• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I can handle Arsenal winning the title this season, Uncle is a huge fan of theirs and 8 years sans trophies is alot for them. If Chelsea and City also capitulate we can call this season off and start anew next.

WC transfer period is going to be great

Wilbur

Banned
Not really. Mostly Chelsea being poor (except Schurrle).

This is why I try to never be cocky about wins.

Exactly. I half expect him to come back with "look at United lol" but then I'm not saying we're going to steamroller every fucking team.

He's a fucking idiot. Doesn't have a semblance of a brain cell in his Costanza fucking head. It's all just undercooked Pot Noodle. He's never made a post worth anything other than laughing at.

phaze

Yesssss. Thank you and congrats Stoke. Great set of results, don't think we'll win against Everton but at the very least we'll keep our 4 point lead.

Timbuktu

Moyes United losing, Chelsea losing, one point for Southampton and City. It would have been nice if Liverpool lost but I'm pretty satisfied with these results. If we beat Everton it will be perfect.

Needs Spurs to lose for it to be perfect.

Meier

A lot of teams would accept a point at Southampton. We should have took three but you have to hand it to them, they're great.

We typically struggle against teams who press, pass nicely and keep procession. So I'm happy for a point. Especially with other results going the way they have.
They are a very impressive team. Just constant pressure form start to finish. Negredo should have scored on that 1 on 1 with the keeper and Sergio had at least absolute gimme. Sometimes the would be goals just don't go your way.

Ward-Prowse and Shaw's ability to just send in pitch perfect balls is really incredible. I am dreading the thought of Shaw at Chelsea.

Blablurn

15 - Pep Guardiola is the 1st coach in the BL history who didn't lose any of his first 15 matches (13 victories, 2 draws). Unbeatable.

Kroos: We had a little training session in the morning. Helped to wake up.

Ribéry: 2 goals 1 assist
Müller: 1 goal 2 assists
Götze: 1 goal 1 assist
Buyten: 1 goal
Kroos: 1 assist
Neuer: clean sheet

The 7-0 result in Bremen means #FCBayern have set a new points record (90) within a calendar year. #MiaSanMia #SVWFCB

40 matches in a row without defeat in the Bundesliga. Kings of Deutschland without a doubt.

tumblr_inline_mxg47scNcQ1qcbx1j.jpg

faridmon

We suck against bottom table team . Just look Atwater week against sunderland

You really need to attack them furiously throughout the match. I have seen Chelsea and they are quiet slow moving forward. You just need to hit them where it hurts.

Ah well, as long as you smash the teams round you, that what matters
to both of us

Labadal

Moxey only played 24 minutes, no FPL luck at all. I'll get 1 point instead of a clean sheet. Had this happen to me several times this season.

Kassu

Banned
You think Arsenal will draw at City? Of course they have a chance but United, Newcastle, Spurs and Everton have all gone there and got smashed.
I think we will. City is really good at home, but I think/hope we have a chance. Of course I'm okay with a loss too.

dc89

Luis Suárez.

Given the choice I'd take Aguero every day. He's not controversial, he doesn't bring baggage and hastle. He hasn't got the bad reputation. He doesn't miss games due to silly bans. Suarez is a great player but you're just waiting for his next episode.

Suen

You think Arsenal will draw at City? Of course they have a chance but United, Newcastle, Spurs and Everton have all gone there and got smashed.
I don't think a draw is beyond possibility. Aguero and Negredo are dangerous as fuck so we need to keep a good eye on them, that and City is a beast at home this season. From my time of following La Liga I've just come to learn that teams managed under Pellegrini aren't usually cakewalks. Draw? Yes. Win? Not so sure.

Salvadora

Don't do this. Stay silent and humble. 1 game at a time, don't get involved with the riff raff. We have Everton 1st.

I am humble, City are a formidable opponent at home and we'll be lucky to get a point but equating us with Spurs isn't appropriate.

rodvik

I love this guy

Beijing Red 4 Lyf ‏@Moyes_Must_Go 2h

SO EMBARRASSING THAT WE LOSE TO FUKING FISH MONGERS #NUFC. THE TOWN PEASANTS WILL BE CELEBRATING THAT IN THE BIGG FISH MARKET TONIGHT. FFS!!

Mastadon

Banned
I think I may actually be an Arsenal fan tomorrow/ Lack of ambition.

Cant be having Everton getting above their station now can we?

Yeah was just thinking this. I don't think we can mount a challenge for the league at this point, and Everton are a top 4 threat. Plus I'd much rather Arsenal win the league that City or Chelsea.

A draw would be ideal.

This is why I try to never be cocky about wins.
You would think somebody who watched us week in week out would know better too. We've played about 3 decent games of football in all competitions this season. We're so inconsistent it's stupid and we haven't a clue how to defend or cope with pressure. We're always good for the taking if the opposition are up for it. Takes a special kind of belief to be cock sure about our results.

wedward

And that's Aguero's fault?
You really shouldn't throw stones when in a green house, if Giroud hits bad form you're screwed.

I can't remember a team won the league with one striker. I simply can't.

Good thing we have 2 and a mid that doesn't disappear.

Top Bottom