• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Meier

yeah not gonna complain about that Suarez one as Skrtel would have been guilty as well

yellow was bullshit however
Tough yellow but I think the ref just considered it to be cynical (and it was) so he was punished for it.

Very good game by Liverpool. The only home game in doubt this season outside of the Bayern one.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I can't decide which was worse, Mignolet's gaffe today or Reina's in this game last season.

L1NETT

Good result for City, good performance from liverpool

Chelsea should be an interesting game, sadly it won't be a good one with boring boring Mourinho.

GGs all round.

Fergie

Banned
City have been shit or we've just been really hard done by.

Either way, getting anything from the Eithad is a bonus, but we didn't deserve to lose.
Aguero would have been game changer but still, Liverpool played the best at the Etihad so far. Gave them a great game.

GorillaJu

It was a great, great game. We shouldn't have lost, that, don't think the result is entirely fair. But it was a game I never expected anything but a loss from so it's easier to take.

Good fight we put up.

Feorax

Congrats City fans. Feels bad to get nothing from the game, but I'm immensley proud of the team today.

I always enjoy our games against City, and today was no exception, despite the result.

L1NETT

Don't blame the ref (easy and rubbish excuse for a loss)

Blame Sterling and Johnson for missing two golden chances.

Played well, be happy.

TheXbox

I hate Suarez and even I feel bad for him. He was the best player on the pitch today, but he's got nothing to show for it other than boos.

sohois

Well robbed of a point by the ref.

Even without that, Liverpool simply the better team here, had the much better second half but finishing let the team down. With Sturridge it probably would have been a win.

Normally I'd be infuriated with a loss due to reffing, but in this case I'm able to see a possible silver lining, in that Liverpool will probably now be much more fired up for the Chelsea game than with a draw. Still easy to a see a situation in which an exhausted Liverpool simply can't cope, though.

There's only one team that can say they went to City's ground and were the better team and that's the best team in the world right now. Pretty nice performance. Only one real bad performer and that was Mignolet with his mistake for the second, even Cissokho was fine in the end. Certainly saw some players noticeably drop off in the second half, which is a concern with the game in 2 (3?) days.

bud

Can we beat Chelsea :(

there seems to be more cohesion to liverpool's passing and movement today than what i've seen of arsenal so far this season. liverpool managed to cope with city's counter attacks rather well, too. genuinely, utterly impressive.

if liverpool play like this against chelsea, they will most definitely win.

GorillaJu

I hate Suarez and even I feel bad for him. He was the best player on the pitch today, but he's got nothing to show for it other than boos.

Yeah, but that's life, isn't it. He knows it's going to be like that and he'll be scoring great goals again soon enough. I absolutely agree he was the best player out there. Sterling had a very good game and its just such a shame he missed his chance to equalize at the end, would have rounded out an excellent evening for him.

Johnson's miss was, to me, appalling. No excuses for him, he isn't a teenager like Sterling. A top class right back should be ready for chances like those to come and be on top of them.

Flanagan would have stuck it in.

Baki

there seems to be more cohesion to liverpool's passing and movement today than what i've seen of arsenal so far this season. liverpool managed to cope with city's counter attacks rather well, too. genuinely, utterly impressive.

if liverpool play like this against chelsea, they will most definitely win.

I disagree. Arsenal have displayed a great midfield cohesion several times this season. Our players are just feeling some mid season strain.

Well robbed of a point by the ref.

Even without that, Liverpool simply the better team here, had the much better second half but finishing let the team down. With Sturridge it probably would have been a win.

Normally I'd be infuriated with a loss due to reffing, but in this case I'm able to see a possible silver lining, in that Liverpool will probably now be much more fired up for the Chelsea game than with a draw. Still easy to a see a situation in which an exhausted Liverpool simply can't cope, though.

There's only one team that can say they went to City's ground and were the better team and that's the best team in the world right now. Pretty nice performance. Only one real bad performer and that was Mignolet with his mistake for the second, even Cissokho was fine in the end. Certainly saw some players noticeably drop off in the second half, which is a concern with the game in 2 (3?) days.

Robbed how?

BcbizudCMAAx84z.jpg

Top Bottom