• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Fergie

Banned
Beneficial for United at least.

moyesnoddingsqcrb.gif

L1NETT

Brilliant, utterly brilliant example of complete and utter anti football

Well done scousers, hope you or city win the league. (or even Arsenal)

Let's have a FOOTBALL team win it, not this fucking Jose garbage.

"Boring boring chelsea"

First shot on target in the 88th minute.

Arsenal fans.

Oh come on. Chelsea killed the game stone dead. Arsenal were gash, point taken but Mou is legendarily boring.

Wenger still can't beat Mourinho. glorious.

Liverpool at the top makes me sick, though. shows you the quality of this shit league when last season's 7th place is first this season. Mickey Mouse, Sunday league.

Plasma

Banned

Well done scousers, hope you or city win the league. (or even Arsenal)

Let's have a FOOTBALL team win it, not this fucking Jose garbage.

It was like watching an expensive Stoke team play.

That stupid bid for Suarez will come to haunt us in May. Giroud is completely unreliable - he is not good enough to lead the attack of a championship winning team.

Our slip down to mid table and ultimate position swap with Man United is well on it's way.

Wat, I thought it was a controlled but decent performance.

It was either that, or we go 4-2-3-1 and risk conceding 3 goals again. Mata needed to play, if he'd have been in Willian's situation he'd have almost definitely put it away, disappointed that Jose didn't bring him on.

We've not done well defensively this season, that game shows we've still got it in us we just need to work on the attacking side.

Obviously not the most exciting match ever, but I can't say I'm bothered.

Suen

This game was as good as the Milan derby. Ramsey was atrocious and Giroud isn't even an average striker; he's shite. We need a new striker asap and yes Lightning I'll gladly fucking take Vela now for sure as I believe Giroud does not deserve a spot in the XI anymore.

you shut your crooked, yellow teeth.

anti-football is something you play with your arms using a cube where the one who scores less wins.

this is defensive, counter-attack football.

don't like it? get bent.

Clegg

Poor game. Neither team played especially well. Conditions may have played a part, but both teams passing was abysmal at times. I don't think anything can excuse that.

Have to question Giroud's temperament in big games. None of the attacking players played particularly well. Ozil was poor and Willian was as bad. Hazard was the only player who tries to make something happen.

L1NETT

It was like watching an expensive Stoke team play.

Stoke I can understand (a bit) with their bin men up front and lack of competent ball players.

But when you have: Hazard, Oscar and Mata and you then turn out that absolute disgrace to football you deserve to get slated.

Lambda; if chelsea had no good players I can understand them not playing at the Emirates. But they do, that's my point

*Shrug

Baki

This game was as good as the Milan derby. Ramsey was atrocious and Giroud isn't even an average striker; he's shite. We need a new striker asap and yes Lightning I'll gladly fucking take Vela now for sure as I believe Giroud does not deserve a spot in the XI anymore.

Yeah, Giroud needs to be shipped back to France. FUck. We need Costa bad.

Facism

Gold Member
2 points from 9 when we were 5 minutes away from being 7 points clear at the table means this draw is points lost, not gained.

We managed our 1st shot in the last few mins of the game yet the cunt never made any changes.

oh well. At least you'll have a champs league spot.

Plasma

Banned
Still can't believe we didn't make any subs, you have Cazorla who can make something out of nothing and Podolski who is a lethal finisher with his left foot and we didn't bring either of them on.

Wat, I thought it was a controlled but decent performance.

It was either that, or we go 4-2-3-1 and risk conceding 3 goals again. Mata needed to play, if he'd have been in Willian's situation he'd have almost definitely put it away, disappointed that Jose didn't bring him on.

We've not done well defensively this season, that game shows we've still got it in us we just need to work on the attacking side.

Obviously not the most exciting match ever, but I can't say I'm bothered.
We can't kill off the "small" teams at the moment and aren't picking up points against the big ones with the exception of City which was down to an error. It's not that we're terrible, we're just not very good. I can't see anything other than us picking up single points from our upcoming games. That's not good enough when there are 4-5 other teams picking up wins.

Stoke I can understand (a bit) with their bin men up front and lack of competent ball players.

But when you have: Hazard, Oscar and Mata and you then turn out that absolute disgrace to football you deserve to get slated.

Lambda; if chelsea had no good players I can understand them not playing at the Emirates. But they do, that's my point

*Shrug

The hyperbole is incredible.

You're forgetting we had two great chances (Willian and Lampard), also, have you seen us recently? 6 goals conceded in last two away games in the league, I don't see whats so wrong with us trying to fix that. Yes we need a new striker, yes we weren't as attacking as we have been but it was important not to lose and we didn't, by and large thought we were the better team considering it took Arsenal a long time to even have a shot on target.

I assume we are at the point now where no-one would begrudge Mata handing in a transfer request next week?
Not at all. If he decided to fuck off to a rival I could do nothing but wish him well. Brutally under appreciated by José. Not sure what he's done short of banging José's wife.

We can't kill off the "small" teams at the moment and aren't picking up points against the big ones with the exception of City which was down to an error. It's not that we're terrible, we're just not very good. I can't see anything other than us picking up single points from our upcoming games. That's not good enough when there are 4-5 other teams picking up wins.

We can't kill them off because we can't stop conceding. Tonight showed we're completely capable of defending as we've always done and we had two chances in the first half. We have Swansea next, I expect (hope) to keep the same formation and be a bit more attacking.

Need Mata to play, don't leave us <3

Top Bottom