• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure. When I was watching in real time, I had no idea how he didn't get the shot off before the foulf rankly. I think he may have slowed down a bit to invite the foul but it was probably just Dzeko being a little plodding. Definitely a ball you take first time.

I think that Rose's team would have been far better off had he not attempted to make the tackle but it's obviously tough for a defender to not go in instinctively. Better to be down 2-0 with 11 on.

And a better outcome than that would be for Rose to attempt the tackle, make it, stop the goal and keep it at 1-0 with 11 men.

The idea he should weigh up the risks is nuts. It's not practical for one which you point out. But players should not be "punished" for attempting difficult things and pulling them off. They should be rewarded for that.

When players start pulling out of tackles because they're worried the ref will fuck it up....well shit, the sports in trouble.

inlwi5v5fxi6X.gif

Clearly not built for the PL.

Meier

It's even better to be 1-1 with 11 men. Which is what it should have been.

If you start counting goals that should have arguably been given, then you have to count the would be converted penalty from a clear as day handball that you should have had called on you. 2-1 then in your re-refereed world.

Jarnet87

Good thing Moyes (reportedly) turned down Thiago. Who needs a midfield talent like that. Getting into the box? That gets you a spot right on the bench sir, you are not allowed to cross the center circle.

King_Moc

Banned
Not sure. When I was watching in real time, I had no idea how he didn't get the shot off before the foul frankly. I think he may have slowed down a bit to invite the foul but it was probably just Dzeko being a little plodding. Definitely a ball you take first time.

I think that Rose's team would have been far better off had he not attempted to make the tackle but it's obviously tough for a defender to not go in instinctively. Better to be down 2-0 with 11 on.

He got the ball. It's really that simple.

pulga

Banned
Good thing Moyes (reportedly) turned down Thiago. Who needs a midfield talent like that. Getting into the box? That gets you a spot right on the bench sir, you are not allowed to cross the center circle.

Turns down Ozil, Thiago, etc. Bloody visionary aint he

Meier

He got the ball. It's really that simple.

He got the ball, but he invited a foul being called. Just like the other day in the Villa/Pool game. Suarez dove but Guzan put himself in a position where Suarez could take advantage of that and he drew the penalty decision. Sometimes the defender or goalkeeper has to weigh these outcomes.

STEVAN!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Oh look the glass man scored on a deflection. Wonderful.

City have made a pact with Satan.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
ORRRRR

this is just a thought

but maybe

just possibly

they are the far superior team than you lot

Of course they're better than us. But no team could beat them with bad luck like we've had.

Meier

He got the ball, but he invited a foul being called. Just like the other day in the Villa/Pool game. Suarez dove but Guzan put himself in a position where Suarez could take advantage of that and he drew the penalty decision. Sometimes the defender or goalkeeper has to weigh these outcomes.

Quoting this so it doesn't go ignored. Lol at Dzeko -- nice slice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom