• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

L1NETT

by and large thought we were the better team considering it took Arsenal a long time to even have a shot on target.

Oh I'm not saying that you didn't do well. You came with a gameplan, and executed it bloody well. Fair play. Completely killed Arsenal playing.

My point is that I really really despise the vintage Mou gameplan with the amount of attacking talent Chelsea have.

And I'd rather watch a team play good football than focusing completely on stopping the other team doing so.

Suddenly Giroud suck. It wasn't that long ago when Arsenal fans were hanging on his scrotum, praising how great of a player he was.

notice the shift in attitudes. from 1 month ago when everyone was "CHAMPIONS!! GIROUD <3 OZIL <3 RAMSAY <3" to "shit team, we should be glad to finish top 4".

love it, i could bathe in their tears.

bud

Suddenly Giroud suck. It wasn't that long ago when Arsenal fans were hanging on his scrotum, praising how great of a player he was.
i like him quite a bit, and he's improved immensely over last season, but i do feel that he lacks something against the bigger teams. bit then again, arsenal as a whole haven't been playing well, especially against the bigger teams so it's not entirely his fault.

iMGOdLw5GSDmv.gif

SO CLOSE ;_;

Giroud is solid.

He just isn't a match winner.

The chances today weren't easy, if he'd finished them they would be good finishes but he hasn't got that in him.

My use of United being near the top?
8 points is a lot innit.

So annoyed about those two last min goals we conceded. Basic defending and we'd be in a much better position.

Ah well.

We can't kill them off because we can't stop conceding. Tonight showed we're completely capable of defending as we've always done and we had two chances in the first half. We have Swansea next, I expect (hope) to keep the same formation and be a bit more attacking.

Need Mata to play, don't leave us <3
Eh, I don't know. We'll see where we are at the end of the season.

I doubt Mata goes in January unless he's outrightly told he's surplus to requirement and free to leave. If a bid comes in, then perhaps. But if it continues as it is he has to go in the Summer. If that happens it will be silly lose for us, but good luck to him wherever he goes. Wee gentleman.

Baki

Hopefully we use the remaining fixtures to pull away again. Draws between Liverpool and Man City/Chelsea would be great.

Lightning

Banned
i like him quite a bit, and he's improved immensely over last season, but i do feel that he lacks something against the bigger teams. bit then again, arsenal as a whole haven't been playing well, especially against the bigger teams so it's not entirely his fault.
He plays exactly the same against all the teams. He is not a clinical finisher but against lesser teams he gets more chances so still scores many times but against the better teams where you don't get many chances those misses stand out a lot more.

He can't lead the line for a team like Arsenal.

eh, I don't think anyone was suddenly oblivious to his deficiencies. The same Arsenal fans were still talking about Suarez/Striker X, no?

We know we need someone better. Doesn't make Giroud a bad player, but I think if you asked any Gooner when's the last time he scored a 1v1, or a clear cut chance on the left at an angle, they wouldn't be able to tell you.

The miss annoyed me at the time, but it wasn't a surprise, so I find it hard to pin anything on him. He's a poor finisher, that part of his game hasn't and won't change. It was exacerbated today because the midfield he supplies was just so fucking dire

Clegg

8 points is a lot innit.

So annoyed about those two last min goals we conceded. Basic defending and we'd be in a much better position.

Ah well.
It isn't really that big a gap in the context of the whole league standings. I was just thinking that 8 points between first and eighth isn't a margin that you think is insurmoumtable. Usually you'd expect a larger gap.

We obv havent played well and our last minute blunders have been infuriating. And we'd have go play well to close the gap. But things could be much wore imo.

Mata is as good as gone. i wouldn't plan fantasy teams with him on Chelsea for 2014. when Mou doesn't like you, he doesn't like you.

Chelsea still needs a quick striker, someone who can play in the CL still, someone with a never ending hunger for goals, someone who fits Mourinho's gameplans, someone like....

Radamel+Falcao+Leicester+City+v+Monaco+Pre+OSXYWZYZanhl.jpg

Because he was playing great not that long ago....

And your point? Like bud said, the whole team has been playing like crap, not just him.

It's not his fault. He had the one chance he missed today but players will miss chances and I don't think he has missed a lot of chances this season. Gervinho he is not.

subtles

SUBTLECLOOOOOUDS

Long time m8
Yeah, been awfully busy. Recently moved back to the US and dealing with all of the baggage that entails. I'm glad Liverpool are doing so well but was awfully surprised to see Napoli and Juventus in the Europa league....

They let us down.....

On a side note Sacramento is the most un-capital of capitals if that makes any sense, such a strange place.

Suen

He plays exactly the same against all the teams. He is not a clinical finisher but against lesser teams he gets more chances so still scores many times but against the better teams where you don't get many chances those misses stand out a lot more.

He can't lead the line for a team like Arsenal.
Not only can't he finish on more difficult chances but he is slow which leads to two other problems:

1. Several good long passes get wasted because defenders of opposing team always catch up to him and get to the ball before him, making long passes to him completely useless and thus restricting our flexibility up front.

2. His slow pace leads to him breaking our build up play frequently when he is involved, mostly in counters so we barely threaten on fast counters.

He's not up for the job.

Get bent Lambda.

Defense should up against a big team was nice to see. It's the bad times I'm worried about .

Just need to shoot the offense in the arm

Also wouldn't blame mata for leaving , guy is under used

Suen

And your point? Like bud said, the whole team has been playing like crap, not just him.

It's not his fault. He had the one chance he missed today but players will miss chances and I don't think he has missed a lot of chances this season. Gervinho he is not.
He's not Gervinho but he sure fails to give that extra push on the few chances we create against big teams. Is it fair to put all blame on him? No but players who are better manage to finish in one of those few chances. Giroud is not what you'd call a stable choice if you have title ambitions.

jtb

Banned
the fixtures for the next month or so are all pretty winnable. the title challenge may be dead but it is imperative that we do not let Liverpool finish above us this season.

bud

the only two proper chances arsenal had were giroud's two chances. he set one of them up himself, too. gotta give him credit for that, but i do feel that someone like rvp, someone with that extra bit of quality, would've done better with the volley.

of course players miss chances, but when you're playing these big games where you only get a small chances, you have to take at least one of them.

but i suppose that's just the difference between a good cf and a top striker.

i'm more concerned about arsenal's performance rather than giroud's.

Clegg

Can we criticise Mourinho for being ridiculously negative for a manager with all the attacking talent he has at his disposal?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Can we criticise Mourinho for being ridiculously negative for a manager with all the attacking talent he has at his disposal?

that's what I said when Mou won it with Inter by turtling their way to victory.

But to be fair, it makes sense to play defensively away from home and to a side like Arsenal.

Suen

Why do some Arse fans here think we can get Costa? We won't even if we had a small chance of it happening it would be in summer. Giroud will be there all season so accept it.

Top Bottom