• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Salazar

Shattering naivete from us in front of our box, over and over again.

And Smalling can't play fullback. Categorically not.

kharma45

Good point

Spurs away and also considering we fell behind on 2 occasions.

Need to get RVP, Carrick and Rafael back.

Jones missing next week is a big blow.

Terrible point, Spurs were there for the taking today but instead we fielded a poor team and made bad substitutions.

Missed most of the match but not the worst result.

Draw at Cardiff was the damaging result. If we held on against Saints and Cardiff I think were 2nd right now? Something like that.

Those are the unforgivable fucks ups.

Salazar

There just wasn't any creativity. Our attack consisted of Valencia beating his man and then putting in shit crosses.

Aye.

And I listened to 93 minutes of Clive fucking Allen.

And fuck Spurs with their poxy boy scout twattery maxims all around the pitch.

Kyoufu

Should of won that, they bent over and enjoyed taking it from City.

This Spurs team is shite but then again so are we under Moyes.

You should have lost that game. If it wasn't for Rooney taking advantage of silly mistakes you'd be losing by a mile.

He does. He's extremely lightweight and if I'm honest has only shown a few points on excellence in a few matches.

He was good midweek. The whole team was good midweek. The main difference is that Bayer didn't press and today we didn't have a midfielder capable of playing the ball in quickly to attacking players and our wing-play was dreadful (starting Welbeck? I just don't); in short, no movement.

Basically what that means is that a forty year old is a more effective football player than Tom Cleverley. And while Jones might have given away a few too many free kicks, without him I'm sure we would have lost, and so of course he's suspended.

Clevdog and Fellaini lining up against Everton? So fucked.

Salazar

You should have lost that game. If it wasn't for Rooney taking advantage of silly mistakes you'd be losing by a mile.

Lock yourself in a box with some cheese snacks and a calculator and let us know in a few months how the Kyoufu Fantasy PL turned out.

TeddyBoy

Hendo screamer today.

I can feel it in my bones.

I'm glad someones feeling it :(

Bit of a second string Liverpool squad, rotating will be key for all these December fixtures. With Aspas on the bench, I guess Suarez will come off at 60/70 minutes if they game is going well so he can score his 4th straight hatrick against Norwich midweek ;)

K1LLER7

He was good midweek. The whole team was good midweek. The main difference is that Bayer didn't press and today we didn't have a midfielder capable of playing the ball in quickly to attacking players; in short, no movement.

Basically what that means is that a forty year old is a more effective football player than Tom Cleverley. And while Jones might have given away a few too many free kicks, without him I'm sure we would have lost, and so of course he's suspended.

You see Kagawa in pockets of space and he wants the ball played into him so he can turn. Yet our midfielders always take the option of playing it to the wings. Giggs in the CL game, would play it into Kagawa when he was in those positions, whereas today the ball kept going to Valencia on the wings.

Our players and style of play don't suit Kagawa. He'd be more effective at Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea.

From Porto´s match yesterday.

portokby29.gif

They are a fountain of laughs right now.

doicare

Typical result, United have to go into yet another game with injuries to key players where as the opposition had no key players out, then despite all that United were still slightly the better side but didn't get the win.

tri_willy

irrgJxiovmBwk.PNG

off to a decent start, i probably should never bet on ucl again... always get one fucking wrong!!!

ibiCk7Tbf04aYL.PNG

cmon the rest of you lot!!! win for meeeeeeeee

cmon liverpool! who do we need in january fellas??? p.s. no benzema for suarez thanks :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://i.minus.com/irrgJxiovmBwk.PNG[MG]

off to a decent start, i probably should never bet on ucl again... always get one fucking wrong!!!

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibiCk7Tbf04aYL.PNGMG]

cmon the rest of you lot!!! win for meeeeeeeee

cmon liverpool! who do we need in january fellas??? p.s. no benzema for suarez thanks :p[/QUOTE]
You bet on Inter? I hope you lose all your money.

and your house

Rad-

You see Kagawa in pockets of space and he wants the ball played into him so he can turn. Yet our midfielders always take the option of playing it to the wings. Giggs in the CL game, would play it into Kagawa when he was in those positions, whereas today the ball kept going to Valencia on the wings.

Our players and style of play don't suit Kagawa. He'd be more effective at Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea.

I don't think he suits PL period. He always impresses more when playing teams outside of England.

Man Utd have two home games coming up against teams above them to make up ground, if they don't take that opportunity then they are gonna be seriously trailing.

Mind you, i'm hoping they don't win the second of those two games (Toon fan :p)

Typical result, United have to go into yet another game with injuries to key players where as the opposition had no key players out, then despite all that United were still slightly the better side but didn't get the win.
Nah, you should've lost. Kyle Walker was your best player.

Kikarian

He was good midweek. The whole team was good midweek. The main difference is that Bayer didn't press and today we didn't have a midfielder capable of playing the ball in quickly to attacking players and our wing-play was dreadful (starting Welbeck? I just don't); in short, no movement.

You're right. As much as I think Giggs is passed it now, he does a lot more than Cleverley does. Cleverley always looks for the easy option/pass. Jones is a great player to have in your team.

Cleverley and Fellaini shouldn't start against Everton. I don't expect Fellaini will anyway.

Garjon

I'd say that was a fair result but Spurs had the lion's share of the good chances (and sitters) whereas both Utd's goals came from stupid mistakes. Both teams showed a gross lack of communication in the second half across the pitch; the quality was there but it just didn't translate into effective attacking play most of the time.

Best result for a neutral.

Top Bottom