• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

faridmon

My comment seems to be lost within this game.

Ah well, congrats again Hixx. Hope we bounce back again. Unlucky really and a bad at the office.

Fergie

Banned
xBcbizudCMAAx84z.jpg.pagespeed.ic.q156utJiil.webp
Image isn't coming up.

Labadal

No matter how it goes, Sterling has proved to me that the potential is there. A better first touch is still needed. Hope the scoreline doesn't go too crazy in City's favor.

bud

not sure why sakho's switching sides and chasing down navas right before the second goal. some really bad anticipating and position on display there.

RaGe_pt

True. I think lack of European games works in their favour as well though. Barring injuries/suspension they can field their strongest teams in the league without worrying about a crucial game in mid-week.

Yeah I agree. I think their real aim is to qualify for the CL this year and keep improving the quality of their squad. Players like Coutinho, Suarez and Gerrard should play with someone on par with them and not with Allen or even Henderson (even though he has been playing quite well lately). If Liverpool can bring a world class midfielder (should have gone for Moutinho, though it would be hard to divert him from Monaco) they can do great things. And yeah, they're also benefiting from not having to worrie with CL matches in the middle of the week.

Lightning

Banned

Ah well, congrats again Hixx. Hope we bounce back again. Unlucky really and a bad at the office.
I read your post, didn't respond though. You're being negative in that post, you're in with a great shot at top 4.

Saints will be hard without Howard though. Could be another hard day at the office.

GorillaJu

How fucking good was that pass from Suarez to Sterling though? Suarez hasn't scored but he's still been the best player on the pitch IMO. Silva and Suarez the two best out there.

Baki

concede 6 goals

blame officials for defeat

Not really. But there has been some suspect referee decisions at the etihad recently. Admittedly, our midfield failed us that day. But it wasn't a terribad performance. At any rate, I suspect a Tottenham fan would be the expert in conceding goals.

Hixx

I don't think Everton were unlucky. Mannone just made a couple of outstanding saves - Robles or whatever made a decent one as well.. and I genuinely think we should have had a second penalty.

But yeah, apart from about 25 mins of the overall match we got battered. Everton only ever looked like scoring in the last 10 though.

Barzul

How fucking good was that pass from Suarez to Sterling though? Suarez hasn't scored but he's still been the best player on the pitch IMO. Silva and Suarez the two best out there.

He's amazingly good at setting up other players. Buying Suarez was the only good decision Daglish made at L'pool.

faridmon

I don't think Everton were unlucky. Mannone just made a couple of outstanding saves - Robles or whatever made a decent one as well.. and I genuinely think we should have had a second penalty.

But yeah, apart from about 25 mins of the overall match we got battered. Everton only ever looked like scoring in the last 10 though.

Like I said, bad at the office, and unlucky in terms of Mannone being man of the match. We did play our hearts out with 10 men, could not ask for more. In another day we could have won by 4 goals, because of football.

Ah well, hope we learn from that.

faridmon

Even Gus thinks that we were the better team on the pitch and were unlucky.
you could learn a thing or two from your own manager, Hixx.

Top Bottom