• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's no coincidence to you that our struggles to compete came when we moved stadiums and had to funnel our money into that? Mou goes to clubs with infinite pockets and can buy who they like.

Mou talks about years and years kindly forgetting that last season was the first time in 8 years we didn't have to sell our best players at the end of it, strangely we are doing better this season as a direct result of that. This past 8 years is frustrating but given the circumstances I wouldn't change it.

He's not spot on. He's being selective.

It is a very nice excuse to have about the stadium, easy to blame the teams mental failures of the past 9 seasons on a stadium.

At the end of the day I am an Arsenal fan, no player or manager is bigger than the club. When Wenger is long retired I will still be a fan. Some people seem to think that we were some small club before Wenger.

I hope Wenger delivers something to us this year, but I am tired of the arguments. If you genuinely believed that no other manager could have done a better job over the past 9 years then good on you.

Anyone else in the Titanfall beta on PC?

Applied, no answer yet though. I absolutely need to play it before I buy, no chance I'm buying it on a whim

Looks like we're not resting anyone for Sunday. I imagine the only change will be Agger in for Kolo then.

Good. We have a real chance to win this competition, especially if Arsenal rest players

Gerrard's crossing>every Sagnol attribute put together

Mourinho's a knob but I'd like to see the comments that provoked this outburst. I'm somewhat pissed off that City may have handed them the title, but then again its left us 2 results away from top spot. The only people worse than Mourinho are the people who are entertained by his particular brand of twattishnes

It's no coincidence to you that our struggles to compete came when we moved stadiums and had to funnel our money into that? Mou goes to clubs with infinite pockets and can buy who they like.

And yet you still found the money to spend £15m on Ox, £18m on Cazorla, £13m on Giroud, £42m on Ozil, Walcott was about £10m/£11m?

Your struggles have mainly come down to the fact that Wenger can't operate the transfer market. He talks about a lack of value yet we bought Cahill and Ba for £7m each at times when Wenger needed a reliable centre back and also a striker. And then he tried to loan Ba from us in August. Look at the sort of players Newcastle have bought: Cabaye was £4m~, Sissoko £2m?

Look at the money you spent on Cazorla, but refused to pay a similar amount for Mata when he had a release clause, a player who I think is much better than Cazorla (and younger?)

Theres plenty of value in the transfer market to not need to spend excessively like City/Chelsea have done and be a top side, Arsenal have still been getting Champions League regularly despite the "struggles". United haven't bought a central midfielder in donkeys years and still walked to the title last season because they had an exceptional striker and an exceptional manager - a striker that used to play for Arsenal and Wenger is supposed to be of similar talent to Fergie.

Lets also not forget that Arsenal have had players Cesc, Nasri, Song, RVP in the same side and didn't win anything. Arsenal also paid players like Santos high wages when they had little talent compared to what the club needed and also operate with a small squad.

Lightning

Banned
It is a very nice excuse to have about the stadium, easy to blame the teams mental failures of the past 9 seasons on a stadium.

At the end of the day I am an Arsenal fan, no player or manager is bigger than the club. When Wenger is long retired I will still be a fan. Some people seem to think that we were some small club before Wenger.

I hope Wenger delivers something to us this year, but I am tired of the arguments. If you genuinely believed that no other manager could have done a better job over the past 9 years then good on you.
I never said no other manager could have done a better job, that's all hypothetical, but what I said was there is not much wrong with what Wenger has done and given the inadequate resources and forced player sales it's not fair to lay all the blame at his doorstep.

We'll see in the FA cup this season. We get past Liverpool we have a good chance.

Wilbur

Banned
I just watched season one episode one of house of cards, realised I was bored by it and the script was so on the nose so I skipped to season two episode one because I knew everything that happened in season one anyway and I was still pretty bored and then laughed at one last so I skipped to episode thirteen and that was pretty boring too

Is it just me

I'm misremembering this show

Great performances and great cinematography but it's just all a bit boring and not especially well written

bud

wenger could've and should've won the league several times. it was not a matter of not having enough money either. i still remember that '07 (i may be wrong about the year) side that suddenly collaped (remember that fucking idiot gallas sitting on the pitch?). embarrassing. they were so fucking beautiful that season. unbeaten until middlesbrough or something.

Wilbur

Banned
Eh, I could definitely see it if you're simply not interested in (the corruption of) American politics.

I am when I read about it in the news, but it's just kind of a dry show. Every character just tells you what they're thinking at all times, apart from Spacey who then proceeds to tell you exactly what he's thinking breaking the fourth wall using metaphors heavily. It's good enough, two lead performances and that bald bloke were good

wenger could and should've won the league several times. it was not a matter of not having enough money either. i still remember that '07 (i may be wrong about the year) side that suddenly collaped (remember that fucking idiot gallas sitting on the pitch?). embarrassing. they were so fucking beautiful that season. unbeaten until middlesbrough or something.

Brimingham

Or are you thinking of something else

Yen

hoc s02e01 spoilers:
i genuinely let out an OHHOOOHHHOHOHOHHH NO HE DIDN'T when he pushed her in front of the metro.

In the original BBC series SPOILERS:
the journo death was a lot more comical. FU lifts her up and throws her off the Houses of Parliament while she screams "Daaaaaaddy!"

bud

Brimingham

Or are you thinking of something else

you're right, that was when gallas had a mental breakdown. but middlesbrough away was the first loss of the season after, like, 17 games or so.

In the original BBC series SPOILERS:
the journo death was a lot more comical. FU lifts her up and throws her off the Houses of Parliament while she screams "Daaaaaaddy!"

i thought about watching it when season one had ended, but eh. didn't feel like it.

I never said no other manager could have done a better job, that's all hypothetical, but what I said was there is not much wrong with what Wenger has done and given the inadequate resources and forced player sales it's not fair to lay all the blame at his doorstep.

We'll see in the FA cup this season. We get past Liverpool we have a good chance.

We couldn't even beat Blackburn and Bradford in cups last season. Who knows who will beat us this year.

Yes there have been restrictions on us and sometimes other teams are just better than you. But we have been our own worse nightmare. the problem is Wenger. Wenger is scared to succeed. He is not willing to take the risk. Have balls, don't be a slave to your own idealistic views. No one gives a fuck.

Wilbur

Banned

Draconian

Haha, why's Mourinho talking about Wenger right now? I had to look at the fixture list and yeah, we don't play them until the end of March. Maybe he's just trying to do Rodgers a favor before their match this weekend.

Barzul

We really should have won the league 07/08 that team was perfect. Pains me thinking how we collapsed so easy after Eduardo's leg break. Need to fight for trophy this season. Hope our players are up for it.

wenger could've and should've won the league several times. it was not a matter of not having enough money either. i still remember that '07 (i may be wrong about the year) side that suddenly collaped (remember that fucking idiot gallas sitting on the pitch?). embarrassing. they were so fucking beautiful that season. unbeaten until middlesbrough or something.

Exactly, this team is too fragile. Great managers put the fear into players. Fergie, Capello, Mou, Trap, Conte, Pep. Their players know second isn't good enough. Even when they are not playing their best they still get results.

We really should have won the league 07/08 that team was perfect. Pains me thinking how we collapsed so easy after Eduardo's leg break. Need to fight for trophy this season. Hope our players are up for it.

we should have won the carling cup against Birmingham but stupid errors got in our way. This team is and has been good enough to win shit. We have been the best team in the country points wise the last 12 month, but now that we are in the thick of it the nerves and the lack of fear in the players is starting to tell again.

Linius

1Fa6Xo6.jpg

I think this is one of the best eighties movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom