• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

K1LLER7

Fergie would never part with his wine.

Did you see the Guardian article about who United should buy and sell? Jamie Jackson thinks we should get Andros Townsend. Makes no sense whatsoever.
Looool has Salazar reacted to this news yet?

I don't think he's all that. Plus we should splash money on a CM, Wingers can wait.

It would be right to say that AM are just as good as Madrid and Barca this season........and they aren't even rich.

They get as much money as the top 4 PL teams before this season's new tv deal. So it's not like they're suffering like the rest of La Liga.

lol they were telling me they would win the group when the groups were announced. Fairly obvious from the start Atletico would win it easily..

Says someone who obviously didn't watch any of the games. Even with 10 we were playing better, we're just shit at scoring/finalizing this season. Just in this game we already sent 3 to the bar.

Zabojnik

FXdkxEO.jpg

FootballFan

Says someone who obviously didn't watch any of the games.

wUt.

lol Atletico is better than the other 3 teams, one Porto fan(forgot who) posted a video of Porto beating Atletico 1-0 in 2010 as proof that Porto will win the group.

:lol it was a battle for 2nd between Zenit and Porto from the start imo.

Clegg

Looool has Salazar reacted to this news yet?

I don't think he's all that. Plus we should splash money on a CM, Wingers can wait.
He said we should be looking to get rid of at least one winger. And he's right too. But replacing him with a young developing player doesn't make sense. We need proven quality in the side. Zaha is the player we should be trying to develop.

wUt.

lol Atletico is better than the other 3 teams, one Porto fan(forgot who) posted a video of Porto beating Atletico 1-0 in 2010 as proof that Porto will win the group.

:lol it was a battle for 2nd between Zenit and Porto from the start imo.

I didn't think we'd finish first. But saying it's "obvious" is dumb. Specially considering how the matches actually played out. This one included. We have more possession, more attacks, 3 balls to the bar, one failed penalty, etc. We've just been terrible at finishing, and some lack of luck too. Also we don't get refs handing red cards when needed.

They get as much money as the top 4 PL teams before this season's new tv deal. So it's not like they're suffering like the rest of La Liga.

Last post on the page. Damnit.

This is from 2 seasons ago.

jbzwhejDVM8uSV.jpg

Correction: So it's similar to just outside the top 6 of PL's old tv deal. Very impressive.

FootballFan

NEYMARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

We are playing so good compared to that crap in the last 3 games. Xavi, Sanchez, Montoya, Neymar all did well there.

bjaelke

Liverpool are the leading English club in the chase for the former Palermo man’s services as he is ineligible to play in the Champions League for anyone else this season, which rules out the Manchester clubs, Arsenal and Chelsea.
The upside to finishing 7th is that we can sign Pastore on loan next month.

FootballFan

I didn't think we'd finish first. But saying it's "obvious" is dumb. Specially considering how the matches actually played out. This one included. We have more possession, more attacks, 3 balls to the bar, one failed penalty, etc. We've just been terrible at finishing, and some lack of luck too. Also we don't get refs handing red cards when needed.

Fair enough, but it's hard to say that Atletico were not favourites though.

They aren't winning the CL but they are one of the better teams, and it would have been a safe bet to say they would finish first, all I'm saying.

Lightning

Banned
Hard to see this Napoli side getting their 3 goals in a single half of football. We should be safe now

Not a great half that though. We still need our goal.

Top Bottom