• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

All they had going for themselves was a month of amazing form and Hamsik. Napoli are done in CL and Serie A as well.

Coppa Italia pls :(

With all the business they did in the summer, Rafa still seems stuck with a shitload of players who just don't fit his ideal tactical setup. Unless they spend tens of millions in January (which comes with huge risks on the pitch, as well as to the bank balance), he'll have to adapt to the players at his disposal rather than shoehorning them into his system

Meier

What the hell is happening in Vienna?! Wow. Porto shitting the bed again anyway though so I guess it's irrelevant. I worry for their coach's future.

Can't wait for Liverpool to sign Costa.

I genuinely don't understand why some people are still talking about it like its a possibility. He's at a great, rapidly improving team, with a great setup to get the best out of him, no competition for his spot, decent wages, CL football every season, and he's just pledged national allegiance to the country he's playing in. More likely that he'll move to Real than us :p

Suen

Teams going to EL based on current results:

Basel
Napoli
Porto
Ajax

Teams going to CL knockout phase based on current results:

Chelsea
Schalke 04
Arsenal
Dortmund
Atletico Madrid
Zenit
Barcelona
Milan

Suen

They get as much money as the top 4 PL teams before this season's new tv deal. So it's not like they're suffering like the rest of La Liga.
I didn't know that, though I meant in comparison to Barca and Madrid.

If Napoli scores now Dortmund goes to EL unless they score, right?

Zenit :loooool

Lightning

Banned
I genuinely don't understand why some people are still talking about it like its a possibility. He's at a great, rapidly improving team, with a great setup to get the best out of him, no competition for his spot, decent wages, CL football every season, and he's just pledged national allegiance to the country he's playing in. More likely that he'll move to Real than us :p
You needed to get him before the hype and great season happened. He will cost so much money now.

Feorax

No-one is buying Costa. He'll be at Atletico for a while.

We're getting Salah instead.

You needed to get him before the hype and great season happened. He will cost so much money now.

To be fair, we did pretty much everything we could. We met the buyout clause and put the offer on the table for him. He wanted to stay, that's all there was to it.

It's the fact that our scouting team identified the opportunities like Costa, Mkhitaryan and Willian before anyone else in the PL makes me feel good about our transfer business going forward.

Messi

Atl don't/can't sell to real no?

Also all of this is correct. He is going nowhere

Fergie

Banned
LlmfgIa.jpg

Top Bottom