• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
If Spurs are going to finish 4th I still think it will be at Liverpool's expense. They look unconvincing away from home and that's where points get dropped during the run-in.
Every chance United at OT take points of Liverpool, Southampton at St Marys is going to be a hard game for them too.

Blablurn

Lahm will play on the 6. The funny thing is, that if you watch the statistics, the only games were we lost or played raw were when Schweinsteiger was on the six or Lahm was very defensive. The higher Lahm plays, the harder it gets to score against Bayern.

Crazy isn't it? Reminds me of a quote I heard some time ago. A good coach (like Pep) even finds new potential in someone who reached his peak already (like Lahm). And he really did. Unbelievable what he did with Lahm.

This thread was a little bizarre last night :p

Fuck today. Nobody wants to play football, I'm single, got work tonight and have to walk there through a combination of drunk knobends and couples that make me well jel.

Still, 4 points off top :(

dc89

1 - I missed the Nintendo Direct last night as I was out at with my dad and tc! My dad took us to see The Straits (dunno if they're a tribute band in the truest sense of the word as two of the original members of Dire Straits play with them) and it was pretty damn good. Great musicians.

So I might watch that now on YouTube

2 - I'm surprising the gf with flowers to her work today! Never done this before, I'd love to see her face but I'll just have to wait for a WhatsApp reaction from her :lol

On both counts.

02z0pUR.jpg

Jack cw

Crazy isn't it? Reminds me of a quote I heard some time ago. A good coach (like Pep) even finds new potential in someone who reached his peak already (like Lahm). And he really did. Unbelievable what he did with Lahm.
Haha, yeah. Lahms huge advantage is that he is incredibly strong in passing and working against CAMs and we are lucky that Rafinha replaces him basically 1:1. Schweini and Martinez back is great as Pep could easily react. Only thing is Ribery but Götze replaces him pretty good.

Blablurn

Haha, yeah. Lahms huge advantage is that he is incredibly strong in passing and working against CAMs and we are lucky that Rafinha replaces him basically 1:1. Schweini and Martinez back is great as Pep could easily react. Only thing is Ribery but Götze replaces him pretty good.

True! I wonder on which position he will end up in the end. But just look at wednesdays game. His dribblings on the wing including the pass into the center was pretty ribery-esque. really impressive stuff. And I think he might be even a better dribbler than Ribs.

Jack cw

True! I wonder on which position he will end up in the end. But just look at wednesdays game. His dribblings on the wing including the pass into the center was pretty ribery-esque. really impressive stuff. And I think he might be even a better dribbler than Ribs.

I am just glad that we have a competent successor to Ribery with Götze and I bet that when Robben retires, Bayern will go for Hazard, but that we will see. I thin that Pep will bring the starting line up against Arsenal already against Freiburg tomorrow as a test. I fear for Arsenal as Bayern appears to have real fun in playing football right now.

Jack cw

2,w=658,c=0.bild.jpg

Poor Gündogan... His back makes problems again. He suffers from (periodic) inflammations of his nerves in the spine and nobody really knows were those are coming from. He says that its not career ending but if the medical staff cant find the source for his complaints, this might be the end for the boy.

I'd actually recommend you try Xenoblade and Xenogears in anticipation. Brilliant games. Xenosaga is a hit and miss with many.

Can you play Xenoblade without motion controls? If so, may borrow a friend's Wii and buy the game second hand. Only Wii game I really feel I missed out on. Think I'm probably too late to enjoy the Metroid Prime series without it feeling archaic. Always wanted to play a mainline Zelda game as well.

Jack cw

Addition to Gündogan:
According to some Spanish media Real is going for Vidal instead of Gündogan as his injury is a risk for Madrid.
tumblr_mwz5i4P8dI1qbqh9ro1_500.jpg

subtles

Can you play Xenoblade without motion controls? If so, may borrow a friend's Wii and buy the game second hand. Only Wii game I really feel I missed out on. Think I'm probably too late to enjoy the Metroid Prime series without it feeling archaic. Always wanted to play a mainline Zelda game as well.
Yeah, no motion controls at all. You definitely should get on it, though do note Skyward Sword requires motion+.

FootballFan

OMG YOU'RE MY FAVORITE <3

I read like almost every footygaf post and feel like all you cunts are my lifelong bros, but I barely post because I almost never have anything interesting to add to the conversation, so it surprises me every time that even with so few posts some people actually remember/recognize me here.

/feels

Of course we recognise you, post more often, just less CR7 fanboying pls. :p

Some dumb cunt will mention Saints Row The Third for best soundtrack soon, I can feel it.

Have Liverpool played against Bayern since the Supercup in 2001?

Feorax

Every chance United at OT take points of Liverpool, Southampton at St Marys is going to be a hard game for them too.

Southampton is one of the toughest games we have left, but I have no fear of United at OT. They leave twice the space you guys did last weekend, and seem really poor at pressing in the middle of the park. They might get a goal from some individual brilliance, but there's no way we don't score at least 2 or 3.

I'm much more confident now we have Agger back. As shite as Cissokho is going forward, he's pretty solid defensively, so we don't really have any obvious weak links in that department.

I've listened to that. Not impressed (though it's not bad). Maybe it's more impressive if you play the mediocre game while listening to it? Or maybe that's something you have to do in general to really appreciate many RPG soundtracks.

Yes, I know GAF seems to love Nier's soundtrack, but then again GAF loves many things that are not necessarily great.

I don't think it's really fair to judge any game soundtrack outside of its intended context. Nier, probably even more so. But it's hard for me to say, I haven't listened to the soundtrack before playing it. Nier is worth a playthrough though, it's one of those more than the sum of its parts experiences.

Southampton is one of the toughest games we have left, but I have no fear of United at OT. They leave twice the space you guys did last weekend, and seem really poor at pressing in the middle of the park. They might get a goal from some individual brilliance, but there's no way we don't score at least 2 or 3.

I'm much more confident now we have Agger back. As shite as Cissokho is going forward, he's pretty solid defensively, so we don't really have any obvious weak links in that department.

Bizarrely, Cissokho seemed more in control of his legs against Fulham than he normally does. Probably because he never had any space to build up enough speed to lose control. If he can play like that consistently, I'd be happy for him to be backup LB, sell Enrique and sign a real quality, reliable LB

Enrique is better than Cissokho, but neither are good enough to be first choice imo, and I think Cissokho is on very low wages

Gambit

If you haven't played Xenoblade you missed out on maybe the best RPG of last gen and definitely the best soundtrack of last gen.

so true.

It was possibly my favourite RPG since Chrono Trigger.

Next Tuesday I am flying to Rome. When is the Bayern-Arsenal game? Tuesday or Wednesday? Gotta find a bar to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom