• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even in the league with everyone fit, I don't think we have players that are suited for a 4-4-2. We don't have the right kind of midfielders for it. Why do we need to always start both Sturridge and Suarez? Having one come off the bench is a great asset. What's the point of having two strikers on the pitch if they are isolated because we can't control the midfield?

I think we need to think about getting another defensive midfielder. I know we are usually playing balls out football, where we plan to outscore the competition, but I'd rather us have more control of the scoring. Lucas, love him, just can't stay healthy.

Salazar

There's some Moses lols for ya, Sal.

Looks like the man has found his level.

I find him hilarious. I did when he was at Wigan.

I read that Nigeria's coach has been grizzling about his benching but is probably gonna stick with him no matter what. Which is good news. WC Brazil could be life-threateningly entertaining.

GorillaJu

How do we manage to concede so many shots? Granted they're all outside the box, I just hate seeing our dudes slipping around while the ball perpetually lands right in front of an opposition player.

sohois

Moses should be on the right, you can play without a recognised LW because Henderson is there to cover but there is no one for Kelly.

Tegris

Hendo's finishing continues to be awful, he really needs to improve that if he's going to play further up the pitch.

He's getting old.

That's all it is.

Rodgers isn't doing him any favours playing him as the deepest midfielder, a role which he's never really had to play before, even his younger, fitter days. I'd much rather see him play in the hole for the last 30 minutes of matches.

LTWheels

Rodger's needs to learn that playing football is not about having all your 'best players' on the pitch if the formation does not work.

Kikarian

Hopefully he's on the bench Tuesday.

It's all coming together.
gqKQu0A.gif

sohois

2 wrong offsides for what probably would have been 2 goals. Shocking officiating

LTWheels said:
A 4-3-3 or 4-2-2-2, with the correct players in the correct places.

But we are already playing like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom