• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOGNO POSSIBLE

moyes4_2559035b.jpg

They're getting down the channels ridiculously easily, and for the firt 35 minutes were finding far too much space in the middle between our front 5 and back 5. This system isn't working either.

Need that second, sharpish. Moses has been one of our brightest players, with 3 nice little pieces of play. Kelly keeps being left 2-on-1 with their winger and fullback, and its impossible for a fullback to do the right thing in that circumstance.

Barzul

Man hope Draxler goes through. We need a lift in our title fight. Still have us for the title, we have by far the best defense in the league. That's what will get us the title.
I hope

subtles

It seems like we've got our answer. Many of the same mistakes are being made this game, the form of some players continues to be an issue.

Mata is a good signing for Man U, but it's a shame that they are resorted to spending big bucks on someone so out of favour. Man Utd are one of the biggest names in world football and they've basically bought £37 million's worth of (good quality) dregs.

Mourinho must be grinning like a fucker somewhere.

Hixx

Why don't Liverpool play like a 4-1-3-2?

I mean, Sturridge and Suarez aren't exactly the type of strikers who thrive off crosses, more play around the edge of the box.

They'd need a quality midfielder but surely it's better than persisting with one of them on the wing and some shite like Moses on the other?

Barzul

Mata is a good signing for Man U, but it's a shame that they are resorted to spending big bucks on someone so out of favour. Man Utd are one of the biggest names in world football and they've basically bought £37 million's worth of (good quality) dregs.

This guy has the best chance creation stats for the past couple of years. Before this season, you wouldn't have made that post.

sohois

Seems like a fairly standard lower league cup game to me. Bournemouth come out full of energy and enthusiasm and put lots of pressure on Liverpool, but don't really have the quality to make anything of it and eventually concede. I don't see much worth analyzing in the game myself

When Henderson does score, he looks like a natural doing it. When he doesn't, he looks like he's doing an impression of Jones' penalty, like he forgets the absolute basics of shooting technique.

Getting a little annoyed with Toure's clearances landing 30 yards or closer to our goal. Cissokho hasn't seen much of the ball, thankfully.

£37m is a fair price.

Players of his quality move for £30m now.

Considering we are buying from Chelsea, it's a good deal.

This guy has the best chance creation stats for the past couple of years. Before this season, you wouldn't have made that post.

I'm a hammers fan, so I'd take Mata in a heartbeat. I just think its a shame that Man Utd, with all that global brand recognition and history are struggling in the transfer market. They had a poor one last time around, they've had a poor season and now they are buying Mourinho's cast off's for a lot of money.

He's a great player but the fact of the matter is that he doesn't fit Mourinho's strategy because he's a lazy bugger when it comes to defending. - Speaking of that, Man Utd need to do a spot of that too.

Incidentally, West Ham have two Italians coming in. A midfielder and a striker.

Big Sam doesn't understand that we need some good defenders. Buy a talisman for the back and we can rally around that.

GorillaJu

When Henderson does score, he looks like a natural doing it. When he doesn't, he looks like he's doing an impression of Jones' penalty, like he forgets the absolute basics of shooting technique.

Getting a little annoyed with Toure's clearances landing 30 yards or closer to our goal. Cissokho hasn't seen much of the ball, thankfully.

Yeah, our clearances from the defense just seem to get us in more trouble every time. Sakho can't come back soon enough.

TeddyBoy

We are practically playing a 4-2-4.

We're playing 4-2-3-1 because it means we can play our best players, try to hide that lack of a decent defence and not play too many cm's (since we have none).

Originally Suarez was up top and Sturridge on the right as Sturridge provides slightly better defensive cover for Kelly (this was flipped back around even though Sturridge doesn't like right midfield).

Moses is playing as he provides better defensive cover for Cissokho over Coutinho.

Gerrard, Henderson and the entire defence are playing because we have no one else. It's as simple as.

We are playing gash, mostly because of how poor our central midfielders are covering our defence throughout the middle. Hoping Alberto and Sterling come on for countinho and Sturridge respectively with a late cameo for Aspas.

Why don't Liverpool play like a 4-1-3-2?

I mean, Sturridge and Suarez aren't exactly the type of strikers who thrive off crosses, more play around the edge of the box.

They'd need a quality midfielder but surely it's better than persisting with one of them on the wing and some shite like Moses on the other?

We tried with one in the middle against Aston Villa, we got decimated. Our defence is too injured to play how we would ideally like, so we must make do.

DBT85

Hopefully he's on the bench Tuesday.

It's all coming together.

If only he had been talking about next tuesday.

I'll take those dregs.

Barzul

I'm a hammers fan, so I'd take Mata in a heartbeat. I just think its a shame that Man Utd, with all that global brand recognition and history are struggling in the transfer market. They had a poor one last time around, they've had a poor season and now they are buying Mourinho's cast off's for a lot of money.

He's a great player but the fact of the matter is that he doesn't fit Mourinho's strategy because he's a lazy bugger when it comes to defending. - Speaking of that, Man Utd need to do a spot of that too.

Incidentally, West Ham have two Italians coming in. A midfielder and a striker.

Big Sam doesn't understand that we need some good defenders. Buy a talisman for the back and we can rally around that.
I guess I see the point you're making. If Mourinho couldn't get Mata to defend, I doubt Moyes can. I guess we'll see how good or bad this transfer is soon enough.

We need to start trimming our squad now around the strikers/forwards, it's getting bloated.

Reckon we should maybe let Hernandez go and see if Henriquez or Will Keane can step up.

Need to get rid of at least one winger too, maybe it will be Nani. Powell needs to come back into the fold next year too.

Hmm.

I guess I see the point you're making. If Mourinho couldn't get Mata to defend, I doubt Moyes can. I guess we'll see how good or bad this transfer is soon enough.

The signing of Mata may just get other players head's turning. Rooney may be more content and you might start to attract a higher quality of player without resorting to bargains or disgruntled players. Get a good couple of signings in and your fortunes can change in the transfer market.

Get a mini-revolution going on. Hope it works for Moyes.

Think of it as a statement to other players that we are planning to spend big and to try and regain our position.

Barzul

The signing of Mata may just get other players head's turning. Rooney may be more content and you might start to attract a higher quality of player without resorting to bargains or disgruntled players. Get a good couple of signings in and your fortunes can change in the transfer market.
Yeah I agree, it was like with us and Ozil. Gave everyone a lift.

bud

hernandez is a good player to have on the bench.

horrible footballer. never a starter. but he can score a goal or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom