill so the better team won". It's a total joke. It's a fact that United EASILY won the league last season and this season they haven't lost any of those players, they all still play for Man United. Yet despite that they are now in mid-table. So yeah you either have to believe United completely fluked last season or this season they're having bad luck.

GorillaJu

You guys are playing the way a team should. We've been frustrated by well-organized defensive teams and they had done very well to keep Suarez quiet until the own goal.

Meier

Ugh. Should have done better there. Nasri has not been particularly good today... can't wait to get Silva back during the week. Think a game off or two would do Nasri some good.

Wilbur

Banned
PertinentHugeAmericanriverotter.gif

wedward

Yo I heard Moyes was a 10 year plan and that's why Mou wasn't good enough. So fans must be happy with the 10 year plan right now, not bad. I'm sure in 4 years Moyes will get Man Utd fighting for a CL spot, and then top dollar comes pouring in. Might even win the PL in 7 years.

Mourhino would require 80 million to invest in the squad. Mourhino would be in the same position as Moyes with this squad.

Splatt

I think your bus has a flat tire.

Clegg

People on this forum refuse to accept their is such a thing as bad luck in football, it's only "team A scored more goals than team B and it's always because of skill and the better team won". It's a total joke. It's a fact that United EASILY won the league last season and this season they haven't lost any of those players, they all still play for Man United. Yet despite that they are now in mid-table. So yeah you either have to believe United completely fluked last season or this season they're having bad luck.
Or the much more obvious answer of us being shit.

You need to ground your trolls a bit more in reality.

noal

Banned
If he comes out and blames himself then there'll be headlines in the media saying Moyes doesn't think he's the right man for the job. He's fucked no matter which way he answers.

I'm not pleased with the answers he's giving, but I understand why he's doing it.

Yeah, I think he's doing the old Fergie trick of not blaming the players in public but has probably just give them a round of fucks.

Are the players taking any notice though?

GorillaJu

That's some goal by Osvaldo. Not much City can do about that - got to account for those happening every once in awhile when you have quality players in the attack.

Top 4 as it stands now is

Arsenal
Chelsea
Man City
Liverpool

Could this be achievable as a top 4 come the end of the season? Man Utd have been so poor and Spurs mediocre as well. Everton a real wild card as they're in excellent form.

I think it'll end up

Man City
Arsenal
Chelsea
Man United

to be perfectly honest. Just can't discount United. They simply aren't capable of finishing out of the top 4.

LTWheels

Despite Sterling growing into the game and getting more confident, I still want to replace him for Aspas. Need another striker on the pitch.

sohois

A little surprised to see some Stirling criticism earlier, though others have noted his quality today. His performance today is basically everything that Utd fans hoped Zaha would be - yes he is sloppy and sometimes screws up good attacks, but that is because he is constantly in a position to do so. He is always willing to run at defenders, to make attacking runs, intelligent runs at that, and to receive the ball in dangerous positions. The composure will come with experience.

Also will say I don't think West Ham have been bad at all, they started to retreat a bit towards the end, but were still quite willing to have a go, to get forward for set pieces and to try and score. Not what I would call parking the bus at all.

Suen

It's definitely not worse than you attacking him because you're hating on his club and then spectacularly getting it wrong.

Go soak your head, Susan.
Whatever, the point still stands there which is that United looks like a joke after one change (but in all honesty a big change) and even moreso compared to other big clubs who've gone through those kind of changes frequently. United is a big club, one of the european powerhouses so naturally the expectations on it to keep up is high so when a team of such stature doesn't I don't know what else you could call it except a joke. If I'm not even allowed to point this out without it looking like "youtube spam" then L1nett can bug off, simple as that.

Mastadon

Banned
That's some goal by Osvaldo. Not much City can do about that - got to account for those happening every once in awhile when you have quality players in the attack.

Arsenal
Chelsea
Man City
Liverpool

Could this be achievable as a top 4 come the end of the season? Man Utd have been so poor and Spurs mediocre as well. Everton a real wild card as they're in excellent form.

I think it

Man City
Arsenal
Chelsea
Man United

to be perfectly honest. Just can't discount United. They simply aren't capable of finishing out of the top 4.

We're 3rd as it stands aren't we? A point above city.

Salvadora

Arsenal
Chelsea
Man City
Liverpool

I think it'll end up

Man City
Arsenal
Chelsea
Man United

It's weird.

I would've been happy for Arsenal to finish 3rd with a trophy, but now not winning the league will feel like a disappointment.

qindarka

Banned
Still fancy us to win but this is getting really annoying. Not witnessed a comfortable win since Hull on opening day (didn't watch West Ham match).

Clegg

Whatever, the point still stands there which is that United looks like a joke after one change (but in all honesty a big change) and even moreso compared to other big clubs who've gone through those kind of changes frequently. United is a big club, one of the european powerhouses so naturally the expectations on it to keep up is high so when a team of such stature doesn't I don't know what else you could call it except a joke. If I'm not even allowed to point this out without it looking like "youtube spam" then L1nett can bug off, simple as that.
You're still not getting it.

Top Bottom