• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

No human being that plays football moves like FIFA players. Not everyone has Ronaldo speed and Messi finesse shots in real life. Not everyone passes the ball around like Barca in real life.
And I was shitting on FIFA long before I got a promo copy of PES, sorry.

Oh, and EA is cancer.

There's no need to be salty that I got a promo copy, you don't even like the game. Hell, the game is clearly shit according to you, so why are you so upset to begin with? I got a free copy of shit.

Wooden pls

Lets remember the first one to come out randomly and be a bitch about any game here was about fifa.

I'm not really salty, but I like fifa and just wanted to poke a bit at you for being a PES fanboy shitting on Fifa as much as you do, that's like shitting on Radiohead while you like Nickelback. EA are cunts we can agree on, but Konami is one the same scale on the shitcunt meter at this point with thei continuous rape of Silent Hill. I'm not angry anyone got promo copies, it's just a bit funny how companies has started giving out free shit to youtube reviewers and now people who makes OT's on forums to try and get any positive buzz, it's clever of them though, no doubt even if it doesn't work all the time.

Fifa is shit in a lot of ways, but playing Clubs is fucking great, way enough of a reason for me or anyone else to buy it.

Yes.

I don't like FIFA and I can't* like PES.

*Made by an Interista

Pretty sure Seabass is not on the team anymore. Last known photo of him

ilPXHMk.jpg

It's said he is now homeless.

Batigol

Banned
Lets remember the first one to come out randomly and be a bitch about any game here was about fifa.

I'm not really salty, but I like fifa and just wanted to poke a bit at you for being a PES fanboy shitting on Fifa as much as you do, that's like shitting on Radiohead while you like Nickelback. EA are cunts we can agree on, but Konami is one the same scale on the shitcunt meter at this point with thei continuous rape of Silent Hill. I'm not angry anyone got promo copies, it's just a bit funny how companies has started giving out free shit to youtube reviewers and now people who makes OT's on forums to try and get any positive buzz, it's clever of them though, no doubt even if it doesn't work all the time.

Fifa is shit in a lot of ways, but playing Clubs is fucking great, way enough of a reason for me or anyone else to buy it.

Pretty sure Seabass is not on the team anymore. Last known photo of him

ilPXHMk.jpg

It's said he is now homeless.

Good!

Serves him right for making Adriano superman in PES6

Zabojnik

Cesare Maldini to Al jazeera: "I feel sorry for Galliani but I'm also happy for Paolo to return to Milan."

Galliani leaves Milan and Maldini returns

Think we can get our Del Piero back? :(

Everybody knows Del Piero wasn't too happy with Andrea Agnelli's decision to let him go. Maybe it was time, maybe it wasn't, I honestly don't know. However, I really, REALLY hope that this doesn't preclude Del Piero from taking on a managerial role in the club in the near future. They better find a way to smooth things over, if they indeed need smoothing over, and bring Alex back home once he decides he's had enough of running up and down the field.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Everybody knows Del Piero wasn't too happy with Andrea Agnelli's decision to let him go. Maybe it was time, maybe it wasn't, I honestly don't know. However, I really, REALLY hope that this doesn't preclude Del Piero from taking on a managerial role in the club in the near future. They better find a way to smooth things over, if they indeed need smoothing over, and bring Alex back home once he decides he's had enough of running up and down the field.

Alessandro Del Piero ‏@delpieroale 28 Nov
Kobe Bryant: "It's easy to accept the renewal, I'd run through the wall for @Lakers". I understand you... Great @kobebryant, an excellent choice!

subtle innit

Juve-Ale is DEAD

It was the right the decision, but NOT for the likes of Nicky B and Nicky A ffs..

Wilbur

Banned
Vidal has scored 32 goals in 99 games for Juventus. To put that figure into some kind of perspective, it's one more than Zinedine Zidane managed in five years in Turin. Vidal has been there for just two and a bit.

#KINGARTURO

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal has scored 32 goals in 99 games for Juventus. To put that figure into some kind of perspective, it's one more than Zinedine Zidane managed in five years in Turin. Vidal has been there for just two and a bit.

#KINGARTURO

32 goals and 20 assists.

a few goals away from Iniesta's record.

Wilbur

Banned
Iniesta is brass (jk he's a well fucking good player but his effectiveness in a football match isn't as good as it was a season or two ago)

#KINGARTURO

32 goals and 20 assists.

a few goals away from Iniesta's record.

Was Zidane the penalty kick taker? If he wasn't I don't think it's fair to compare goals.

rvy

Banned

The reason why you get salty when I bitch about FIFA is because you also think it's shit.

untitled-4l6d9b.gif

untitled-57wfui.gif

Listen, I don't really care that people play, buy or enjoy FIFA. Hell, I bought the game from FIFA 08 up to FIFA 13. You like clubs? Cool. You think it's worth the money? Cool as well.
I make these comments in jest unless I'm in a FIFA thread or discussing the subject where appropriate.

Gifs are for Can Crusher. Who can't dribble for shit.

Zabojnik

Juve-Ale is DEAD

Eh, I honestly don't think so. As bitter a goodbye as it was for Del Piero, he never openly spoke against Agnelli or anything like that. Or vice-versa. I have every confidence that there'll always be a place for Alex at Juve, if he wants it. It's not like Agnelli didn't love him to bits as a player. He was one of his idols. He had to show he had the balls to make the hard decisions as the president and letting Del Piero go just happened to be one of them. Del Piero doesn't strike me as someone that holds a grudge, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

#AlexSognoPossibile

Was Zidane the penalty kick taker? If he wasn't I don't think it's fair to compare goals.

I remember him taking quite a few penalties over the years, especially during the season in which Del Piero was injured. Before and after that too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

He wasn't. And neither was Vidal, until Pirlo missed (more than) half of our penalties
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

Zizou scored his fair share of FKs and penalties though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Eh, I honestly don't think so. As bitter a goodbye as it was for Del Piero, he never openly spoke against Agnelli or anything like that. Or vice-versa. I have every confidence that there'll always be a place for Alex at Juve, if he wants it. It's not like Agnelli didn't love him to bits as a player. He was one of his idols. He had to show he had the balls to make the hard decisions as the president and letting Del Piero go just happened to be one of them. Del Piero doesn't strike me as someone that holds a grudge, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

#AlexSognoPossibile

I'm sure we'll see him all suited up next to Pavel sooner or later.
3AQmK.gif

He still talks about his last game vs Atalanta and how the fans made him feel <3

dc89

Did anyone actually buy Rockstar's Table Tennis? It's 5€ on XBLA. If it's good, I'll get it.

Got it when it came out. Played the shit out of it. Some epic multiplayer was had with that game.

Not played it for years, I have no idea how it holds up.

dc89

Wes

venison crêpe
Thanks for the birthday wishes chaps!

Thought the film was well done. Exactly how I imagined it from the book so good on them for that.

JLaw was really good again. I haven't seen a bad performance from her yet. And the scene where she's using the water from the stream.... those noises.... uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuung

Top Bottom