• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

PokeBank is out in Europe! Or has everyone stopped playing Pokemon now?

I am always surprised that, even though I'm a Nintendo fan, Pokemon has never done anything for me. Back then I finished Red and was done with the series.

On the other hand, I started Fire Emblem Path of Radiance two days ago and I'm hooked. The underlying gameplay of Fire Emblem's is just amazing.

pulga

Banned
I am always surprised that, even though I'm a Nintendo fan, Pokemon has never done anything for me. Back then I finished Red and was done with the series.

On the other hand, I started Fire Emblem Path of Radiance two days ago and I'm hooked. The underlying gameplay of Fire Emblem's is just amazing.

Awakening is GOAT FE
its the only one I've played lololol

Rowan_the_Hedgehog_by_Bonka_chan.jpg

Gambit

Awakening is GOAT FE
its the only one I've played lololol

Same for me. Even though a long time ago, I played the first ten chapters of the first GBA game and really liked it. No idea why I stopped it back then.

However, Awakening changed everything. Now I need to go back and play all the others.

bjaelke

- Suarez has failed to score in ten games for Liverpool this season. They have won just two of those, against Bournemouth and Oldham. That's a 20% win record and 0% in the Premier League.

- Suarez has scored in 12 games for Liverpool this season. They have won 11 and drawn the other. A 92% win record.
Please dont get injured/banned.

Please dont get injured/banned.

His disciplinary record has been surprisingly good this season. Even when he was getting frustrated against Norwich and started remonstrating with the ref and players, being a bit too intense, he cut it out straight after he got booked

Looked a lot less energetic than normal against West Brom, and (to a lesser extent) Everton and Villa. Could do with resting him next time we're at home against an 'easy' team. A player who runs that much will get tired whether we're in Europe or not, playing almost every minute of every game

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
For what? Selling Hernanes?

I'm surprised no one kidnapped that new Leeds bloke yet, he sounds a bastard.

Cellino is a GOAT looooooooooooooool

reposts:

BDD1wARCEAE3WrN.jpg

playing ACDC's You Shook Me All Night Long with his guitar.

President Cellino spoke to the media after the game and painted a very different picture, apparently irritated by the fact the Stadio Sant’Elia still allows only 5,000 fans due to restructuring work.

“Nainggolan will definitely go. Not even in January, he can go tomorrow,” snapped the patron.

“He has six or seven clubs looking for him and I can’t keep hold of him again. It’s not an issue of money, as even if they give me less than his price-tag, he’ll still go. If he doesn’t want to go, I’ll send him away.

“We play in a stadium worthy of Serie C, the players had to travel all around Italy for two years because we weren’t allowed a home stadium. I can’t keep anyone in these conditions.

“From tomorrow anyone who wants to leave Cagliari is free to do so. Those who remain do so only if they want to and that’s their problem. I wouldn’t stay in this situation.

“Does that apply to Davide Astori too? It applies to everyone, I don’t rule anybody out.”

Today’s Cagliari-Roma match has been called off by local authorities due to public order concerns after the club invited fans to attend the closed doors game.

It was to be played behind closed doors, as the stadium again failed security checks amid restructuring work.

However, Cagliari President Massimo Cellino released a statement on the club website inviting all supporters with season tickets to attend anyway,

Cagliari owner Cellino said he didn't want release from prison because, while inside, his team won all their games. They lost 3-0 after he was released.

Cagliari President Cellino complains: ‘My cell is too cold, I can’t sleep’

cel_02_672-458_resize.jpg

Cagliari President Massimo Cellino is adamant he’s right to terminate Davide Ballardini’s, while Nedo Sonetti reveals legal action over “eating a 4kg fish.”

The club caused shockwaves last week when sacking Ballardini to bring back Massimo Ficcadenti, but the split has now turned into a legal battle.

Rather than simply fire him – and therefore be forced to continue paying his wages – the Sardinians have started legal action claiming they have ‘just cause’ to terminate the contract.

Meanwhile, Sonetti has been called to explain his similar situation when Cellino tried to fire him with ‘just cause.’

“I cannot explain, as it was all too ridiculous,” said Sonetti. “Cellino has fun getting on people’s nerves. He’s beyond a joke.

“One time Cellino sent a letter accusing me of having eaten a 4kg fish. I swear this is true.”

If a Coach is simply fired, then the club is committed to paying his wages for the length of the contract. If there is ‘just cause,’ meaning terms of the agreement were broken or something made it impossible for them to continue working together, then the deal can be terminated.

Renzo Ulivieri, President of the Italian Coaches Association, says “just case is only considered in extreme cases, for example a tactician who is found stealing or dealing drugs.

“Cagliari tried the same thing with Roberto Donadoni in August, claiming that after his dismissal he had gone to watch the team in the stands purely to create problems. It seems like absolute rubbish.”

and there's a hilarious story involving him and his cellmates but I can't find it :lol

Enjoy English football, he's brilliant.

Sport Witness ‏@Sport_Witness 2m

Arsenal got two players (Oxlade-Chamberlain and Cazorla) in the AS non-La Liga team of the week, and so did Stoke City (Adam and Begovic).

Sport Witness ‏@Sport_Witness 2m

Stoke also got Gazzetta's award for best goal in Europe this week. Not often they get this kind of praise!

Making Stoke look good should be a sackable offence on its own.

WJD

On a table that considers the strength of opponents along with points won/lost, our position this season looks even worse...

Arsenal +3
City +2
Chelsea +2

Liverpool -1

Spurs -9

United -15

If anyone's interested in the calculations for it go here:
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/storeytime-2013-14.379383/

Think it's a generally fair system that just compounds the horrible position we're in at the moment. Also annihilates any hope that even the most ardent fans would have been clinging onto for a top four finish.

Shocking.

pappe

Cellino is a GOAT looooooooooooooool

reposts:

BDD1wARCEAE3WrN.jpg

playing ACDC's You Shook Me All Night Long with his guitar.

and there's a hilarious story involving him and his cellmates but I can't find it :lol

Enjoy English football, he's brilliant.

How do these insane as fuck idiots manage to earn millions and even billions. I need to start behaving like them too. Maybe i will become rich as well.

On a table that considers the strength of opponents along with points won/lost, our position this season looks even worse...

If anyone's interested in the calculations for it go here:
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/storeytime-2013-14.379383/

Think it's a generally fair system that just compounds the horrible position we're in at the moment. Also annihilates any hope that even the most ardent fans would have been clinging onto for a top four finish.

Shocking.

gosh you man utd fans are so whiny. All you guys are so young that you have forgotten what it was to be truly terrible.

Come Sunday evening you can potentially be sitting 4 points behind 4th, despite being awful all season and Liverpool having a great season by their standards. You are still the favourites for a top 4 position. Spurs are proven flops and Liverpool and Everton are unknown quantities atm. Sure it is going to be a hard run it, but you guys are experienced and proven and know how to get the job done when it matters.

Yes you should sack Moyes, but only in the summer, unless there is a someone better available NOW.

WJD

gosh you man utd fans are so whiny.

Firstly fuck off.

Come Sunday evening you can potentially be sitting 4 points behind 4th, despite being awful all season and Liverpool having a great season by their standards. You are still the favourites for a top 4 position. Spurs are proven flops and Liverpool and Everton are unknown quantities atm. Sure it is going to be a hard run it, but you guys are experienced and proven and know how to get the job done when it matters.

Secondly, this is ridiculous. Every single one of the teams above us vying for fourth is playing significantly better football and getting significantly more consistent results. There has been absolutely no signs of improvement at any point this season - except arguably and weirdly in Europe. If there was only one team ahead of us then I'd argue perhaps we could put together a few results and hope for a dip from them, but the chances of Liverpool, Everton and Spurs all floundering so much that we can overtake all of them just appears a no-go at the moment.

It's not fucking whining, it's a realistic look at a poor situation with no indications that it's going to get any better.

Mastadon

Banned
Firstly fuck off.

Secondly, this is ridiculous. Every single one of the teams above us vying for fourth is playing significantly better football and getting significantly more consistent results. There has been absolutely no signs of improvement at any point this season - except arguably and weirdly in Europe. If there was only one team ahead of us then I'd argue perhaps we could put together a few results and hope for a dip from them, but the chances of Liverpool, Everton and Spurs all floundering so much that we can overtake all of them just appears a no-go at the moment.

It's not fucking whining, it's a realistic look at a poor situation with no indications that it's going to get any better.

Yeah have to agree with this. Before the Stoke game, you needed 2.5 points per game to hit 75 points. Liverpool needed 1.9 ppg before the WBA game.

Edit: Here's the updated one.

y4gKJXP.jpg

WJD

Yeah have to agree with this. Before the Stoke game, you needed 2.5 points per game to hit 75 points. Liverpool needed 1.9 ppg before the WBA game.

Edit: Here's the updated one.

y4gKJXP.jpg

Pretty much. I probably naively thought that the Mata signing would give us a big enough boost to take on this second half of the season with a bit more authority and maybe scrape into the top four, but now? Same flaccid football, same record-breaking results.

We'll win the Champions League though, right?

Mastadon

Banned
Pretty much. I probably naively thought that the Mata signing would give us a big enough boost to take on this second half of the season with a bit more authority and maybe scrape into the top four, but now? Same flaccid football, same record-breaking results.

We'll win the Champions League though, right?

Probably, you cunts.

The Stoke result was made worse by the fact that it's immediately killed any bounce that the Mata signing may have given you. I fully expected you to go in a 4 or 5 game run with decent results, but you have absolutely no momentum again.

Firstly fuck off.

It is whiny, So many teams have been in worst positions and come back to get the position they wanted/needed. You guys have never experienced this so you think it is the end of the world. You are playing so awful and all these teams fighting for the top 4 are playing better than you, but are only 7, 5, and 4 points ahead of you.

Of course you guys are favourites, YOU ARE THE FUCKING CHAMPIONS with a ton of experience and a very good PL manager. What have those other 3 teams done recently??? You might not play beautiful football, but you have enough quality to get the job done. You also have the best and deepest squad out of all 4 teams
although the recent defensive injuries is gonna hurt

You United fans are fucking drama queens who feel so sorry for yourselves when we still have 14 games to play and you are only 7 points off 4th. If results go you way you could be only 4 points off 4th with 13 games to play. There is still enough time to get 4th.

I am sure if you ask most neutrals and football journalists they would all consider you favourites for 4th.

Mastadon

Banned
It is whiny, So many teams have been in worst positions and come back to get the position they wanted/needed. You guys have never experienced this so you think it is the end of the world. You are playing so awful and all these teams fighting for the top 4 are playing better than you, but are only 7, 5, and 4 points ahead of you.

Of course you guys are favourites, YOU ARE THE FUCKING CHAMPIONS with a ton of experience and a very good PL manager. What have those other 3 teams done recently??? You might not play beautiful football, but you have enough quality to get the job done. You also have the best and deepest squad out of all 4 teams

You United fans are fucking drama queens who feel so sorry for yourselves when we still have 14 games to play and you are only 7 points off 4th. If results go you way you could be only 4 points off 4th with 13 games to play. There is still enough time to get 4th.

I am sure if you ask most neutrals and football journalists they would all consider you favourites for 4th.

I don't think anyone considers Man Utd favourites for fourth at this point. If you do, then you should definitely put some money on it. You can get 7/2 at some places.

It's not as simple as saying there's still enough time to get fourth. You can't just wave a wand and expect all Utd's problems to disappear. To get fourth now, Utd would have to get a points total that would be the equivalent of them having a 95 point season.

pappe

We are not upset because we are 7 pts off 4th. We have been 8-9 pts behind the top 2 sometimes over the year and were still confident that we will push them right to the end. We are upset because the brand of football being played is just dire and without any sort of creativity or freshness and the signs are pointing towards it not improving anytime soon. Also just look at out results in 2014. What makes you think we can even cover up the gap of 7 pts in the next few matches?

I don't think anyone considers Man Utd favourites for fourth at this point. If you do, then you should definitely put some money on it. You can get 7/2 at some places.

It's not as simple as saying there's still enough time to get fourth. You can't just wave a wand and expect all Utd's problems to disappear. To get fourth now, Utd would have to get a points total that would be the equivalent of them having a 95 point season.

Looking forward to Moyes churning out some canny draws against 'bigger' teams. It's what this club has been sorely lacking while Fergie was in charge.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mazzarri has just released his autobiography Il Meglio Deve Ancora Venire

The Best is Yet to Come

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Well the odds have them second favourites out of those 4 teams. I am gonna put money on it.

As for these race to 75 point tables it is all bullshit. The season will play out over the next 14 games. Who knows how many points will be needed. there is still plenty of time left for United and they are good enough. Arsenal played shit football, some of the worst I have seen from us in the run in last season and we still got 4th.

And despite being so many points off 4th in previous seasons, I always knew we were favourites because we had the depth, the quality and the experience of playing in tough games down the stretch. it proved good enough for us.

pappe

Oh wait! Wasnt Shanks the one who considered Chelsea favs to win the UCL again the year AFTER they had won the think with RDM?

There is no point in arguing with him over this.

We are not upset because we are 7 pts off 4th. We have been 8-9 pts behind the top 2 sometimes over the year and were still confident that we will push them right to the end. We are upset because the brand of football being played is just dire and without any sort of creativity or freshness and the signs are pointing towards it not improving anytime soon. Also just look at out results in 2014. What makes you think we can even cover up the gap of 7 pts in the next few matches?

Yep you do play shit football and Moyes won't improve that and should be sacked in the summer, but he should be a good enough manager to get the desired results the rest of the way.

Will you guys get 4th? I don't know. But i know you are a proven quantity and that if you can get it together you are the best out of those 4 teams. I don't want you to get 4th, but you are the favourites IMO

Mastadon

Banned
Well the odds have them second favourites out of those 4 teams. I am gonna put money on it.

As for these race to 75 point tables it is all bullshit. The season will play out over the next 14 games. Who knows how many points will be needed. there is still plenty of time left for United and they are good enough. Arsenal played shit football, some of the worst I have seen from us in the run in last season and we still got 4th.

And despite being so many points off 4th in previous seasons, I always knew we were favourites because we had the depth, the quality and the experience of playing in tough games down the stretch. it proved good enough for us.

I'm not by any means suggesting its impossible, but the times you've overhauled Spurs to nick 4th, it's just been two teams involved. Utd are playing notably worse football than the other three teams racing for fourth, and I just can't see all three fading away, whilst Utd miraculously improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom