• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

everton are playing really well.

it's amazing how martinez got them to play proper football in just a few months.

And Moyes has made Man Utd even more clankirific than ever before. Pass to the winger. Back to the fullback. Back to the winger. Fellaini hides behind an opponent. Cross. Clearance. Ad infinitum.

bud

The myth that Everton were just a long ball team under Moyes annoyed me even when he wasn't our manager. They were perfectly capable of playing good football beforehand, and did so often.

they've never really played like they are nowadays, though.

Slizz

Blackburn away

please hitcher WE LOST AT HOME TO FUCKING NEWCASTLE

I like getting smaller clubs early on because it gives them a good game against huge opposition, and it means we can play more second string. Getting City and Liverpool in two consecutive games away just fucked us a tad.

Should still be able to field a team capable of winning even with PL, CL and CoC games in between.

Liverpool had Kuyt come out of hiding for 1 game and beat us. I can't remember the City game but I feel that was a winnable one too.

Wilbur

Banned
they've never really played like they are nowadays, though.

Yeah I agree with that, they're playing better than they did under Moyes no doubt... but I think Moyes got a bit too much flak for the way Everton played. Thought they were one of the best footballing sides last season, might not all be lovely possession but they played fast energetic football often.

Wilbur

Banned
Should still be able to field a team capable of winning even with PL, CL and CoC games in between.

Liverpool had Kuyt come out of hiding for 1 game and beat us. I can't remember the City game but I feel that was a winnable one too.

3-2 at the Etihad, Scholes coming out of retirement. It's not that I don't think we can win them, I'm not moaning because its too hard. I just like to see us get Crawley or Burton because it seems like a big day out for them (not to sound patronising), and we get to see some youngsters.

Slizz

3-2 at the Etihad, Scholes coming out of retirement. It's not that I don't think we can win them, I'm not moaning because its too hard. I just like to see us get Crawley or Burton because it seems like a big day out for them (not to sound patronising), and we get to see some youngsters.

I get you but still. At this point I'd be worried of getting embarrassed and having more headlines of some scrub ass team beating United to advance to the next round.

Wilbur

Banned
Barkley is the best young English player I've seen for ages. Consistently as well. Wilshere bumming a semi comatose Xavi and Iniesta into oblivion doesn't count anymore.

bud

i wouldn't say everton are dominating, but they are in complete control of the game.

arsenal's defence looks solid at least.

Wilbur

Banned
If Pires has one Spanish half and one Portuguese half, how did he play for France

I get you but still. At this point I'd be worried of getting embarrassed and having more headlines of some scrub ass team beating United to advance to the next round.

I'll just laugh if that happens :lol. What the fuck else can we do #MoyesBoy4Life

Salvadora

Barkley is the best young English player I've seen for ages. Consistently as well. Wilshere bumming a semi comatose Xavi and Iniesta into oblivion doesn't count anymore.

You've turned Moyesian.

Defending Gareth Barry, attacking fixtures and hyping Barkley.

Wilbur

Banned
Since the 2006-7 season 78% of Manchester United's round 3-6 fixtures have been vs. PL clubs compared with 27% for Man City and 20% Chelsea.

FUCKING FIX

You've turned Moyesian.

Defending Gareth Barry, attacking fixtures and hyping Barkley.

You know it vexes me to praise Barry considering he actively wanted to join Liverpool and actively fucking did join City, but he's been absolutely fantastic this season.

Top Bottom