• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're all on a bit of a high after the cup win at Old Trafford up here but this story about Ever Banega joining Sunderland seems a bit far fetched to me. For those that follow la liga, is there anything in it? Is it being reported in Spain as well? This lad just seems a bit to good for us and I've read the reports about Valencia being skint but surely he'd be joining a higher profile team if he was coming to the Premier league?

slider

We're all on a bit of a high after the cup win at Old Trafford up here but this story about Ever Banega joining Sunderland seems a bit far fetched to me. For those that follow la liga, is there anything in it? Is it being reported in Spain as well? This lad just seems a bit to good for us and I've read the reports about Valencia being skint but surely he'd be joining a higher profile team if he was coming to the Premier league?

I'm in no position to comment as I don't know the Spanish lge and I don't know the player. But if I was a player I think Poyet would be a draw. Mind you, I'm a Hammer.

Loan him to us pls

I'm really surprised at our lack of interest in M'Vila, thought he was a cert after he turned up to watch us play a couple of months ago. Guess he really is just very good friends with Sakho.

Speaking of Sakho, I'm desperate for him to start today. He will be vital if we are to keep Everton at bay, and you don't want to throw a centreback straight back in against Lukaku after over 3 weeks out.

Hope Kelly starts as well. Having him fit would be such a boon, but his entire career seems to be in real jeapordy. His body just won't let him flourish :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

If a team offers Valencia the money they want, I don't see why they wouldn't sell. They need the cash.

I guess it comes down to whether the player fancies moving to Sunderland.

FootballFan

Falcao joined Monaco so I never doubt these things anymore.

Banega broke his leg not long ago by running it over wth his own car, a Lamborghini I believe. Lol

He is a good player, passing/vision/control are his strengths, not a bad dribbler either. I wouldn't be surprised if he joined sunderland though, la liga is kaput.

Id love to watch him in the pl though. My fav la liga players always leave. :( Cazorla, isco, borja valero, rondon, rossi etc. Just waiting for griezmann to go man united now.

Banega broke his leg not long ago by running it over wth his own car, a Lamborghini I believe. Lol

He is a good player, passing/vision/control are his strengths, not a bad dribbler either. I wouldn't be surprised if he joined sunderland though, la liga is kaput.

Id love to watch him in the pl though. My fav la liga players always leave. :( Cazorla, isco, borja valero, rondon, rossi etc. Just waiting for griezmann to go man united now.

Borja Valero...

My word, that was a quick decline.

subtles

I miss Marcos Senna :(. I remember this one game against Barcelona where Villareal were being outclassed until Senna came on, bossing the Xavi/Iniesta/Busqi midfield in their prime.

He was at west brom, right? You ever see him at Villarreal or fiorentina? So good.

Technically, he was at West Brom. I'd describe his time there as being similar to a spectre gliding around the club, doing just enough to remind everyone that he exists, but never enough to actually make an impact on anything. Like Nearly Headless Nick or The Bloody Baron

FootballFan

He has a pair of goals this season but no, not screamers. Spartak fans are quite pleased with him so far , makes a good pair in midfield with Denis
"the Menace"
Glushakov.

Glushakov was a good teammate to Loskov, not surprised he adapted well with Tino too.

Salazar

3bV6jHC.jpg

Guilavogui pls

Come to Manchester. Juan can help u shop and size your shit

Plasma

Banned
Abou Diaby is still injured? It's like he makes a few appearances a season and is then ruled out for the rest of it.

I think he had a setback and won't play for the rest of the season, contract runs out at the end of next season. Not sure if he'll play for us again, he even gave up his squad number at the start of the season.

sohois

How do folks rate Aspas ?

I've paid zero attention, apart from the predictable idle mockery.

He's played about 5 games so far. To judge him now would be the height of absurdity - so naturally every fan will tell you he is complete shit or something

Splatt

How do folks rate Aspas ?

I've paid zero attention, apart from the predictable idle mockery.

He's so weak that even Januzaj could inflict a serious injury on him with a shove.

He's played about 5 games so far. To judge him now would be the height of absurdity - so naturally every fan will tell you he is complete shit or something

There's a reason he played only 5 games.

He's shit.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Jones, Kelly, Cissohko, Toure, Skrtel, Henderson, Gerrard, Coutinho, Moses, Suarez, Studge

Hoping for Moses lols

Crazily strong team. You'd think with the injury situation Rodgers might leave a few out, why take such a risk? I'm sure there will be a few agricultural tackles put in.

FootballFan

How will Mata fit into ManUtd on Fifa?

---------------RVP--------------
-------------ROONEY---------
-Nani---------------------Mata-
----------Fellaini-Carrick------
-Who--Gives--A----Shit-----
------------De God---------------

subtles

Is Teixeira in the team or did he just travel with the squad?

Edit: Apparently the subs are: Mignolet, Alberto, Aspas, Sterling, Ibe, Flanagan and Sama.

LTWheels

That's what I like, but I dont expect Moses or Coutinho tracking back so it ends up being a front 4. Plus Moses is even shitter centrally.

When everyone is fit, 4-2-2-2 works with: Allen or Lucas in the side as that would give us players further forward that will knows when to drop back to create an extra man in midfield:

Lucas - Allen
Henderson - Gerrard (or Coutinho)
Suarez-Sturridge

I would have liked to see today:

Henderson - Gerrard
Coutinho - Alberto

I think with our squad we can only really play two formations:

4-2-2-2 and 4-3-3.

I don't think we can play a 4-4-2 as we only have one winger, Sterling.
Fuck Moses
. This means that we then have to end up playing Henderson or Coutinho out wide, reducing their effectiveness. I think there is nothing wrong using Sterling as a sub when the game is stretched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom