• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

GorillaJu

Tight at the top. I have no clue who's going to win the league.

I've said since day one I think City are favorites and I believe that now more than ever, but it's going to be a tight race to the end between you and them. I think (hope) that Liverpool and Arsenal can round out the top 4 and leave United and Everton in 5th and 6th.

wedward

Wenger thinks Ramsey's injury is serious. Jesus.

That's what you get for playing someone every single game and running them into the ground.

Facism

Gold Member
game had it all, a terrible referee, missed chances, bad offside calls, fouls being allowed everywhere, saurez getting a card for literally nothing.

unlucky, kidneypool.

Slizz

That's what you get for playing someone every single game and running them into the ground.

People didn't think it was serious?

A) It's Ramsey
B) He went down like a sack of potatoes without getting touched.... while jogging.

Barzul

I think at most it's 2-3 weeks out. He managed to walk off. I can live with that, with Poldi and Theo back. And Ox is back in a week or so.

wedward

A) It's Ramsey
B) He went down like a sack of potatoes without getting touched.... while jogging.

Ramsey has rarely been injured aside from a broken leg so I don't really understand what you are trying to get at with point A.

People go down like a sack of potatoes with a cramp. I figured it was bad, but not sure how bad. Guess we will know more tomorrow.

sohois

I've said since day one I think City are favorites and I believe that now more than ever, but it's going to be a tight race to the end between you and them. I think (hope) that Liverpool and Arsenal can round out the top 4 and leave United and Everton in 5th and 6th.

After the games today I really think that the current top 4 is basically wrapped up. Everton and Newcastle will drop off and Utd simply seem too far off, particularly given the level at which all 4 teams are playing. I could see all of them breaking 80 points at this rate, given that top teams have almost always increased their points rate in the second half of the season. United are going to need something like 50 from 57 to catch up. Some bad injuries for Liverpool or Arsenal and things could change, plus United might really go out and splurge in January to make things interesting.

A lot of debate surrounding Giroud at the moment on twitter.

He is brilliant at hold up play and winning headers, but if we're to forgive his lack of goal scoring habit, we might as well laud Carlton Cole who similarly impresses with his strength and aerial ability. For all the positives with Giroud, he misses too many great chances in important games. I look back at his miss against City and Chelsea. There is no way a team can win the league with such an inconsistent and unreliable front man.

It would be unthinkable to start the 2014/2015 season with him as our main striker, absolutely batshine insane. The bid(s) for Suarez demonstrate Wenger realises this.

GorillaJu

After the games today I really think that the current top 4 is basically wrapped up. Everton and Newcastle will drop off and Utd simply seem too far off, particularly given the level at which all 4 teams are playing. I could see all of them breaking 80 points at this rate, given that top teams have almost always increased their points rate in the second half of the season. United are going to need something like 50 from 57 to catch up. Some bad injuries for Liverpool or Arsenal and things could change, plus United might really go out and splurge in January to make things interesting.

I think we'll play better in the second half of the season like we did last year. I'm more worried about Utd catching up than you are though. They have the money for an impact transfer in January.

To be fair we should have a few coming in ourselves and having that extra depth will make a big difference to us.

We have a plethora of midfield talent to use but too many central midfielders. Who starts?

Cazorla
Ozil
Wilshere
Ramsey
Ox
Flamini
Arteta
Poldi
Theo

Nine players. Nine

sohois

We have a plethora of midfield talent to use but too many central midfielders. Who starts?

Cazorla
Ozil
Wilshere
Ramsey
Ox
Flamini
Arteta
Poldi
Theo

Nine players. Nine

That's spread over 5 positions though, isn't it? Assuming a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Seems like you could probably do with an extra player in there.

wedward

Cazorla
Ozil
Wilshere
Ramsey
Ox
Flamini
Arteta
Poldi
Theo

Nine players. Nine

Jack Arteta Ozil Theo and Cazorla. Poldi and Cazorla can rotate. Jack and Flamini rotate and Ox and Theo rotate. This is assuming Ramsey is out for a couple weeks.

subtles

Hopefully we have a January similar to the last one, addressing key issues with the squad and going on to have a strong end to the season.

That's spread over 5 positions though, isn't it? Assuming a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Seems like you could probably do with an extra player in there.

The missing player is Rosicky. And yeah, I agree. 10 good players for 5 positions is what any top club should have. Gnabry has been a solid emergency option too.

A) It's Ramsey

I think you're confusing Ramsey with Wilshere, lol.

Anyway, a thigh strain is usually between 3-6 weeks depending on the severity. Wilshere's got his chance now, and thankfully Ox is only a couple weeks away.

doicare

I see Man City are getting away with fluking games yet again.
BcbizudCMAAx84z.jpg

Another season where when Manchester United don't win the league, the team that does win it only does so by luck.

Tawpgun

Frustrating game.

Mignolet error, well not so much an error but he should have gotten that ball.

Sterling should have scored on that beautiful ball he got in the second half. It was a tough ball to hit but he was so close to the goal and he skyed it.

Coutinho may have scored our only goal but he totally choked on that beautiful play that was set up for him.

And of course the botched offside call.

slide-15-phil-mitchell.jpg

CUNT

Better than I expected, could, and perhaps should, have been better than I could have hoped for though.

Dunno what the fuck happened with Sakho there, that's where we miss a captain's presence I think, clearly needed someone to tell him to calm the fuck down, even if he shouldn't need it at 23.

The gulf in class between Kompany and our centrebacks is gutting, he just does the basics so well.

Fucks me off that our 2 of our 3 missed sitters this season have cost us such important points, 2 against Everton and 1 today.

That offside decisions is one of the worst I've ever seen, no matter how much Meier tries to pull the wool over our eyes

Skrtel does so much pulling from free kicks, I can only assume its sanctioned by Rodgers. Senseless, since it risks a penalty, and causes him to completely ignore the ball, which is particularly ridiculous since he's normally marking their biggest threat, and it cost us today.

Avoiding a demoralising defeat was my realistic hope today, so job done on that score, scant comfort as it is. Have a real chance to get something at Chelsea, and hopefully we've done enough to encourage others to set up similarly at the Etihad. They're not unbeatable at home.

When the fuck do City start playing away to tough teams other than Southampton btw? Getting on my tits now.

Top Bottom