• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

longdi

Banned
is neymar really worth 89m?? a lot of it when to the player himself, messi is gonna to pretty pissed! they got messi free besides some drugs upkeep.
bale is only 90m, wonder what will tata say now?

Fëanor

So is it me or do people force desyncing playing Fifa on purpose? Just played against a Real Madrid player and was winning 2-0 when I was out of sync with the game. Did another search and I get the same guy, I go 2-0 and same shit happens. UGH! It has to be on purpose.

is neymar really worth 89m?? a lot of it when to the player himself, messi is gonna to pretty pissed! they got messi free besides some drugs upkeep.

Yes, arguably the second best talent at that age
Drugged up little dwarf is number 1
this century. that is how much it cost to guarantee him playing for Barca. I am sure he is worth a lot more in terms of marketing and merchandise to Barca, especially if he wins the world cup.

Bale, not worth a tenner.

subtles

How many peak (27-32 year old) Brazilian players are there that have lived up to hype and early promise?

Kaka has done pretty well in his later years, and Thiago Silva is still great. But how many others are there? It seems like Brazilians are so prone to being good in their early 20s then completely fizzling out. Dani Alves is another who has always been a top player.

Cafu being such a powerhouse at the age of 35 comes to mind. I do agree with the notion though as an alarming number of Brazilian players do fade away too quickly.

Garrincha drinking himself away must have been a sorrow sight, he was such a phenomenal dribbler.

Yes, arguably the second best talent at that age
Drugged up little dwarf is number 1
this century. that is how much it cost to guarantee him playing for Barca. I am sure he is worth a lot more in terms of marketing and merchandise to Barca, especially if he wins the world cup.

Bale, not worth a tenner.

Gotze at number 2 all day.

GQman2121

Banned
I know we've been busy the last week, but if we're not able to close on Zouma in the next few days I'll be disappointed. I know that sounds horribly selfish, but a deal has seemed so close, for so long now, that not signing him up at this point would be a missed opportunity.

FootballFan

fits my bargain meter, but only just :p

"Anything under 90m was a bargain."

lol but seriously though, he is 21, very good, and has the potential to be the best player in the world not too long from now. But potential is only potential at this point lol.

If all those rumours about paying for his friends to fly over in a private jet multiple times a season, paying him 3million every time he is played out of position, and about 20 other hidden fees are true then fuck that lol. Most stupid contract I've ever heard of.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/11902?cc=4716

funny little piece about transfer tactics from Honigstein.

second man
Sometimes clubs buy players whose abilities are significantly below those of the rest of the squad. These guys are advertised as "talents," "prospects" or "squad players," but that's not the whole truth.

I know of at least two players who were only signed as an excuse to pay an agent a second commission. In one particular case, an agent had to split the fee for renewing a German international's contract with the player's father. By way of compensation, the club in question agreed to sign a cheap, low-profile player on a small salary.

The second man will effectively sit out his contract or only make the odd substitute appearance in a friendly. Like a lot of things going on in football, this sounds incredible but is actually fairly common practice.

Maxwell
A close relative of the the second man: he's a player who always moves in tandem with another player -- sold as a package deal -- and is actually moderately decent in his own right.

haha the Maxwell.

I am wondering if Park was a second man for Arsenal

"Old Man" is available. Go for it.

icY0yvmP2zZ56.gif

JohnHenry_PA_2327132b.jpg

130304090610-ian-ayre-single-image-cut.jpg

_72212455_72212454.jpg

As things stand, you've probably cost us that precious 4th spot and Suarez you fucks

Reasonable funds, and a DM. That's all we needed. Throw a fullback on top for good measure. But no, spend months negotiating with a player who wanted to come here and we didn't even need all that much, then fuck about at the last minute and throw it all down the drain while ignoring the actual glaring holes in the squad. Sending McLaughlin on loan was a shite move as well in hindsight if Johnson ahs been carrying a bad injury for a matter of months, and Kelly's knee swells up whenever he ties a pair of fucking boots up. R-Mac is probably better than fucking Cissokho at leftback as well.

Fuck off. If things don't get moving at breakneck speed, we'll have yet again sabotaged our own fucking chances of making that hugely important step to being one of the top teams in the country. Wouldn't blame Suarez one iota for leaving in the summer in the face of such a lack of ambition.

'Slow and steady wins the race'

Fuck off. In the top half of the Premier League, the hare always bombasts the tortoise.

FUCK

Spleen vented, onto Bournemouth.

dc89

I dreamt about GAF last night. I dunno why but I was posting threads in gaming and everyone was late and closed.

I got junioured, then I woke up in a cold sweat.

GorillaJu

Yeah, that's him

How much money have the Red Sox been spending recently btw?

The owners are not holding the team back. Things don't always happen at the pace you want them to. Stop worrying about the money.

Though I agree as things stand we could use some work in the negotiations element.

The owners are not holding the team back. Things don't always happen at the pace you want them to. Stop worrying about the money.

Though I agree as things stand we could use some work in the negotiations element.

Its not about the pace I want things to move at, its about the pace I think we need things to move at :p

January, especially one as important as this, is not a time to piss about with transfers.

I have a feeling we'll get a DM in the dying hours though. Rodgers is a smart man, and even an idiot can see that we need one.

And there's no point reasoning with me when I'm ranting, ain't nothing gonna stop the stream of pessimism so you might as well put me on ignore til February 1st :p

It is undeniably very frustrating though, we should have had a backup DM lined up for the 1st January

GorillaJu

Its not about the pace I want things to move at, its about the pace I think we need things to move at :p

January, especially one as important as this, is not a time to piss about with transfers.

I have a feeling we'll get a DM in the dying hours though. Rodgers is a smart man, and even an idiot can see that we need one.

And there's no point reasoning with me when I'm ranting, ain't nothing gonna stop the stream of pessimism so you might as well put me on ignore til February 1st :p

It is undeniably very frustrating though, we should have had a backup DM lined up for the 1st January

I share your concerns, we obviously need help controlling the midfield, but we aren't going to panic buy a player who isn't a good long term fit for us, and we shouldn't.

The dramatic "do or die" mentality about a single transfer window is going too far. We have absolutely no idea what is going on behind the scenes, and the club have infinitely more knowledge than we do about players, their prices, their plans, who is available, who will fit in, etc.

It's not just a matter of "that guy from Porto looks class let's sign him up."

The squad thus far has gotten us to fourth place in the face of some real palpable hardships, including some abject officiating in big matches. Yes, we're hit rather hard by injuries right now, but we started the season without Coutinho, Suarez and Sakho. We'll be okay, even if we don't buy someone.

I share your concerns, we obviously need help controlling the midfield, but we aren't going to panic buy a player who isn't a good long term fit for us, and we shouldn't.

The dramatic "do or die" mentality about a single transfer window is going too far. We have absolutely no idea what is going on behind the scenes, and the club have infinitely more knowledge than we do about players, their prices, their plans, who is available, who will fit in, etc.

It's not just a matter of "that guy from Porto looks class let's sign him up."

The squad thus far has gotten us to fourth place in the face of some real palpable hardships, and some abject officiating in big matches. Yes, we're hit rather hard by injuries right now, but we started the season without Coutinho, Suarez and Sakho. We'll be okay, even if we don't buy someone.

Utter nonsense. I'm a RAWK veteran, footy-thread expert, twitter muppet and reactionary twat. I'm an expert on every player in every team in every league, even the ones I've never heard of before. I am the zenith of the internet-addicted football fan. Just need to start playing FM, and I'll ascend to deity status :p

Good post, I just need one single semi-reliable twitter rumour to cling onto in the tide of frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom