• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Suen

Juve in EL feels so damn wrong lol. It's a shame you didn't go further Juve-GAF, was expecting you to be in the knockout round. Congrats in advance for winning EL.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If you don't take 6 points off a team like Copenhagen then you are asking for trouble. The late draw at home against Gala was stupid as well, Juve fucked up this group well before today.

a5dXg7O_460sa.gif

So funny, yet so sad. :-D :-( :-D :-(

:D

Suen

If you don't take 6 points off a team like Copenhagen then you are asking for trouble. The late draw at home against Gala was stupid as well, Juve fucked up this group well before today.
Yep agree with this. Gala might be a tougher team to beat but they should have taken 6 points from Copenhagen
(sorry Wooden)
so honestly Juve has no one but themselves to blame.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well! Can't blame our players they tried their best really.

But I'll blame them for their performance against Gala in Torino and Copenhagen. -_-

This is bad news for Roma though :lol

What a load of bullshit. Whatever , we've played like shit since the very first match, excluding the two games against Real Madrid. I still think we deserved to go through, but only because Galatasaray are dreadful and are gonna be murdered by whatever team they pick in the round of 16, while we would have stood a better chance probably.

The way I feel now, winning the Europa League (in Turin, on top of it) is more important than the third consecutive Italian title. Considering the competition, that's hardly an accomplishment in this day and age, while we have A LOT to prove on the international stage.

Lightning

Banned
Feel real sorry for Juve. That was bullshit but I can't believe Mancini actually done it.

Sorry Juve bros. Really sad day for football.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What a load of bullshit. Whatever , we've played like shit since the very first match, excluding the two games against Real Madrid. I still think we deserved to go through, but only because Galatasaray are dreadful and are gonna be murdered by whatever team they pick in the round of 16, while we would have stood a better chance probably.

The way I feel now, winning the Europa League (in Turin, on top of it) is more important than the third consecutive Italian title. Considering the competition, that's hardly an accomplishment in this day and age, while we have A LOT to prove on the international stage.
We should definitely go for it. But I want the league too goddammit!

And Coppa Italia!

Lightning

Banned
Just like Bayern in the 11/12 CL final.

It never happens.
Well Spurs aren't winning it. AVB being shit will make sure of that. Some strong teams going into the Europa now.

Juventus, Benfica, Ajax/Milan, Arsenal/Napoli, Basel/Schakle, Shakhtar all Europa league bound.

Blackhead

Redarse
Feel real sorry for Juve. That was bullshit but I can't believe Mancini actually done it.

Sorry Juve bros. Really sad day for football.

Mancini = Juve nemesis. I should have seen this coming.

Such a weird Group stage this year. Arsenal and Man City have been the most impressive English teams are we could see both in second place while Man Utd and Chelsea have been merely adequate and we could both see both for first place.

Blackhead

Redarse
Well Spurs aren't winning it. AVB being shit will make sure of that. Some strong teams going into the Europa now.

Juventus, Benfica, Ajax/Milan, Arsenal/Napoli, Basel/Schakle, Shakhtar all Europa league bound.

Most of those teams never take the Europa League seriously (same with Man Utd and Man City when they dropped into the competition and were promptly knocked out). Chelsea did last year because Benitez knew he wasn't staying beyond the season and could gamble on Premier league form. Juve will only do so this year because the final is in their stadium.

We should definitely go for it. But I want the league too goddammit!

And Coppa Italia!
I just checked the criteria for the draw and apparently we wouldn't be seeded either, since we're not among the top four third-placed Champions League rejects :/ Watch us lose to Tottenham or Valencia now... At least we can't draw Fiorentina, Lazio and Napoli.

Hell if an Italian team doesn't win the Europa League this year then it's never gonna happen.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I just checked the criteria for the draw and apparently we wouldn't be seeded either, since we're not among the top four third-placed Champions League rejects :/ Watch us lose to Tottenham or Valencia now... At least we can't draw Fiorentina, Lazio and Napoli.

Hell if an Italian team doesn't win the Europa League this year then it's never gonna happen.
No worries, we can take pretty much anyone in EL.

Gala is going through with -6 gd

Lightning

Banned
Most of those teams never take the Europa League seriously (same with Man Utd and Man City when they dropped into the competition and were promptly knocked out). Chelsea did last year because Benitez knew he wasn't staying beyond the season and could gamble on Premier league form. Juve will only do so this year because the final is in their stadium.
You can add Porto as they are going into the Europa as well.

RaikuHebi

Banned
There's so much potential drama from the draw.

Drogba returning to Stamford Bridge. Which would be emotional for me as a Chelsea and Galatasaray fan. I'd have to go to that match. And would be very conflicted.

Or Galatasaray playing Arsenal, Drogba continuing his fine form against them. I would probably only be able to get into the Arsenal end.

Galatasaray Athletico, Arda playing against his former club. No chance I can go to this, but would be interesting.

Imagine Olympiakos and Man City came top of their groups. Could've been a Turkey-Greece derby or Mancini returning to City.

Top Bottom