• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Yep all week Jose was saying how Chelsea couldnt compete with City yet and it led Pellegrini to believe his team were so superior they could get away with playing a man less in midfield then Chelsea despite their main ball winning midfielder being injured.

I've never read so much rubbish.

---

Did anyone link this?

Mourinho in his press conference - "Billy the masseur gave the team talk"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeNLyZu8jrY

Eurghhhh

LOL. Swansea to commit suicide. Wait until the end of the season for that shit you mellons.

Has common sense completely left our sport? Swansea can't possibly get a better manager than Laudrup. I mentioned the other day they are not having the best of seasons but do they think they can appoint a better manager? Who? I also love how unappreciative clubs are. Laudrup won those chumps a trophy last season, got them their first win at OT at Moyes expense this season, all with their bullshit budget and this is the thanks he gets? Patience has left our sport and has been replaced with ungratefulness.

Wait for Everton to fire Martinez now for losing a derby 4-0.

To be fair to their board, they really can't afford to stand by idly while Swansea plunge headlong into the relegation zone on the back of winning the League Cup last year. They're not too good to get relegated, the teams around them are improving while they get worse, the Europa League is going to start fucking them again for a few weeks at least, they barely threaten goal in far too many matches.

PL status is far too valuable for loyalty to cloud judgement. Its not missing out on a CL spot, where you can take the hit and look forward to trying again next season. Relegation can stop a club in its tracks.

And maybe they'll pull a Southampton. Either way, it'd be difficult for a new manager to oversee a downturn in their form, since they've won like once in 10 matches.

tri_willy

lol @ andoughfat's comments. would help if you would increase your workrate you fat fuck! man united was right to cut the fat, lets hope they can do it permanently.

saw morsel's comments, soft ban.

What's wrong with Anderson's comments there? Just says Man Utd gave him everything and he has to move on to progress as a player as far as I can tell

What's wrong with Anderson's comments there? Just says Man Utd gave him everything and he has to move on to progress as a player as far as I can tell

Nothing. I just found it funny that he lied about giving the interview even though it was on tv. I will retract my laughs if the horse is wrong.

On gaf you can't talk about minimizing risk otherwise you'll be banned for victim blaming despite your intention to protect the victim. Everything's black and white.

Somebody's actual favourite song is Music Sounds Better With You.

What is the world coming to?

@L'pool fans, is the Arsenal game a must-win, or a must-not-lose?

Carbonox

Finally got some time to check shit from San Francisco outside of work and boozing...

goncalves_gif.gif

#basedkinnear

pulga

Banned

Saw that in the OT and didn't even bother to click on it. Getting into Brony related matters are basically ban-fishing. Should've known better, Odd :(

I agree with the point Odd is trying to make, even though it's not "right". Sucks that the kid can't flaunt his interests wily-nily, but that's the harsh reality of the school environment, and the uncle should've definitely known it wouldn't lead to anything positive :/ Don't really see why Odd was banned, his point warranted discussion.

bjaelke

A win would obvious be preferable but I don't think we're in a position to expect that given the circumstances. Our motivation should be to gain ground on our closest rivals, who are playing each other this weekend.

TeddyBoy

Neither, Arsenal are a top side and any points gained against them should be seen as a bonus (even if we're playing at Anfield).

We're also not competing for the title so any dropped points aren't too important.

guys

stop posting in the OT. Like fucking seriously.

I LOVE it!

you need to lighten up a little. Or you'll die alone.

I just never think of people getting excited by that kind of song. A fun listen once in a while, and a bit of a touchstone for 90s music, but people normally go for layers when thinking of their fave. Different strokes I guess :p

Being brony-related had little to do with Morsel's ban I think, treading dangerous ground with posts like that no matter why the kid was bullied

@Willkinnear, what is your job if you're working over there?

Feorax

After the Arsenal game, we have a run of 8 games against teams below us, and there's no reason we can't beat all of them if we keep our focus.

Still want a win mind you. Need to get that buffer sooner or later.

Salazar

Cellino to pass fit and proper test ?

Speaking to the Italian press, Cellino added: “In England they don’t know how to run football. In Italy we really shouldn’t be ashamed as in London I found less transparency and on top of that we’re more efficient.”

:lol

It's just bs story that every footballer has from the childhood.

"the doctors told me I'd never be able to walk again" etc.

Knee surgeon told me I was done with football. Possibly, he was unfamiliar with the languid sweeper role available to unfit futsal players.

tri_willy

Somebody's actual favourite song is Music Sounds Better With You.

What is the world coming to?

must win.

for one, it shows that we can keep it up with the stronger teams. secondly, in the least, we need to cement a top 4 berth. next, if there is any ambition in the slightest to win the league (unlikely), then defeating arsenal is very important.

a draw or loss will have teams like everton, spurs, and united breathing further down our necks. we've had one too many complacent games, any more and top 4 chances will slip away very fast, just like how those 2 weeks against city and chelsea dropped us from 1st to barely 4th spot.

Cellino to pass fit and proper test ?

:lol

As with the Crawley manager, any conviction for fraud or money-laundering really should result in an instant lifetime ban from the FA from operating at any level of football above playing.

@Bla, haven't logged in on Steam for a while, I'm not ignoring you

fake edit: My brother's playing Alan Wake and has been since I got home, which is why I haven't seen the notification :)

Will add you when he gets off

FootballFan

Its more fun to abuse people for their opinions than it is to agree to disagree though :p

@FF, is there any prediction on how big Messi would be if he hadn't had the growth hormones? Genuinely curious.

I don't actually know, I've read anywhere between 4'8 and 5'3 lol. Probably just bs numbers though.

I don't actually know, I've read anywhere between 4'8 and 5'3 lol. Probably just bs numbers though.

Would've been sick is he had the skills he has now, and was 4ft8" :D

Heard on FW that the dude who molested Alves for that Valencia header is the shortest player in the league :lol

edit: Just checked, 5ft4"

Dani wut r u doin

FootballFan

Would've been sick is he had the skills he has now, and was 4ft8" :D

Heard on FW that the dude who molested Alves for that Valencia header is the shortest player in the league :lol

edit: Just checked, 5ft4"

Dani wut r u doin

Pablo Piatti? Messi jr. lol

Left footed, little, dribbling argentine.

He scored a header vs Madrid a few weeks ago, then scored another vs Barca lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzeSYqykXp0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl1hAT8tgrc

Wilbur

Banned
PokeBank is out in Europe! Or has everyone stopped playing Pokemon now?

I haven't played for a while, this might motivate me again.

Then again four days of my week are wholly consumed by uni and work. All I want to do is sleep on the other days.

Kinan

1293046_190126731197968_1628976738_o.jpg

Ukraine destroyed Russia in the final 4:0, and Kalitvintzev-Jr. was again recognized as the best player of the tournament.
Sad that he will still not even get a chance in the first Dynamo team, we are overloaded with attacking midfielders. We should probably loan him for this season again, he has got the potential to be as good as his farther was. Classical 10.

Kinan

Also really sad for Zhenya's failed transfer to Liverpool. The guy is now in depression. Dnipro is saying now that Liverpool didn't manage to finish with formalities in time, and it should have at least appeared one day earlier, and everything would be fine, but seriously, they just lost Konoplyanka anyway now, I do not see he will be motivated enough to play for the club at all after such a letdown....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom