• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

I think its for Napoli's best interest to go to EL where they have a chance instead of CL. I don't think they would have been capable of beating anyone in the next round except for maybe ManU or Chelsea
I think you're unlikely to find one Napoli player or supporter who would echo that sentiment right now. I'd much rather see us crushed by Munich than playing in the EL.

jtb

Banned
I think its for Napoli's best interest to go to EL where they have a chance instead of CL. I don't think they would have been capable of beating anyone in the next round except for maybe ManU or Chelsea

when teams play in the europa league, there are no winners. even a successful run in the EL is a season pissed away.

Baki

No wait

I want Arsenal to draw Real.

First they get fucked by Real rejects

And then

Ronnie

Tores them vaginas which Bale will penetrate

Would be glorious

Can't wait for Bayern to buy all your players so you can continue to rot in your one team league.

faridmon

Don't worry, one of us will be twatting them this time next year, and they won't have Gundogan, Lewandowski, Reus or Hummels to stop us

in the EL when they finish fifth in the league

Lol at the last part.

Yeah, can't wait for us to get the the fourth place just to get get knocked out in the qualifications.... again.

Fuck that ref. Honestly he is a cunt of a highest order.

faridmon

Tbf as poor as Milan are atm they're still Milan. There'as lot of history behind that name.

As much as you are right, there must be a level of dignity players should think about before jumping ships.

But again, it seems to be a common theme across Japanese players. i bet Kagawa is happy having Stomach aches around Moyes and co.

Hayley McQueen :O

Zi4155D.gif

Shes just soooo curvy. Worst thing about no champs league for a few months.

Gurthang

Banned
I think you're unlikely to find one Napoli player or supporter who would echo that sentiment right now. I'd much rather see us crushed by Munich than playing in the EL.

But they can go farther in EL and make more money. They have the talents to win it alongside Juve which means it would help them with the seedings for next year and they would not be placed in pot 4 anymore

Lol at the last part.

Yeah, can't wait for us to get the the fourth place just to get get knocked out in the qualifications.... again.

Fuck that ref. Honestly he is a cunt of a highest order.

Collina's awesome

And not just for getting yous lot eliminated :p

Not sure I've ever even seen the infamous decision actually

Liverpool
Arsenal
Southampton
Everton

#fuckoffoilbaronsSpursandManUtd

Linius

Well congrats to Milan Gaf.

Possibly the most ugly game of football I've seen in a quite a while. We've fought to get trough and that's what matters. It's a comforting thought that Milan won't get far with this sort of football.

CCZ2qCH.jpg

48mblQx.jpg

IxUfUJ0.jpg

Why is Milch being such a knob? Don't remember any Arsenal fans abusing him or Dortmund. And you'd think he'd empathise with Arsenal with the similarities between clubs.

Think he needs another twatting at the hands of Sami to cut him back down to size
Arsenal fucked us by playing like shit in the last group match in 2011 already and nearly did so this year. Look at Marseille, those fuckers were playing for NOTHING and gave all they had. Arsenal playing half-assed in the last and "unimportant" group match and actually losing something is so awesome. Glad it finally got back to bite Wenger's ass.

And most of ArsenalGAF has been fucking annoying since they've signed Özil. Acting like they are fucking Bayern or something, I really love that they've finished second. Stuff like "We'll beat Napoli easily, that fat Spanish waiter..." and so on, man, this is so good.

wedward

Guys, just let Milch take his anger out on us.

Losing Gotze, Lewa, Gundogan, Reus is going to take a toll on anyone.

Already being out of the league is rough.

The only thing he has to look forward to for the foreseeable future is getting pounded by Bayern and then Klopp leaving when he has decided he has had enough.

Barzul

One thing for sure, we need a faster striker. Some of those balls Giroud got a player with more pace would have done better with.

flippedb

Banned
Well congrats to Milan Gaf.

Possibly the most ugly game of football I've seen in a quite a while. We've fought to get trough and that's what matters. It's a comforting thought that Milan won't get far with this sort of football.

U mad bro? Montolivo was deeply missed.

CCZ2qCH.jpg

48mblQx.jpg

IxUfUJ0.jpg

Arsenal fucked us by playing like shit in the last group match in 2011 already and nearly did so this year. Look at Marseille, those fuckers were playing for NOTHING and gave all they had. Arsenal playing half-assed in the last and "unimportant" group match and actually losing something is so awesome. Glad it finally got back to bite Wenger's ass.

And most of ArsenalGAF has been fucking annoying since they've signed Özil. Acting like they are fucking Bayern or something, I really love that they've finished second. Stuff like "We'll beat Napoli easily, that fat Spanish waiter..." and so on, man, this is so good.

Show me the receipts, and I'll join you on your crusade :p

Fair point on being disappointed in their efforts tonight, just not a fan of rubbing people's noses in it straight after the match

Not saying that we aren't shit, but this shitty Milan side was in 10 men vs an 11 men team. Ugly match, sure, but Ajax had quite a lot of chances and they wasted every single one.

If anything, tonight neither team was a CL level team.

<3 haters

Lightning

Banned

The only thing he has to look forward to for the foreseeable future is getting pounded by Bayern and then Klopp leaving when he has decided he has had enough.
They are not competitors with Bayern remember? Lol. Can't wait until Gundogan leaves them. Will be glorious.

Gurthang

Banned
My predictions

Real - Milan
ManU - Gala
Barca - ManCity
Dortmund - Zenit
Bayern - Olympiakos
PSG - Arsenal
Atletico - Schalke
Chelsea - Leverkusen

Salvadora

One thing for sure, we need a faster striker. Some of those balls Giroud got a player with more pace would have done better with.
Giroud's complete lack of pace prevents him from moving to another tier of quality.

How can a professional footballer be so slow.

jtb

Banned

The thing is, we already have one and we're paying him 100k/week. I don't know if he's still ill or what but his absence has really been felt the past couple months.

Croyles

CCZ2qCH.jpg

48mblQx.jpg

IxUfUJ0.jpg

Agreed, and I'm not even a Dortmund fan.

They are not competitors with Bayern remember? Lol. Can't wait until Gundogan leaves them. Will be glorious.
What is wrong with you people?

faridmon

As much as I am annoyed by their level over overestimating Ozil (which sort of proved to be right by them frankly since he have been ripping the PL apart this seasons), I understand them getting excited since the haven't had this big of a signing.

As much as you may disagree with them, the fact that you have a bigger anger issue of him just tells of your problem with him rather than their excitement of him.

Get fucking over it!

Baki

Klopp will probably leave for arsenal.

Not saying that we aren't shit, but this shitty Milan side was in 10 men vs an 11 men team. Ugly match, sure, but Ajax had quite a lot of chances and they wasted every single one.

<3 haters

Yep. When you're down to 10 for so long, aesthetic football goes out the window. That's how it is, and how it always will be

Also, real talk, how is a ref like the one today allowed to do his job in a CL match. The guy was fucking terrible. Allowed an obvious as fuck offside goal for Marseille. And then Mandanda fucking kicks Lewandowski and instead of a penalty for us, Marseille gets a free kick?

I was honestly thinking that shit can't possibly end well. But then. First lol

Giroud's complete lack of pace prevents him from moving to another tier of quality.

How can a professional footballer be so slow.

I don't think that's his problem. He had a regular match today but there was only really good chance for him.

His style of running really annoys me though, he takes big steps with each leg move instead of quick feet.

Barzul

nRsn7Uy.gif

Can't wait for the repeat of this but with Lewadowski instead. Fucking hope we meet each other in the Quarters.

faridmon

<3 haters

Congrats.

Never mind me being bitter about Honda since The connection between us and him was there from summer :(

Baki

Giroud isn't good enough. We badly need a 2nd striker. Liverpool please. Suarez or Sturridge. Don't be greedy.

kmax

Napoli: They manage to get 12 points and still go out. Un-fucking-believable.

The draw is on the 16th (that's a Monday). I have a feeling that Arsenal's drawing Bayern. Madrid vs City is also a fun draw.

Salvadora

Someone point to an Arsenal GAF member calling Benitez "a fat Spanish waiter" in the run up to the match please, because I certainly didn't see it.

Hostility towards Benitez generally comes from a select set of supporters from certain clubs.

faridmon

Someone point to an Arsenal GAF member calling Benitez "a fat Spanish waiter" in the run up to the match please, because I certainly didn't see it.

Hostility towards Benitez generally comes from a select set of supporters from certain clubs.

TO be fair, he is a fat Spanish waiter and I don't know why Milch can see the light.

The guy can manage as much as Sunday League using shuffle cards.

Top Bottom