• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

FoolishGrimFrigatebird.gif

There's the foul/red card for those curious.

You do feel bad for Spurs because that's a tough decision, but Rose took an unnecessary risk and was punished for it.

Explain to me how it was unnecessary? Dzeko was one-on-one with the keeper.

I know its not great when you have to admit that you've taken advantage of terrible decisions, but it's better than this bruv.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You do feel bad for Spurs because that's a tough decision, but Rose took an unnecessary risk and was punished for it.

An unnecessary risk? He made a successful tackle.

The simple truth is that the linesman would rather punish us by ruling a goal out than risk awarding an offside goal against City. Same for the penalty decision.

Edit : Capoue YES

Meier

That's one way of explaining a failing linesman I guess.

I don't really think that's fair to say. When you come in from behind on the last man, you're begging for a red. It's just the nature of the game -- if you do a two footer like Flamini did and get some ball, you're still likely to get a red.

But you don't get punished for "risks", you get punished for "fouls". Which he didn't do.

Edit: Capoue hohoho. Erikson is the set-piece king.

Linius

I don't really think that's fair to say. When you come in from behind on the last man, you're begging for a red. It's just the nature of the game -- if you do a two footer like Flamini did and get some ball, you're still likely to get a red.

You can't compare Flamini's tackle to this. This is a clean tackle perfectly executed. But I'm not gonna get into this because I don't really care who takes home the points in the end :p

Yen

Because he had to know that there was a far, far, far greater chance he'd get booked for a red by fouling the last man than to successfully graze the ball.
He didn't "graze the ball", he made a successful tackle.
Edit : and I'm not arguing over semantics, he made definite contact with the ball

They're not even remotely alike

Flamini was sent off for endangering his opponent, just as Rafael should have been even though it was a clean tackle

Linesman fucked up and has royally fucked Spurs, plain as day

Meier

You can't compare Flamini's tackle to this. This is a clean tackle perfectly executed. But I'm not gonna get into this because I don't really care who takes home the points in the end :p

Yeah, that's easy to say when you see a replay in slow motion. It's not as easy to see in real time. You make that tackle attempt, and you're begging for a penalty/red in this day and age. That's just the way it is.

Fergie

Banned
How do City get away with it? You would think refs would be wary of the previous controversy.

Unlucky Spurs, but at least it benefits United.

Willian is shit.

Yeah, that's easy to say when you see a replay in slow motion. It's not as easy to see in real time. You make that tackle attempt, and you're begging for a penalty/red in this day and age. That's just the way it is.
This argument is complete and utter nonsense.

He made a fair tackle.

It's not his fault. You cannot expect players to play the game allowing for the incompetence of officials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom