• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Kassu

Banned
Now if we just beat Everton we can afford to even lose against Chelsea and City (and I doubt either will even happen, expecting draw from both games) and still be top of the table. Nothing stops this train, we're going to win the title.

Chelsea don't look like potential PL winners either.

This is between Arsenal and Liverpool imo.
I remember saying we weren't contenders before the league started. Feel I was on to something. That said, I also laughed at my dad suggesting Liverpool could win it and look how that's going.

faridmon

Looooooooooooooooooooooool Chelsea. WTF happened to you. The team we annihilated by scoring 4 goals against them are winning ... against you> Loooooooooool

Man Utd loses. At home.

Chelsea loses. To Stoke.

Man City draw.

LIVERPOOL WINS 4-1.

riG4VGM.gif

dc89

A lot of teams would accept a point at Southampton. We should have took three but you have to hand it to them, they're great.

We typically struggle against teams who press, pass nicely and keep procession. So I'm happy for a point. Especially with other results going the way they have.

GorillaJu

Allen and Coutinho were so good today. West Ham did very well to keep it to 4 goals. Demel's was definitely an own goal but I'm almost 100% certain that Sakho's goal was over the line before Collins knocked it into the net.

We had so many attackers up, so many chances that were inches away from becoming goals.

It was a great attacking performance against the type of team that always seems to trouble us.

anthonyOA

People who say Chelsea are a lock for this league baffle me. If anything it's tight between Chelsea, Arsenal and City. Liverpool might sneak it if they can keep up this performance through Jan & Feb.

Man Utd look done and dusted to me. Two home defeats on the trot without a single sign of fight. They're done.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Now if we just beat Everton we can afford to even lose against Chelsea and City (and I doubt either will even happen, expecting draw from both games) and still be top of the table. Nothing stops this train, we're going to win the title.

You think Arsenal will draw at City? Of course they have a chance but United, Newcastle, Spurs and Everton have all gone there and got smashed.

Won't Sam be in danger of getting the boot? Your teams position is shocking.

We'll see, but I reckon the Daves will probably stick with Sam - it's not just about the on-pitch performances, we've had a ton of bad luck with injuries and, in hindsight, a pretty dreadful transfer window. We need to make a few signings in January, so I guess the first question is; will their be money available? And the second; will the Daves trust Sam with the purse strings again and hope he gets it right, or brings in a new manager quick so he's got time to bring in the players he needs?

Also, it feels pretty muggy to be pinning all our hopes on Andy Carroll returning from injury, but even if he doesn't set the world on fire, his presence up front was a huge help last season in opening teams up and allowing our midfielders and fullbacks to contribute to the goal tally.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If spurs get dicked on ill call this an ok day

Suen

Moyes United losing, Chelsea losing, one point for Southampton and City. It would have been nice if Liverpool lost but I'm pretty satisfied with these results. If we beat Everton it will be perfect.

edit: forgot Spurs. Sunderland pls.

H13

I keep saying it this season, what the hell is wrong in our back?
Massive difference compared to past seasons.
Its the same back. Wth

Own goal on the 2nd one? Joke decision...

Assaidi just scored a wondergoal, should have kept him Brendan!

It was nowhere near on target bruv

2 assists (for me) and a goal in a pretty average performance, good enough for me

Sakho was great, Coutinho getting back to his best, Sterling really good aside from end product (pretty big aside though), Allen kept things ticking well, Mignolet is a beast (sorry Arnie, I woz wrong), Johnson should just whip it in more often

Nice to see Kelly get some time, and Gerrard's injury is a worry. Nolan is a cunny.

Top Bottom