• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

I just need one single semi-reliable twitter rumour to cling onto in the tide of frustration

Yes, I'm so skeptical about any news that appears anyway, my first instinct is to doubt every link and assume the ones that are strong aren't going to happen anyway since Chelsea are going to come in at the last minute.

From what I understand, Salah being tied up with Chelsea isn't 100% certain quite yet though. They went straight to Basel with a bid and haven't spoken to the player's agent according to Mourinho, so there's an extremely slim chance that it still happens for us, if we've convinced the agent that Liverpool is the best destination. Shades of Micky with this one, so I'm not holding out hope, but it'd be a really interesting twist if it somehow happened differently.

subtles

The biggest issue for me is the incompetence surrounding our negotiations. The Aspas agent fiasco that has been echoed here quite a bit was among the lowest points tbf. We take far too long when negotiating and the number of times we've heard of derisory offers gives me the shivers. We've missed out on many of our first targets.

I've heard it mentioned by a journalist that we are now scouting targets (after Salah) and that we didn't do our homework before. What's really happening? Who knows. I just hope we close deals off in the future and get our targets in.

Ravindra-Jadeja997.jpg

So close

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We'd better sign someone soon, I don't want Harry Kane as our third choice striker. Seems like the Holtby and Capoue deals have stalled too, I expect they'll both leave on loan.

FootballFan

Anyone here seen confederations cup highlights in 4k on a 4k TV?

Jeeez. Incredible IMO. I can't wait to buy some 4k bluray highlights of the world cup.

subtles

I wonder if the analysts that review the games with Rodgers ever tell him he dun goofed and not to try something again? How often do they work through fixing errors on the pitch and improving players? Being Livepool was made too early.

what's with the soul patches? Hitcher must be fuming right now.

They're not true soul patches. Having the sould patch hair be slightly longer than the rest of the beard is fine, having the patch on its own like David Villa is not

I'd give Hummels a proper bumming given half a chance :p

GorillaJu

I wonder if the analysts that review the games with Rodgers ever tell him he dun goofed and not to try something again? How often do they work through fixing errors on the pitch and improving players? Being Livepool was made too early.

Everyone's faces after the Villa game:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FootballFan

Hahhahahahahahahaahh heskeyyy what a fucking miss.

Even the a league commentator said its one of the misses of the season so you know its bad.

I imagine the vast majority of analysis is done between him and Colin '100% record' Pascoe. Ideally he'd have pulled a Mourinho and fixed it earlier, but he clearly recognised that he'd fucked up with the setup against Villa. He's a smart guy, think he needs to choose his games to experiment in more wisely though. Would also like to see us with a settled first 11 and formation, which we could persist with until it works as B-Rod envisions it, raher than constantly changing it around. A huge part of that is due to the lack of balance in the squad though, which leaves players being shoehorned into positions, especially Coutinho.

Salazar

They're not true soul patches. Having the sould patch hair be slightly longer than the rest of the beard is fine, having the patch on its own like David Villa is not

My moustache gets immense because I'm wary of fucking it up.

And I've only seen a very few no-mo beards that look ok.

My moustache gets immense because I'm wary of fucking it up.

And I've only seen a very few no-mo beards that look ok.

There is little as spine-tinglingly unpleasant to me as the feeling of the moustache touching the bottom lip. That's when I know a pruning is imminent and vital :p

wedward

That was us last season, the cunt. Made Allen look like a 7 year old tbh.

Yeah, he was incredible. It's very sad what has happened to him. It sounds like all his injury issues are a result of that horror tackle on him.

He is so technically gifted and I think he would have been part of our best 11 had he been able to stay healthy.

I am glad Arsene stuck by him all this time. He won't get another contract from us and it's a shame. He could have been great.

subtles

I imagine the vast majority of analysis is done between him and Colin '100% record' Pascoe. Ideally he'd have pulled a Mourinho and fixed it earlier, but he clearly recognised that he'd fucked up with the setup against Villa. He's a smart guy, think he needs to choose his games to experiment in more wisely though. Would also like to see us with a settled first 11 and formation, which we could persist with until it works as B-Rod envisions it, raher than constantly changing it around. A huge part of that is due to the lack of balance in the squad though, which leaves players being shoehorned into positions, especially Coutinho.
I do remember he had staff dedicated to the analysis of games, as well as scouting the opposition. The squad does lack balance but Villa were pressuring Gerrard who was alone in midfield so much that we were asking to concede.

A substitution wasn't entirely necessary as the team had already been picked at that point but the team should've played closer together and prevented the pressure on our midfield. I remember at one point three players surrounded Gerrard who had no one to pass to.

That half was the epitome of imbalance imo, from the personel selected to the way the team was set up to play. DM aside, our team (without the injuries) is one of the most tactically versatile in the league. The number of setups we can go with is astounding, going anywhere from who leads the line, back three/four or even who plays in the hole (as simple examples). The different options Gerrard/Henderson(pressing so hard from the front <3)/Allen/Coutinho offer excites me. Changing the positions of Suarez and Sturridge has caused a drastic change in the way we play. We really are a winger, DM and FB(s) away from having a rich, diverse squad.

I'm not talking about quality here as there are much better squads in the league but rather the versatility we are afforded with the players at our disposal. I hope we continue to build on this.

FootballFan

So happy we are going to get him in the summer

Will be absolute beast for over decade for us. And he wont be shit for the first decade he plays for us either like Valdes was.

Wasn't impressed by him vs bayern tbh. Bad distribution and didn't catch one kick, punches and slaps everything sideways.

Razor554

Wasn't impressed by him vs bayern tbh. Bad distribution and didn't catch one kick, punches and slaps everything sideways.

Only 21 of age, there is still some room to improve. Didn't watch the game vs Bayern, but the few times i've seen him play this season he has always been great. Would definitely sign him instead of Courtois.

FootballFan

Only 21 of age, there is still some room to improve. Didn't watch the game vs Bayern, but the few times i've seen him play this season he has always been great. Would definitely sign him instead of Courtois.

Courtois makes mistakes and amazing saves every time I watch lol. Don't really know whether id want him or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom