• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Just like you did the last two games?

dolan-meme-generator-linius-pls-fe379d.jpg

Have you seen the game? You really can't compare it to our results. Of course we were lucky with a last minute escape. But no one would argue that we didn't deserve it, our opponents had their backs against the wall for 90 minutes and almost got away with it because we have Kolbein. Vitesse played like shit tonight, Zwolle could have been up by three goals in the second half if they finished their chances :/

Barzul

China's richest man is ready to add to the boardroom intrigue at Southampton with a takeover bid.

The move could see Nicola Cortese returning to his role as the club’s executive chairman.

Manager Mauricio Pochettino was demanding talks with ­Southampton owner Katharina Liebherr last night – as the dust settles on Cortese’s departure on Wednesday night.

But Pochettino is believed to be aware of interest from Chinese billionaire Wang Jianlin, boss of the Dalian Wanda group, who could make the Saints the richest club in the Premier League.

Wang’s property development company is worth £19billion and his own personal fortune around half that figure. Now, Wang, 59, wants to break into English ­football to add to the company’s incredible portfolio and is believed to be lining up a £175million bid for Saints that current owner and chairwoman Liebherr is ready to accept.

Negotiations are thought to have already begun and, if the deal goes ahead, it could make Saints arguably the richest club in England – and almost certainly herald the return of Cortese,

-------------

From the Mirror.

I am 99.9% sure this rumour is from a Saints forum which they pretty much completely made up.

Journalism.

A new Man City is born.

Carbonox

:lol when Gerrard lost the ball when two Villa players closed him down and his running after the ball. You couldn't run slower if you tried.

jhDwgVpxGwnVM.jpg

"I've had a lot of chats with his father. He's a kind person. Very demanding, but that's what young players need if they want to reach the top. He watched every single training session and game. Even when Adnan played well, he always had some things to tell his son to help him to improve. He was not the kind of father saying after each game that his son was the best and he played a great game. He was always demanding improvement. And this is something that made Adnan mentally strong."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/18/adnan-januzaj-manchester-united-rising-star?CMP=twt_gu

Wes

venison crêpe
YES MOYES

In desperate need of a midfielder and your top target is a striker?

We have a similar issue at Villa. Except you have £150m and are chasing Cavani and we have no money and just got Grant Holt on loan.

Shearer seems to think you give the benefit of the doubt to Suarez.

Player. Manager. Pundit. And he doesn't even know the fucking rules.

Carbonox

We're probably going to sign Cabaye in the summer.

Where's he gonna fit in though? You got Flamini, Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere and Ozil as your primary midfielders and Cabaye is too good for the bench. He also plays at his very best when in a free role behind the striker - a position Wenger would not put anyone but Ozil in.

He'll go PSG - no one else will stand a chance to sign him.

Does it only apply to biopics? Can films that are made up stories do manipulative stuff? Please teach me your ways.

But Jagten is no biopic. Have you seen it?

I actually watched the first 15 mins on a flight to Canada but stopped it cus it was a bit heavy for my mood at the time. I aim to watch it properly soon.

Barzul

Where's he gonna fit in though? You got Flamini, Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere and Ozil as your primary midfielders and Cabaye is too good for the bench. He also plays at his very best when in a free role behind the striker - a position Wenger would not put anyone but Ozil in.

He'll go PSG - no one else will stand a chance to sign him.

I really don't know where he fits in. It just seems like such a Wenger move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom