• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Defoe...

1ady97.png

faridmon

Yeah was just thinking this. I don't think we can mount a challenge for the league at this point, and Everton are a top 4 threat. Plus I'd much rather Arsenal win the league that City or Chelsea.

A draw would be ideal.

Lol we aren't

But again, it depends on tomorrows result. We do drop points against mid-table teams as well.

sohois

Definitely gonna prefer an Arsenal win tomorrow; whilst I am quite a bit more optimistic than some of the other 'pool fans on here with regards top 4, I certainly don't see Liverpool win the league. Everton losing would give the team a nice psychological gap going into some tough fixtures and really take off some of the pressure.

Lightning

Banned
And that's Aguero's fault?
You really shouldn't throw stones when in a green house, if Giroud hits bad form you're screwed.

I can't remember a team won the league with one striker. I simply can't.
Relax buddy. Next week you can take your full revenge out on us.

dc89

Good thing we have 2 and a mid that doesn't disappear.

Podolski? Is he really a 20 goal a season striker?

I'm just saying teams that win the league typically have two strikers who get at least 15 goals a season each.

I honestly can't remember the last time a team won the league with just one striker getting 20+

Fergie

Banned
Arsenal will always be able to bottle it hard. But yes, looking more and more likely, but the title is nothing you guys should worry about anyway.
Unless City and Chelsea fix up, looks like Arsenal has this. Wenger also needs to prep up a bit in Jan.

Of course United is playing crap, but I'm hoping we get it together soon.

I don't think Liverpool can compete, top 4 is probably likely.

Anyway fuck everyone.

wedward

I'm just saying teams that win the league typically have two strikers who get at least 15 goals a season each.

I honestly can't remember the last time a team won the league with just one striker getting 20+

Does it really matter where the goals come from?

Theo got 21 last season, and Podolski got 17.

They're the two best finishers at the club and they're just getting back from injuries.

Blablurn

Ahaha, saved as well. Thank you. Maybe I should prepare one for Ronaldo as well.

u saw hoeneß after the game. he said that only ribery should win ballon dor. but he sees that people are making a campaign for someone else. if ribery doesnt win it, it's a big "schweinerei".

Elchele

Gladbach won and Schalke lost, great day for football.

And Dutt shouldn't be allowed to be near anything related to professional football.

Pizarro is back <3

GorillaJu

Given the choice I'd take Aguero every day. He's not controversial, he doesn't bring baggage and hastle. He hasn't got the bad reputation. He doesn't miss games due to silly bans. Suarez is a great player but you're just waiting for his next episode.

Aguero has been a right cunt lately. I can't recall the exact incident in the PL, but in a recent international he made a vicious stamp on a player out of frustration. Only a matter of time before he pulls something like that and gets caught, where as Suarez has really sorted himself out.

TrueBlue

You would think somebody who watched us week in week out would know better too. We've played about 3 decent games of football in all competitions this season. We're so inconsistent it's stupid and we haven't a clue how to defend or cope with pressure. We're always good for the taking if the opposition are up for it. Takes a special kind of belief to be cock sure about our results.

Aye, there's a difference between being confident and setting yourself for a huge fall.

Wilbur

Banned
And that's Aguero's fault?
You really shouldn't throw stones when in a green house, if Giroud hits bad form you're screwed.

I can't remember a team won the league with one striker. I simply can't.

I thought we won the league last year with only one player, dc?

Arnie

I think I may actually be an Arsenal fan tomorrow/ Lack of ambition.

Cant be having Everton getting above their station now can we?
:lol

Genuinely didn't want to say it but I feel exactly the same. Want the Ev to do one. Arsenal are rightly on top and I've no qualm with it. Don't despise them, either.

wedward

Aguero has been a right cunt lately. I can't recall the exact incident in the PL, but in a recent international he made a vicious stamp on a player out of frustration. Only a matter of time before he pulls something like that and gets caught, where as Suarez has really sorted himself out.

Is this sarcasm?

Fergie

Banned

With the way Arsenal are playing. Anybody in their team can be 20+ goal striker. Even Bendtner scored mate.

Wilbur

Banned

what :lol

I see Blablurn is still being an absolute shit poster since the CL final.

Arrogant as fuck nowadays. All the success went to his head. Could learn a lot from Fuenf, Spidye, Topo, Jupp, Gambit... they actually say meaningful things.

It's a shame Blablurn, you used to be good. Now all you do is ask if I ever gave an old guy head, post the word Bayern in capital letters or disrespect other posters

Mia san mia indeed.

Given the choice I'd take Aguero every day. He's not controversial, he doesn't bring baggage and hastle. He hasn't got the bad reputation. He doesn't miss games due to silly bans. Suarez is a great player but you're just waiting for his next episode.

Banned for 6 games and still is the league top scorer. I'll take Suarez for $1000, Alex.

Salvadora

I see Blablurn is still being an absolute shit poster since the CL final.

Arrogant as fuck nowadays. All the success went to his head. Could learn a lot from Fuenf, Spidye, Topo, Jupp, Gambit... they actually say meaningful things.

It's a shame Blablurn, you used to be good. Now all you do is ask if I ever gave an old guy head, post the word Bayern in capital letters or disrespect other posters

Mia san mia indeed.
Agreed.

Top Bottom