• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Just read Carlos Vela's open letter explaining why he has once again declined to join the Mexican NT. Said he wasn't part of the difficult journey to reach the WC so it wouldn't feel right to barge in and kick out one of 23 who did go through it all.

Classy, classy guy.

Danchi

Just read Carlos Vela's open letter explaining why he has once again declined to join the Mexican NT. Said he wasn't part of the difficult journey to reach the WC so it wouldn't feel right to barge in and kick out one of 23 who did go through it all.

Classy, classy guy.

Didn't he also repeatedly turn down the opportunity to take part in "the difficult journey" though?

I think it was just an offhand comment on a podcast, but it was something about him thinking of himself as Spanish rather than Mexican now...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Chelsea have a chance with Fernandinho out. I still think they'll lose but you can see the weakness in the City side.

Zabojnik

Classy, classy guy.

Come summer, I'm expecting that same letter from Totti.

Elchele

Classy, classy guy.

:lol

Knew Mourinho would pick David Luiz and Matic in midfield. Got to get them away draws.

Luiz can make a statement here though. With Zouma now in the ranks for next season, Luiz has a huge opportunity to show that he wants to be here in the future with a big performance in a big game from midfield, where I expect he'll play in multiple games this summer for Brazil.

Brazil play with Luiz Gustavo and Paulinho in midfield.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Nabil Bentaleb, 19, has been a key figure in Sherwood’s Tottenham after making his debut in the 3-2 win over Southampton towards the end of 2013.

The youngster has been a steadying figure in central midfield and is now one of the first names on Sherwood’s teamsheet. Bentaleb played the full 90 minutes in the last three matches in January, helping Spurs to two wins in that time. In total, he has played four Premier League games, scoring 82 points in Squawka’s Performance Score system, which was the highest of players aged 21 and under in the league.

Well done Nabil. Once he improves his defensive awareness this boy is going to be sensational. He can score and create too, he was very much a playmaking CM for the U21s. He's improving with every game, and at 19 he still has some bulking up to do.

Outsanity

Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; David Luiz, Matic; Ramires, Willian, Hazard; Eto'o

Subs: Schwarzer, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Oscar, Salah, Ba

As expected it's a 4-3-3

Big ask for Matic who is clearly still adjusting.

Luiz can make a statement here though. With Zouma now in the ranks for next season, Luiz has a huge opportunity to show that he wants to be here in the future with a big performance in a big game from midfield, where I expect he'll play in multiple games this summer for Brazil.

Schurrle out for Salah then, wonder if this will be the case going forward? I can't complain as usually Oscar would be playing and one of Matic/Luiz on the bench, unless Lampard or Mikel are going to get dropped in future.

BigBoss

What are the chances that Mourinho doesn't use 19th century tactics tonight? Is there any hope for an open, exciting game?

noal

Banned
Mourinho said he's not parking the bus.

I think he should.

Fucking autocorrect is pissing me off since I updated my phone. Arrgh!

Meier

No Ferna. Demichelis has played as a DM a few times now essentially but against Chelsea's midfield.. I don't know. I'm no longer terribly confident.

tolkir

People, Demichelis played several matches in that position with Málaga and Pellegrini.
Some matches were very good. Others, well.... :)

rvy

Banned
What are the chances that Mourinho doesn't use 19th century tactics tonight? Is there any hope for an open, exciting game?

tagusjixrg.gif

Meier

People, Demichelis played several matches in that position with Málaga and Pellegrini.
Some matches were very good. Others, well.... :)

He slotted in there in the Watford game after we brought on Kompany and Zaba for Rodwell and Richards. It worked out well there with both him and Kompany making some forward runs (from what I read), but Chelsea is another animal.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zenit internal conflict is BAAAAAAACK

-at half-time of the Zenit-Shakhtar game Spalletti tells Shirokov that he could stand to lose a few pounds
-Shirokov tells the translator to translate the phrase "иди на хуй" to Spalletti. It basically means " fuck off"
-Spalletti, outraged, throws a water bottle and hits Shirokov in the face
-Shirokov throws a water bottle back at Spalletti and misses
-Shirokov leaves Zenit's training camp in Israel and is back in Moscow. Club tries to cover it up by saying that it's to receive treatment for a heel injury

Smh...this team.

OP

add me to Zenit's list

OP

add me to Zenit's list

It get even worse, Yurt. We can't even let Shirokov rot in the reserves until his contract runs out in the summer because he's the national team's star player. The powers that be won't allow it, so we're going to likely sell him to Spartak...where he'll lead them to the title.
A1YXKcN.gif
A1YXKcN.gif
A1YXKcN.gif

Still can't get over Kolo's mistake.

toure.gif

BR-AND-KOLO.gif

Kolo-Toure-shower.jpg

Same. Been thinking about it all day. Potential season-turning error, and its one of the worst ones a centreback can make. Pass parallel to the edge of the box, under little pressure, with 2 other options (hoof and Mig), without being entirely sure that the pass would not be intercepted, nobody to cover if the worst happened, and actually looking right at the path you're passing the ball down.

WHY, KOLO? :(

@Serie-A fans, how's Aquilani been this season?

Hixx

Carragher analysis of Bridcutt was pretty good. That lad must be mentally exhausted as well as physically after a game. Very clever: always thinking, never ball watching.

I know but he has played MF at times for them and could get thrown into the rotation with the games so close together. He's said numerous times that he likes playing the position when asked to do so.

Not sure about that. IIRC it didn't happen in the Confederation's Cup. They have better midfielders to start there.

dalVlatko

I hate Luiz in midfield but I guess Mou thinks he deserves to play since he's already settled on Cahill and Terry in the back.

lol at this guy on NBCSN showing all these highlights with Oscar, Willian, and Hazard and pretending that Oscar is starting.

Okay, I guess. Not that he's been carrying Fiorentina or anything. A solid squad player, nothing more, nothing less.

Cheers. The odd occasion he played for us he seemed like he had all the talent in the world but was both unwilling and physically incapable of showing it on a consistent basis.

All silk, no steel.

bud

Married Premier League star Kolo Toure had a lengthy affair with a young model – after tricking her into believing he was a car salesman.

The Manchester City defender told pretty Kessel Kasuisyo his name was Francois and showered her with ­expensive gifts he claimed he bought with cash he made selling motors, she claims.

And in a desperate bid to keep his real identity secret, she says, the £90,000-a -week star would sneak into her council flat wearing sunglasses with a baseball cap pulled over his face.​

4GAIxCr.png

Zabojnik

Cheers. The odd occasion he played for us he seemed like he had all the talent in the world but was both unwilling and physically incapable of showing it on a consistent basis.

All silk, no steel.

Indeed. Aquilani and Montolivo, separated at birth. Talented, but no balls whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom