• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
We couldn't even beat Blackburn and Bradford in cups last season. Who knows who will beat us this year.

Yes there have been restrictions on us and sometimes other teams are just better than you. But we have been our own worse nightmare. the problem is Wenger. Wenger is scared to succeed. He is not willing to take the risk. Have balls, don't be a slave to your own idealistic views. No one gives a fuck.
We need to be more careful than that. We dont have infinite pockets, we can't afford to take massive losses on players. Every Arsenal fan would like us to buy more but it must be done intelligently.

Our latest buys have been very good (Podolski, Giroud, Cazorla, Özil, Monreal, Flamini) these are good buys. More is required but we're heading in the right direction.

And I know wenger has made mistakes in the transfer market. Every manager has, paid stupid wages to crap players, every manager has done that too. Wenger put us in this position, this current contract he signs will likely be his last, he deserves the right to see what he can do with it.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
hoc s02e01 spoilers:
i genuinely let out an OHHOOOHHHOHOHOHHH NO HE DIDN'T when he pushed her in front of the metro.

I thought it was a dream, or even Franks inner thoughts

Decided im going to marathon this today, its too good to stop watching, on episode 3 now

Rachel is my favourite :3

Fergie

Banned
Hahaha.

Someone get Tancredi off his drugs.

@tancredipalmeri: Wenger met Van Persie agent on 28 january.Both Wenger and Van Persie wants to join back.Mufc open to that. Details: https://t.co/Ur90ibdqB6

62zezMe.gif

Linius

I'm four episodes in now with HoC but I'm leaving home in a bit. Gonna go eat at the Hard Rock Cafe and to American Hustle after.

We need to be more careful than that. We dont have infinite pockets, we can't afford to take massive losses on players. Every Arsenal fan would like us to buy more but it must be done intelligently.

Our latest buys have been very good (Podolski, Giroud, Cazorla, Özil, Monreal, Flamini) these are good buys. More is required but we're heading in the right direction.

And I know wenger has made mistakes in the transfer market. Every manager has, paid stupid wages to crap players, every manager has done that too. Wenger put us in this position, this current contract he signs will likely be his last, he deserves the right to see what he can do with it.

I dont want us spending money just so that we can say that we have.
I feel Ozil was bought for that reason
. I mean in terms of formations. We have been stuck playing the same formation for years now and it has produced nothing. Change it up and try something new. Try an old school 4-4-2 a 3-5-2. I would like some type of tactical flexibility. Fergie would stick 5 in his midfield at OT against us because he knew it would beat us.We are so predictable and the last three years have been some of the worst performances I have ever seen from us

Linius

Enjoy it, buddy!

I'm seeing Lego Movie tomorrow and Her on Sunday.

I will, thanks. Have to wait two more weeks for Her to enter cinemas over here. But next week I'll go to 12 Years a Slave at last. And I hope to catch The Lego Movie but planning isn't really working out so far. Getting four people together with different jobs and schools is pretty damn hard :p

Meier

Tottenham to sign 41-year-old:

I watched about 4 minutes of a highlight video of him from the U-17 World Cup (it was 10 mins or so in total) a month or two back when it looked like we were going to sign him and I was flat out blown away. The kid is incredible.

I don't think RVP back to Arsenal is a particularly unlikely notion. He's not looked happy most of the season. Probably thinks Moyes is an under-qualified blowhard. And he'd be right.

Don't know how they'll afford his wages though.

If it happened though, it would be a massive blow for Moyes's reputation. Club's best player doesn't think he's good enough to manage at the top level and leaves the club. Sets a pretty big precedent.

Wilbur

Banned
He wouldn't be going back to Arsenal surely after saying he disagrees with the way they were going forward and stuff. He'd have to take a massive blow to his pride.

I don't think RVP back to Arsenal is a particularly unlikely notion. He's not looked happy most of the season. Probably thinks Moyes is an under-qualified blowhard. And he'd be right.

Don't know how they'll afford his wages though.

If he resigned I would not watch Arsenal again until he left. Would be the true sign that we are a dirty club with no self respect.

I wonder if Adnan is going to Nandos today.

Anyone done/got any plans for V day? I met a girl I like for coffee earlier and it went pretty well. Will probably give her a call on Sunday.

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbz what do you have against HoC? Pls

Just got into the Titanfall Beta thanks to a Junior. Love it.

Its writing isn't that good. Not just dialogue, but the way things have kinda played out in the episodes I've seen.

Eh, it's good. I'll never watch all of it though.

Send her a picture of your balls

If my balls were as succulent as yours than I would baby but they pale in comparison

I'm actually really bad with drunken calls/texts and I'm going out tonight so I've already taken the precaution of writing her number down and deleting it from my phone.

The last girl I was seeing I called her after a night out and left her a voice mail telling her that I thought she was really ugly but she had an okay personality which was the reason I was seeing her :lol

She didn't want to see me any more after that surprisingly

Linius

I finally realised where I know Underwoods media guy from. It's Greg from Mad Men. So annoying to know some actor but not to know from what show :p

Wilbur

Banned
If my balls were as succulent as yours than I would baby but they pale in comparison

I'm actually really bad with drunken calls/texts and I'm going out tonight so I've already taken the precaution of writing her number down and deleting it from my phone.

The last girl I was seeing I called her after a night out and left her a voice mail telling her that I thought she was really ugly but she had an okay personality which was the reason I was seeing her :lol

She didn't want to see me any more after that surprisingly

Looooooooooooooool that's cold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom