• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think now ive heard every pathetic excuse in the book

th- the wind is too strong lol

kidA you're
not
better than this

Why are you even replying to that post? You didn't even watch that youth game. Besides, I don't give a shit about that team. I only care about watching two of the players on that team.

At youth level there is no point in caring about how good the team is. Most youth players won't make the squad so it's more important to look for individual standouts.

Wes

venison crêpe
When Swansea are attacking, which has been rarely this half, West Ham retreat in to a 6-3-1. It's rather interesting.

Exactly. I assume Webb gets to choose who goes with him and not the FA, although I'm not sure if he/they has already done this or not.

She's officiated Women's World Cup Qualifiers and Matches but never any Men's so I doubt she's going to Brazil.

Hope so, she's one of the best assistants imo. Never seen her make a wrong call and she often gets tight decisions correct.

Yep. Only reason she isn't going is thay that the FA think people will accuse them of sending here to the WC because she's a woman and trying to appear non-sexist. When the fact of the matter is, she's easily* the best linesman in England at the moment.

Then again, the fact that we're sending Webb at all makes it clear that the FA are making these decisions based on common thought and assumption rather than actual merit.

*Probably, you only notice the mistakes except for with Sian, where every decision is focussed on. Either way she's been faultless, so she's either as good as or better than the others

GorillaJu

Carroll -> Nolan again. Carroll only plays football when Nolan is on the pitch. They were magic together at Newcastle and whenever they're both on the field for West Ham the link ups are insane.

Blablurn

BfUE5tuCcAA6fCx.jpg:large

Welcome to Manchester Kroos

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Altidore is bossing Taylor and Williamson, if you can't handle a piece of furniture like him then you are in trouble.

Yep. Only reason she isn't going is thay that the FA think people will accuse them of sending here to the WC because she's a woman and trying to appear non-sexist. When the fact of the matter is, she's easily* the best linesman in England at the moment.

Then again, the fact that we're sending Webb at all makes it clear that the FA are making these decisions based on common thought and assumption rather than actual merit.

*Probably, you only notice the mistakes except for with Sian, where every decision is focussed on. Either way she's been faultless, so she's either as good as or better than the others
Agreed.
Carroll -> Nolan again. Carroll only plays football when Nolan is on the pitch. They were magic together at Newcastle and whenever they're both on the field for West Ham the link ups are insane.

Supposedly they're really good friends off the pitch, even lived together when Carroll moved to London.

Hixx

Is Jozy Altidore the best American striker ever

Probably not

But only because I can't think of any others so I don't want to say something I might regret

Is Jozy Altidore the best player on this pitch?

Yes.

Nolan, you fucking beauty.

We're twice the team with Carroll on the pitch. COYI!!!

Is Carroll looking reasonably fit? Love watching him in full flow, gives defenders the shits even if he doesn't have the technical ability to match the physicality

(He's well capable of sporadic moments of technical loveliness though)

Wes

venison crêpe
All the teams that were lacking points in the first half the season are now winning for fun. All the teams that were picking up points in the first half are now struggling. No wonder things are so compact at the bottom.

pulga

Banned
Why are you even replying to that post? You didn't even watch that youth game. Besides, I don't give a shit about that team. I only care about watching two of the players on that team.

At youth level there is no point in caring about how good the team is. Most youth players won't make the squad so it's more important to look for individual standouts.

do i need to watch it to comment on how hilarious it is you're bringing up the wind as a factor when best Manchester had to play in the same exact conditions? loosen up

#FreeRavel

do i need to watch it to comment on how hilarious it is you're bringing up the wind as a factor when best Manchester had to play in the same exact conditions? loosen up

Yes, because watching that game was hilarious due to the wind.

Jesus, do you live for this back and forth shit slinging?

I didn't watch it either but watching youth football over the years it does matter somewhat because the bigger player already have such a huge advantage that when the conditions are bad they just take over completely.

Don't actually know if that was what happened here as our academy team is quite average this year, but you'd be surprised that it does have an effect.

Hixx

"13:38 - Kyoufu: i hope borini gets hit by a bus
13:38 - Hixx: kyoufu pls
13:38 - Kyoufu: his nazi celebration
13:38 - Kyoufu: salt on wound"

i cant

All the teams that were lacking points in the first half the season are now winning for fun. All the teams that were picking up points in the first half are now struggling. No wonder things are so compact at the bottom.

Pulis and Poyet have been the best managers of the season imo, along with Wenger. Dragging their clubs around

Wilbur

Banned
Is Carroll looking reasonably fit? Love watching him in full flow, gives defenders the shits even if he doesn't have the technical ability to match the physicality

(He's well capable of sporadic moments of technical loveliness though)

That double banger against City was incredible. Absolute piledriver followed by a header like he's been flung from a tornado.

Dat Tomkins tackle. Meier probably thinks it was a red and penalty :p

Bony could do with learning how to use his body to shield the ball ala Suarez when he can't outpace the defender. Same goes for Altidore.

pulga

Banned
I didn't watch it either but watching youth football over the years it does matter somewhat because the bigger player already have such a huge advantage that when the conditions are bad they just take over completely.

Don't actually know if that was what happened here as our academy team is quite average this year, but you'd be surprised that it does have an effect.

are your malnourished kids being blown away by strong gusts of winds or something

i mean i do think wind can be a factor, but hardly a legit one to use as an excuse since both teams are playing under the same conditions

pls now ive wasted three posts speaking about wind

lets never bring this up again

how much time left until clank time?

Wilbur

Banned
are your malnourished kids being blown away by strong gusts of winds or something

i mean i do think wind can be a factor, but hardly a legit one to use as an excuse since both teams are playing under the same conditions

Hold on, when did KidA use it as an excuse? He just mentioned it was hard to get anything going, didn't specify it had an adverse effect just on United.

Both teams playing in the same condition doesn't really matter. If it affects both teams' passing game, the result is pointless.

It's like saying Juve had no right to complain about the mud. Both teams played in the same conditions, but it obviously affected the match.

No point in arguing. United's u18 team is garbage save for 2-3 players.

edit: To clarify, City were the better team. I just found the match crap due to the wind.

K1LLER7

Clank + Mata in 1 hour.

That double banger against City was incredible. Absolute pike driver followed by a header like he's been flung from a tornado.

Yeah. I really thought we had something special after that game, his performances in the first 6 or so weeks weren't bad, but he didn't have the goals to make us confient of the transfer. Then City rolled up to Anfield, and we, and Carroll especially, played with a ridiculous intensity, that seemed to suit everybody on the pitch.

Then the injuries started, and it became achingly apparent that he struggles badly to get back to full fitness after a setback, and its counterproductive to have him on the pitch when his confidence is down or he isn't fit. Still got the odd great performance out of him, normally when he strung 3 or 4 games together, but it was for the best of both of us that we let him go.

Ah well. In hindsight, we obviously overpaid terribly and got bent over a barrel in the face of it being the last day of the window and Newcastle knowing we had £50m in our pockets. At the time, he was fucking brilliant though. Not the kind of player we wanted after being blessed with the grace of Torres, but a powerhouse who could singlehandedly fuck up entire backlines with his mere presence.

fake edit: Carroll beasting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom