• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Messi

Nicely timed winter break :p

Do you reckon you'd have rushed him back if the league was still going, or do you reckon you've turned a corner with Neymar and can give him the time required to recover fully?

They gave him the 8 weeks to fully heal with the aim being to avoid the muscle injury coming back. The league is still on but the only big games were Bilbao which we lost and soon Villareal. Messi's first game back will be Atletico. Neymar is doing fantastic for us. Finally the goals fell for him tonight.

Why is Milch being such a knob? Don't remember any Arsenal fans abusing him or Dortmund. And you'd think he'd empathise with Arsenal with the similarities between clubs.

Think he needs another twatting at the hands of Sami to cut him back down to size

Salvadora

Remember when we said the same thing about Moyes United? :/
Moyes can get fucked.

Bunch of jammy cunts.
Why is Milch being such a knob? Don't remember any Arsenal fans abusing him or Dortmund. And you'd think he'd empathise with Arsenal with the similarities between clubs.

Think he needs another twatting at the hands of Sami to cut him back down to size
Because he is a cunt, plain and simple.

Barzul

No wait

I want Arsenal to draw Real.

First they get fucked by Real rejects

And then

Ronnie

Tores them vaginas which Bale will penetrate

Would be glorious

Enjoy your time in the sun. This is the season where you lose everything. Shit in the league, you guys won't make it past the Quarters and Lewandowski and Gundogan off in the summer. Some difficult years ahead.
Yes I'm that bitter.

K1LLER7

Are you certain about that? It looks like one of those games that could easily go either way, hence why I think we could win it. Real Madrid or Bayern would take an immense effort from the players, not impossible, but extremely difficult.
Watching Atletico this season, they have looked stronger than Real Madrid. I would have Atletico as favourites but Arsenal can beat any of those teams on their day.

oh god hahahah. I fucking love CL and this community.

We're actually even worse than the points suggest. Just consider the fact that the only win we got was because Porto got a red card in the 6th minute of the game. And we only got a draw against Atletico because of that hilarious Courtois fuck up.

I will laugh so hard if we make it to the quarters. SO HARD. Russian winter will need to singlehandedly win this...like against Napoleon.

Messi

Atletico I wouldn't mind, because they don't have a whole lot of CL experience—teams seem to struggle in their first season in the CL (I'm thinking Napoli, and even Malaga). when the margins are so fine, the inexperience can be a big problem I suspect. (Not that Arsenal have a whole lot of experience in the knockout stages anymore, either)

Madrid, I'd be fine with. We need to be compact, and Theo has to play. But it can be done. I don't fear Madrid.

Atl won 5, drew one. Scored 15 and conceded 3. They have 16 points and 2nd have 6. They haven't struggled and their home is a fortress. Simeone scares me. They beat Madrid earlier is year 1-0 and it could have been 2 or 3 more.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Atletico I wouldn't mind, because they don't have a whole lot of CL experience—teams seem to struggle in their first season in the CL (I'm thinking Napoli, and even Malaga). when the margins are so fine, the inexperience can be a big problem I suspect. (Not that Arsenal have a whole lot of experience in the knockout stages anymore, either)

Madrid, I'd be fine with. We need to be compact, and Theo has to play. But it can be done. I don't fear Madrid.

You are seriously under-rating Atletico to be comparing them with Napoli and Malaga.

Mac_Lane

PSG, of all teams, looks like our best possible draw. Fuck...

All but Bayern are pretty beatable. We wouldn't be favorites, but we'd still have a decent shot. Frustrating, though. One tough draw leads to another.

Are you high? PSG would fucking tear you apart, wouldn't be pretty.

Hayley McQueen :O

Zi4155D.gif

jbvYALMz2Vr3Lm.jpg

It wasn't Napoli's first season in the CL, though. We were there in 2011-12, wherein we beat out Manchester City in the group stage and narrowly lost to Chelsea 4-5 on aggregate. Of course, that was a fairly different squad than this year's, but with the additions of Reina and Higuain, we had even more experience in the CL this year.

Arsenal struggled badly with Everton's intensity. Atletico play with that same intensity, and even more confidence, discipline and a lot more quality. Think they'd win.

jtb

Banned
It wasn't Napoli's first season in the CL, though. We were there in 2011-12, wherein we beat out Manchester City in the group stage and narrowly lost to Chelsea 4-5 on aggregate. Of course, that was a fairly different squad than this year's, but with the additions of Reina and Higuain, we had even more experience in the CL this year.

That's what I was referring to. The season where they lost to Chelsea, despite beating City in the group stages.

jtb

Banned
You are seriously under-rating Atletico to be comparing them with Napoli and Malaga.

I rate them very highly. I'm just saying, inexperience will hurt you. It's not like Arsenal are a bad team. It's a pretty even match up and in that type of a match-up, it's going to be decided by incredibly fine margins.

Not a whole lot, which is why I'm taking opinions on their league form as a good measure for how good they are. But I just can't imagine they'll be as tough draw than say Barca or Bayern.

Bayern>Real=Barca=Atletico>>>PSG imo

I think Barca will be a lot easier to get to grips with in the CL than they are in the league where the teams just aren't capable of suppressing them and taking the chances they get

Salvadora

Ease up. Not only do I not want any more bans, I don't think footy gaf should be showing such animosity towards each other, unless Kermit is involved.
Eh, I think the usage of cunt is well documented in this community and not indicative of significant levels of animosity.

That's what I was referring to. The season where they lost to Chelsea, despite beating City in the group stages.
We were playing better with less experience than we played this year. We lost out to the eventual champions. This year, I'd be surprised if BVB or Arsenal survive much longer.

Gurthang

Banned
I think its for Napoli's best interest to go to EL where they have a chance instead of CL. I don't think they would have been capable of beating anyone in the next round except for maybe ManU or Chelsea

faridmon

Milch, don't let the Karma bite you in the Ass, I like Dortmund as evident from my posts, but your behaviour right now, is like Blaburn level of Cuntness.

Bad for Arsenal, but can't stop laughing (sorry) how on earth did you guys manage second?

Barzul

I really hate Dortmund now, funny I used to kinda like em. GAF changed me. Milch changed me. Hope they draw City or someone who can give them a good beating.

Milch, don't let the Karma bite you in the Ass, I like Dortmund as evident from my posts, but your behaviour right now, is like Blaburn level of Cuntness.

Bad for Arsenal, but can't stop laughing (sorry) how on earth did you guys manage second?

Don't worry, one of us will be twatting them this time next year, and they won't have Gundogan, Lewandowski, Reus or Hummels to stop us

in the EL when they finish fifth in the league

Top Bottom