• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Baki

the fixtures for the next month or so are all pretty winnable. the title challenge may be dead but it is imperative that we do not let Liverpool finish above us this season.

Challenge is still on mate.

the only two proper chances arsenal had were giroud's two chances. he set one of them up himself, too. gotta give him credit for that, but i do feel that someone like rvp, someone with that extra bit of quality, would've done better with the volley.

of course players miss chances, but when you're playing these big games where you only get a small chances, you have to take at least one of them.

but i suppose that's just the difference between a good cf and a top striker.

i'm more concerned about arsenal's performance rather than giroud's.

I agree. Arsenal as a whole were dire (specifically the attacking midfield). Mert, Verm, Chez, Arteta and Rosicky were fine.

Yen

BcM9z7mCEAAx4WA.png

Salvadora

John Cross is a slightly laughable individual, but stuff breaks.

Modern technology innit.

Edit: Oh god. He's trying to get a phone off a randomer, not his mates /dead.

Suen

am I the only one who laughs whenever Suen says 'we' and confuses the fuck out of everyone?
KuGsj.gif
I always discuss in regards to the latest game being played. Why would I mention a team from a corrupt league or best league when they are on break? And how do they relate to me mentioning Giroud in previous posts? Are some of you here incapable of seeing simple patterns and connecting the dots?

Posts about Arsenal - Chelsea
Post about Giroud
Post about Giroud
Post about Giroud
People mention Costa as replacement
Suen mention Costs won't come

Some gaffers: lol guy is talking about Madrid and Parma.

Fucking pls. I'm not dealing with kids here.

Lightning

Banned
Liverpool lose to City
Arsenal beat West Ham
Chelsea beat Swansea
Everton beat Sunderland

And that will put Liverpool in 5th spot. lol.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah, been awfully busy. Recently moved back to the US and dealing with all of the baggage that entails. I'm glad Liverpool are doing so well but was awfully surprised to see Napoli and Juventus in the Europa league....

They let us down.....

On a side note Sacramento is the most un-capital of capitals if that makes any sense, such a strange place.

I'm not

F6yCZLj.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I always discuss in regards to the latest game being played. Why would I mention a team from a corrupt league or best league when they are on break? And how do they relate to me mentioning Giroud in previous posts? Are some of you here incapable of seeing simple patterns and connecting the dots?

Posts about Arsenal - Chelsea
Post about Giroud
Post about Giroud
Post about Giroud
People mention Costa as replacement
Suen mention Costs won't come

Some gaffers: lol guy is talking about Madrid and Parma.

Fucking pls. I'm not dealing with kids here.

oh my
KuGsj.gif

I was kidding you lemon

Wait, AC Milan are still in the CL no?

Milan > Juentas then right?

Why yes of course. And Allegri > Conte.

Feorax

@neilashton_: Wenger on Ashley Cole in post-match press conference at Arsenal. Says he wouldn't think twice about bringing him back in summer "if I needed

Thoughts Gooners? Would you have him back?

Elchele

Second half of the season is going to be very interesting, wonder if Freiburg will be able to pull themselves out of relegation zone without european competitions drawing away their attention.

Schalke if they finally sign Schaaf, Dortmund signing new players in the winter(?), wonder if Wolfsburg will be able to continue their good form and qualify for EL/CL -long overdue-. Fuck Leverkusen and Fuck Voller, and fuck Pep.

Clegg

that's what I said when Mou won it with Inter by turtling their way to victory.

But to be fair, it makes sense to play defensively away from home and to a side like Arsenal.

When we throw players forward we leak goals. We don't have the defending talent to support the attacking players.
I know Arsenal are a good team and Chelsea can leak goals, but that match was there for the taking if Mou had told them to push on. It's not like they didn't create chances. They could've scored.

Feorax

I can't wait to see how Mou plans to deal with us. Any team that tries to sit back and defend to play on the counter just plays straight into our hands at the moment.

Peco

----------------------Abbiati
De Sciglio - Rami - Bonera - D'Ambrosio
-----Montolivo - De Jong - Nainggolan
-----------------------Honda
--------------Pazzini - Balotelli

This could be good even with Allegri.

Fry

Don't worry. Second half of the season, all the top teams have to come to Anfield.

The last 19 games for us are easier than the first 19, and we have no CL/EL/COC to worry about. Next 2 games are just bonus points for us.

I like your thinking better. :)

Messi

Don't worry. Second half of the season, all the top teams have to come to Anfield.

The last 19 games for us are easier than the first 19, and we have no CL/EL/COC to worry about. Next 2 games are just bonus points for us.

This is the kind of post that will come back and bite you in the ass looool

Lightning

Banned
Fuck you!!!!! Don't do this to me.
Liverpool have by far the hardest fixture. Everton play at home, Chelsea at home and Arsenal play West Ham away. 1 loss and it's first to 5th with Navas, Silva, Toure, Fernandinho, Negredo, Nasri, Dzeko all waiting to run at Skrtel, Flanagan, Kolo, Aggar, Lucas, Sakho. Could be a long game for that defense and when that' s done Mou's bus is waiting.

jtb

Banned
I'd rather bring back RVP than Cole and I'd rather bring in world-class young players in those positions over both. Though we're probably set in the LB department for a while now, could use a RB if Sagna's not going to be given a new contract.

Top Bottom