• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Suen

PSG please.

We're so fucked.
Yep, PSG pls. EL is going to be so fucked up after group stages, most teams that went to EL are way stronger than most teams currently there. Much more harsh compared to last season.

Anyway the funniest thing for me is the Italian teams and their CL adventure. Based on the league you'd think that Napoli and Juve deserve to go through but nope :lol

Blackhead

Redarse
Probably good for Premier League that it was Arsenal and Man City who finished second as Man Utd and Chelsea would have no chance against Real Madrid, Barca, PSG, Bayern or Atletico. Those Germans so good though. Worst case scenario Arsenal draws Bayern and City draws Dortmund? Although both german teams lost at home to english teams...

image.php

:lol

We've set a CL record for fewest points to advance. Suck it, Benfica, Juve, Napoli, etc

RaikuHebi

Banned
Probably good for Premier League that it was Arsenal and Man City who finished second as Man Utd and Chelsea would have no chance against Real Madrid, Barca, PSG, Bayern or Atletico. Those Germans so good though. Worst case scenario Arsenal draws Bayern and City draws Dortmund? Although both german teams lost at home to english teams...

loooooooooooool but Arsenal do?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Even this current Barcelona without Messi would eliminate Arsenal. I'd prefer if we avoid City.

Fucking Arsenal, man, ahahahahhaha

Haha

I can't

Hope they get Bayern and Özil shows once again what a useless twat he is

Hahaha

Second

Hahaha

Fuck you, you don't play half-assed in Napoli

Toni Kroos pls, fuck them

jtb

Banned
Fuck off Milch

No Arteta now for the first leg...

Yeah fuck Bayern. City will also be getting a hard game so we're not alone. That bullshit red card screwed the game...

City can't draw Bayern right? Dammit. Whatever, they'll still crash out anyways.

Arteta isn't that big of a loss, I think. (hope?) Frustrating that we couldn't at least draw this game, but Theo should have started. Stupid to leave him on the bench.

If fit, Flamini-Ramsey midfield should do the trick I think.

Clegg

With the way the groups have panned out United will draw one of Schalke, Zenit, Gala, Olympiakos or Milan.

As poor as we've been this season I think we can beat any of those teams. Rather not get Gala tho.

Fucking Arsenal, man, ahahahahhaha

Haha

I can't

Hope they get Bayern and Özil shows once again what a useless twat he is

Hahaha

Second

Hahaha

Fuck you, you don't play half-assed in Napoli

Toni Kroos pls, fuck them

You're adrift of a team that lost 5-0 at home to Moyes United

Do one.

Arsenal would beat PSG. Reckon they'd lose to the other possibilites

jtb

Banned

The only real loss was the Dortmund-Arsenal game. Both Bayern games shouldn't be taken into consideration considering they were (basically) meaningless, imo. The last time they really "lost" at "home" in Europe was the CL final. (even though it was technically a draw and a neutral venue).

K1LLER7

With the way the groups have panned out United will draw one of Schalke, Zenit, Gala, Olympiakos or Milan.

As poor as we've been this season I think we can beat any of those teams. Rather not get Gala tho.
Exactly my thoughts.

Want Olympiakos.

Jin_7

After Lewa's and Reus' misses I thought it's all over.
And then Großkreutz scores while falling down and not even hitting the ball fully.
How is that even possible?

From being out to group winners in a matter of minutes. Still can't believe this.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Is the draw going to be this Friday?

Monday.

The only real loss was the Dortmund-Arsenal game. Both Bayern games shouldn't be taken into consideration considering they were (basically) meaningless, imo. The last time they really "lost" at "home" in Europe was the CL final. (even though it was technically a draw and a neutral venue).

Even that loss can't be compared to if it were a knockout game.

Fintan

I think you'd be comfortably able to beat any of those teams. And surely by the time the knockout rounds come around, you'll have improved. And likely signed some players.

No wait

I want Arsenal to draw Real.

First they get fucked by Real rejects

And then

Ronnie

Tores them vaginas which Bale will penetrate

Would be glorious

Messi is back early Jan. papers say he is back fit just resting now.

Nicely timed winter break :p

Do you reckon you'd have rushed him back if the league was still going, or do you reckon you've turned a corner with Neymar and can give him the time required to recover fully?

Barzul

Atletico would win imo.

They look very strong.

Are you certain about that? It looks like one of those games that could easily go either way, hence why I think we could win it. Real Madrid or Bayern would take an immense effort from the players, not impossible, but extremely difficult.

RaikuHebi

Banned
We've set a CL record for fewest points to advance. Suck it, Benfica, Juve, Napoli, etc

That is fucking crazy. Napoli go out with 12. Zenit advance with 6.

Are you certain about that? It looks like one of those games that could easily go either way, hence why I think we could win it. Real Madrid or Bayern would take an immense effort from the players, not impossible, but extremely difficult.

Athletico are giving Barca a run for their money in La Liga. They are really, really good.

jtb

Banned
Atletico I wouldn't mind, because they don't have a whole lot of CL experience—teams seem to struggle in their first season in the CL (I'm thinking Napoli, and even Malaga). when the margins are so fine, the inexperience can be a big problem I suspect. (Not that Arsenal have a whole lot of experience in the knockout stages anymore, either)

Madrid, I'd be fine with. We need to be compact, and Theo has to play. But it can be done. I don't fear Madrid.

Top Bottom