• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

rvy

Banned
That is a shite gif.

Messimar pls

Swwl6re.gif

<3

Yen

Yeah, I'd agree with that but I trust Rodgers as he's done well with most of his signings since the transfer committee has came in and he gets rid of players who haven't done well pretty quickly.

On LB's, who is there? By going under the assumption there is only a few potentially class LB's out there: Ricardo Rodríguez, Luke Shaw, Alberto Moreno & maybe Ben Davies.

I'd like to go for Rodriguez, he's absolutely quality and won't come at an astronomical price like Shaw will. However, Bertrand is a pretty good alternative, and if we can get him in the form he played with during the Europa League run then we'll have ourselves a good left back. I sort of like that he's more defensive than Johnson, two attacking full backs is defensive suicide.

Neil Taylor or Ben Davies would be my first choices.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Boooooring match so far, as expected. We livened up slightly towards the end at least.

Svia, I have a question for you. Do you know if any ethnic native from Far Eastern/Siberia (buryat, nenet, evenk, mandchu, mongolian, etc.) ever played for the Russian national team ?

Nobody jumps straight to mind...but probably. Not native but Fayzulin is from Primoksiy Krai and that's as far east as you can get.

Walshy

I think Ben Davies will be quite expensive though, can't see him being very cheap. I don't think Neil Taylor is all that, quite overrated imo.

Main priority this Jan should be a midfielder. LB can wait for now imo.
Apparently the usual 'ITKs' are spouting that he wants a LB, CB and another attacker in January. Saleh and Yarmolenko have been mentioned as the attackers. The CM's being mentioned are always the same too.

pulsemyne

Or how about liverpool stop trying to take our players. Anyway Ben Davies wouldn't leave. He's a swansea boy through and through and lives at home with his parents. Neil Taylor is very handy to have incase Ben gets injuries etc and he plays in a slightly different style so he's good to have around.

LTWheels

I think Ben Davies will be quite expensive though, can't see him being very cheap. I don't think Neil Taylor is all that, quite overrated imo.

Apparently the usual 'ITKs' are spouting that he wants a LB, CB and another attacker in January. Saleh and Yarmolenko have been mentioned as the attackers. The CM's being mentioned are always the same too.

Enrique will be back in Feb. At the moment we have, Flanagan, and Cissokho for cover.

We can also play Johnson at left, and Kelly (when ready), Flanagan, Henderson or even Toure at right back.

We can also play Agger at left, allowing us to get Sakho in the middle.

I think we can still wait till the summer.

We need to spend a lot of money on a really good midfielder. If we get more control in midfield it will take the pressure off our defence, reduce the chances for errors and stop the number of shot we have coincided. If we have a chance to get M'Vila, we should put all our effort into that.

Enrique will be back in Feb. At the moment we have, Flanagan, and Cissokho for cover.

We can also play Johnson at left, and Kelly (when ready), Flanagan, Henderson or even Toure at right back.

We need to spend a lot of money on a really good midfielder. If we get more control in midfield it will take the pressure off our defence, reduce the chances for errors and stop the number of shot we have coincided. If we have a chance to get M'Vila, we should put all our effort into that.

There must be a safer option than M'Vila surely? :(

Is Cabaye capable of curtailing his attacking instincts somewhat and staying in CM, or playing box-to-box like Vidal? If so, he'd be my non-impossible dream signing

Lamela has the least effective stepovers I've ever seen

Walshy

There must be a safer option than M'Vila surely? :(
Yeah, his names Fernando Reges. Matic & Cabaye have been linked too aswell as M'Villa.

The LB position has been a problem for years, ever since Riise went shit and Fabio couldn't ever last a whole season without getting injured at least twice. I'd rather we just get it out the way with as soon as possible and bring in a quality LB.

Also I think Cissokho is going to go the way of Sahin and get his loan terminated early.

dc89

ibzqmyGlRXe3TS.gif

My favourite part of this GIF? The 'We're Not Really Here' banner in a packed out stadium.

Do not mention the empty seats which are central in the middle tier. These are never full, they are for club officials, FA people, sponsors etc and are NEVER full.'

Top Bottom