• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

We must all be strong

*hides chelsea kit*

tumblr_lkfhpg4LZu1qh59n0o1_500.gif

bud

Stephan Lichtsteiner (born 16 January 1984) is a Swiss footballer, currently playing for Italian club Juventus and the Switzerland national team. An attacking right back, he is known for his energetic runs down the right wing and athleticism, which earned him the nicknames "Forrest Gump" and "The Swiss Express".[1]

daMPIzy.png

Messi

I'd like us to buy two defenders. David Luiz and Hummels. We will prob get neither and sell Montoya and pique instead. I'll be hurt if Piqué leaves.

It's not like the pitch in Juve's half isn't shit but the pitch in Gala's half? LOL, Juve can't even start an attack because they can't even pass there hahaha

Elchele

Drama, drama. We suffer from a lack of defensive tactics since 2001. Last year was pure luck against Arsenal, Gladbach and Dortmund in the final. So try harder. If we start conceding more goals in the coming machtes and lose them, then we'll talk.

Heynckes defensive approach was amazing. All that is gone with him, sadly.

bud

shake, you're right. the left side of gala's half actually does look alright.

if only juve had a proper left winger...
idyhqpvzVPjZq.png

Elchele

You must've forgotten that even Heynckes had shit defensive performances, e.g. Gladbach last year or the DFB cup final against Dortmund.

I thought the DFB Cup final was vs. Stuttgart.
Heynckes team was incredibly balanced, specially in his second season with Javi-Schweinsteiger holding midfield.

I don't remember a match, except for the DFB Pokal final 11/12, when the team looked nearly as bad in defense as they look now under Pep.

But I was talking about Heynckes' 12/13 team. When he got the reinforcements he needed, and fixed a couple of things (like Badstuber, Gomez not being part of the XI :D)

Top Bottom