• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Bizarrely, Cissokho seemed more in control of his legs against Fulham than he normally does. Probably because he never had any space to build up enough speed to lose control. If he can play like that consistently, I'd be happy for him to be backup LB, sell Enrique and sign a real quality, reliable LB

Enrique is better than Cissokho, but neither are good enough to be first choice imo, and I think Cissokho is on very low wages

I think is shows a lot for our resolve when you consider we're unbeaten in 2014 whilst only having one first choice defender fit, and half of our already limited midfield out injured. You can pick out individual errors, but all of our players deserve immense credit.

Hopefully we can kick on from here.

Looks like Remy will face no further action on those rape claims.

United making their mark in Dubai already.

1384ab7a951311e3a9ca12870767f5f0_8.jpg

d260b8fc951011e39c1112d165668c06_8.jpg

Facism

No I am rating it above bayo because it plays better , has better visuals, better music, better characters and more interesting environments and is made by a better studio in my opinion. After one bayo play through I was done, never to return.

This is why women laugh at you :(

All they need to do is drop the price of the xbone by dropping shit like Kinect and it will sell pretty damn well again all of a sudden, purely because of brand name.

Jack cw

tumblr_ma8rngS0171ql5yr7o1_400.gif

We have people at GAF with a thousand games on Steam. Bla is mid-tier level.
Na, the only mid-tier level thing is Mesut Özil.
Wenger on his team
santi-cazorla-arsenal-bayern-sad-1.jpg

PS4 maybe, Xbox One is already looking grim. 3DS and Vita are dead. Obviously people still buy games, but I'm not sure if they're willing to buy a console to play those games.
The xbone has pretty much the same precantage in drop as WiiU last year. -84%
I guess that is not good.

Gambit

PS4 maybe, Xbox One is already looking grim. 3DS and Vita are dead. Obviously people still buy games, but I'm not sure if they're willing to buy a console to play those games.

Don't quite think 3DS is dead. The release list looks barren now, because of Nintendo's idiotic policy of not announcing games far enough in advance. But I agree PS4 is the only "maybe" atm.

All they need to do is drop the price of the xbone by dropping shit like Kinect and it will sell pretty damn well again all of a sudden, purely because of brand name.

You know, I'm not sure the Xbox ever had a good brand name. Of course I am speaking as a German, but I think the 360 was mostly successful because it ran all the third party games better and because of PS3s failure. But that's just my impression, maybe in the Uk it's different, and even moreso in the US.

You know, I'm not sure the Xbox ever had a good brand name. Of course I am speaking as a German, but I think the 360 was mostly successful because it ran all the third party games better and because of PS3s failure. But that's just my impression, maybe in the Uk it's different, and even moreso in the US.

Yeah many places in Europe (including Denmark certainly) it isn't really that great, but the US man...

It's an American system after all.

USA USA USA

LTWheels

The Xb1 won't be as successful as the 360, but I still think they will be able to carve out their own audience. Unlike Nintendo they can afford to and are willing to fund games made by third parties. I prefer underdog MS anyway as they are willing to take more risks and fund interesting games, such as with the original xbox.

The original Xbox had a great library of interesting and different games that MS funded.

danwarb

The Xbox should keep Kinect if they get it working properly, as well as better HDMI pass through. Those are decent enough gimmicks, on top of the games, to push the platform. Got to cut a huge chunk off the price though.

And open it up more for windows apps. Thus far there's nothing.

subtles

Only games I've played on the Xbox systems were Mistwalker titles and Alan wake. I've never even owned a system.

I'm not a fan boy by any stretch but the system, at least imo, is incredibly unappealing.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham to sign 41-year-old:

Tottenham have held off interest from Manchester City and are poised to land teenaged talent Musa Yahaya - dubbed the 'next Andres Iniesta'.

The midfielder has been linked with City recently but is due in London on Saturday to undergo medical test at Spurs Lodge and formalise a move.

Yahaya, likened to Barcelona midfielder Iniesta, was part of Nigeria's Under 17 World Cup-winning team.

The 16-year-old will be accompanied by his father, one of his agents Mohammed Babawo and Auwal Yusuf who is part of the Mutunchy Academy.

Yahaya was also reportedly in talks with Barcelona, but looks destined to make the move to England rather than Spain.

Feorax

I'm really not sure now as to what we'll do at the weekend.

If Arsenal were going full strength then I would be all for us resting some players after 2 fairly intense games.

If Wenger is going to field a weakened side, however, with one eye on the Bayern game, then we might as well just switch Kolo for Agger and blitzkrieg like we did last time. We can make subs at 45/60 mins to preserve players regardless of whether we are winning.

sohois

I'm really not sure now as to what we'll do at the weekend.

If Arsenal were going full strength then I would be all for us resting some players after 2 fairly intense games.

If Wenger is going to field a weakened side, however, with one eye on the Bayern game, then we might as well just switch Kolo for Agger and blitzkrieg like we did last time. We can make subs at 45/60 mins tonpreserve players regardless of whether we are winning.

Seen some reports that Arsenal are going to rotate and play the likes of Gnabry and Rosicky, so looks like a weakened side.

Feorax

Seen some reports that Arsenal are going to rotate and play the likes of Gnabry and Rosicky, so looks like a weakened side.

Yeah, with Fabianski, Jenkinson and Bentner in contention too.

Might as well go for it. Won't be anywhere near as easy the 20 mins at Anfield, but I fancy our chances.

GQman2121

Banned
The Xb1 won't be as successful as the 360, but I still think they will be able to carve out their own audience. Unlike Nintendo they can afford to and are willing to fund games made by third parties. I prefer underdog MS anyway as they are willing to take more risks and fund interesting games, such as with the original xbox.

The original Xbox had a great library of interesting and different games that MS funded.

I honestly believe the twelve month head start and the appeal of HD visuals put the 360 in the position that it ended up enjoying. I didn't know anyone with an Xbox during the seventh generation, but numerous people picked up the 360 because that King Kong fur just looked amazing in 2005!

Hixx

"@henrywinter 5m
Premier League planning B team division (outside pyramid; U-23 + four over-age) involving clubs with Category 1 Academies: 16 PL and 6 FL"

Isn't this basically what the U21 league already is? Just now the limit is 23?

"@henrywinter 5m
Premier League planning B team division (outside pyramid; U-23 + four over-age) involving clubs with Category 1 Academies: 16 PL and 6 FL"

Yeah. The problem with the u21 league aside from a lack of competitiveness, is the amount of games. There's a ridiculously low amount of games at that level.

sohois

"@henrywinter 5m

just seems like a branding exercise, make it seem like they're taking steps to improve things

Wilbur

Banned
"@henrywinter 5m

There's not many games in the U21 league though is there? If I remember correctly

Wilbur

Banned
Dunno what it is about HoC; I liked the four episodes of season one I saw but I can't bring myself to carry on watching. Not sure why.

Worth noting that last week, Warren Joyce (United u21 head coach) publicly expressed how shit the u21 level is on MUTV. Sounded like he was fed up at that league's incompetence.

Now this news pops up.

Gambit

First ep of HOC is a cracker

looking forward to it. The German Sky actually has a deal with Netflix and is also making all episodes available online right away. So it'll even be legal viewing.

Who knows, maybe the show will one day reach Ian Richardson's better original.

Dunno what it is about HoC; I liked the four episodes of season one I saw but I can't bring myself to carry on watching. Not sure why.

It's too slow. Within four episodes Francis Uhrqhart was Prime Minister.

Wilbur

Banned
Worth noting that last week, Warren Joyce (United u21 head coach) publicly expressed how shit the u21 level is on MUTV. Sounded like he was fed up at that league's incompetence.

Now this news pops up.

United pulling strings again #corruption #heartbreakingmate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom