• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Do you disagree?

2012? Of course not....

iXdfCqmYDwdCv.jpg

WJD

All these highlight reels ever seem to do for me is show how poor the quality of football used to be back then.

Marc

About time Pele won it, this is just the start of his Ballon d'Or collection!

The Greatest

Sepp sure dragged that out... this whole thing is awful, why am I watching (!!!), must be an idiot.

SkylineRKR

All these highlight reels ever seem to do for me is show how poor the quality of football used to be back then.

Yeah lots of semi pro back then, slower pace generally. Todays football demands a whole lot more, and its much more tactical (which isn't always fun).

Marc

All it did was make an argument for Robben to be there instead
KuGsj.gif

Yeah, Robben is the much better player. Ribery is the guy who works really hard and stiffens your attack from the front with the odd deflected goal.

Sturridge should be among this list damnit! Won a CL before fucking Ribery.

Randdalf

There's a highlights video of the 1966 World Cup final in colour http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKKuk25rXJk (I assume retroactively colourised). It's striking how little fluency there is in the play there's lots of tackles flying in and long balls overhead. Bobby Charlton keeps on giving the ball away. You have to remember though that they played with a much heavier ball than nowadays, which definitely contributes to the playing style.

Kiraly

she is wearing a fucking fedora :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom