• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

LTWheels

Think it will be two up front rather than Aspas behind Suarez or as LAM. Hull's 3 central midfielders nullified a lone striker in our last meeting. I think pre-season showed that Aspas can work quite well as the advanced striker stretching back the defence, like Sturridge does.

Exploiting width is important against Hull, so playing 442 will be better because with our 'normal' formation we can be quite narrow at times.

Stubo

Journos are saying not to expect such openness from United this transfer window. We're going back to the days when we'd confirm nothing.
This is fine by me as long as the result is different from summer.

I'm probably along the same lines as every other united fan here in thinking that we really could do with an established CB and a winger in addition to the absolutely critical CM (or two).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
There is no way Huddlestome is playing up front for Hull, if he is then Bruce should be sectioned immediately.

You want Huddlestone in the quarterback role spraying the ball around with the game in front of him, not having to hold the ball up.

Scum

This weather continues to piss me off.

There is no way Huddlestome is playing up front for Hull, if he is then Bruce should be sectioned immediately.

You want Huddlestone in the quarterback role spraying the ball around with the game in front of him, not having to hold the ball up.

He's big, tall and strong! Striker material, innit!

Walshy

Think it will be two up front rather than Aspas behind Suarez or as LAM. Hull's 3 central midfielders nullified a lone striker in our last meeting.
Yeah.

We have a great record at Anfield this season, we need a win here but it will be much tougher than what people expect.

We've been on pretty good form recently so that's bound to stop sooner than later. Must win situation because City and Arsenal will def win their games.

Baki

I hope Everton win and keep Manchester United out of the top 4. Also lol @ Suarez agreeing to a £120m release clause.

Splatt

Stupid flashscore, this should be the lineups

lzlj.png

Elchele

Not any time soon.

Clubs are getting richer throughout the league and will get much much richer still as the next round of TV money hits.

Clubs don't need to sell for £10m anymore, they're income is much higher they can hold out for £20m.

It not necessary has to be from that point of view, but the league keeps getting filled with mediocre players with super high prices and wages. Can't see how that is good for the league.

Only positive is the possibility to buy players from other leagues, because clubs have more money.

No one is going to pay £120m for Suarez. He's basically stuck at Liverpool. His agent really failed him here.

Probably should have stopped trusting his agent to know what he was doing after that whole "release clause" controversy that lasted all summer.

More than anything, Vincent Tan's clapping form has bugged me all season long.

It not necessary has to be from that point of view, but the league keeps getting filled with mediocre players with super high prices and wages. Can't see how that is good for the league.

Only positive is the possibility to buy players from other leagues, because clubs have more money.
There are enough top players playing here for the standard to stay high enough.

Only thing that stops this train is if the tv money somehow stopped coming in. BT will push the prices even higher next time.

It's not good for football in this country but it's great for the league.

Clegg

Norwegian Press say Ole's first signing will be Mats Moller Daehli. He's left United last summer because he wanted first team football. Still only 18 or 19. United have a buy back afaik. Interested to see if he cuts it in the PL.

Scum

No one is going to pay £120m for Suarez. He's basically stuck at Liverpool. His agent really failed him here.

looooooool
You make it seem like it's a bad thing for Liverpool to do what they have to do keep hold of their top notch striker. You wouldn't complain if such a thing kept potential buyers away from your classy players.

Norwegian Press say Ole's first signing will be Mats Moller Daehli. He's left United last summer because he wanted first team football. Still only 18 or 19. United have a buy back afaik. Interested to see if he cuts it in the PL.
Hopefully he brings Magnus Wolff with him too.

Wish we kept Daehli. Reckon he could have made it to the first team.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Lennon is going to destroy Evra.

It is strange how it happens every single time.

As long as we play Capoue and Dembele today we should at least have some authority in the middle, I hope Sherwood doesn't get crazy and put Eriksen back in there.

I know it looked like a 442 against Stoke but really it was more of a 433 with Ade drifting out to the left and Eriksen roaming the centre.

Clegg

Hopefully he brings Magnus Wolff with him too.

Wish we kept Daehli. Reckon he could have made it to the first team.
I think he was set on leaving no matter what. It's a shame he did but that's that. Don't think we're gonna activate his clause either.

DIAME!!!!!

Come on you Irons!

Jussi took a long free kick from the edge of his area, it landed at Diame's feet in Fulham's area and he turned and just put it away. Ultimate route 1 goal.

Ball holding up and splashing all over at the Emirates. Arsenal can't seem to complete many passes as yet. Not sure if the two are related, or these players just haven't played with one another in a while.

Top Bottom