• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

But you don't win every week

carlos-vela-y-griezmann.jpg

This is the perfect example of slating the team because of a slip up. People were calling for tatas job after that game. Same shit every week before Christmas, they would win and Tata beat peps league start record but fans and media called for him to be fired because he was not winning attractively enough.

Fucking spoilt.

Salvadora

I can't remember exactly who and what, but I definitely remember some ejaculate being spread around the globe as that tackle was made.

Anyway, Koscielny; I think he's far too rash, clumsy and hasty to ever be a world class centre back. He's improved, but he's certainly not brilliant.
I believe it was used in previous arguments regarding Koscielny's abilities.

I'm still of the belief that he has been one of the best in England this season, but I wouldn't go as far as to say he's world class. I don't think many CBs currently are.

Marc

This is a good example of why Henderson would not do well at international level for me.

Lack of time on the ball and high amount of pressure on the midfield and he fails miserably with passing, reading the game, making intelligent running.

Liverpool's midfield has been poor for most of the season and covered by the fact their forward line is insane and the defence has made so many cock up's. Playing with Gerrard and Henderson at a world cup, pls no. :(

Saints should have 2 goals. Good save but made way too easy.

Wilbur

Banned
I believe it was used in previous arguments regarding Koscielny's abilities.

I'm still of the belief that he has been one of the best in England this season, but I wouldn't go as far as to say he's world class. I don't think many CBs currently are.

Thiago Silva is the best by some distance, but Terry, Kompany and and Juve bros Chiellini/Barzagli are probably the chasing pack.

L1NETT

I think Hendo's sauce and Barkley with Wilshere in behind Rooney would work a treat.

Both the middle two got the legs to do the donkey work while Wilshere is moaning to the ref about being pushed over.

Can't wait for Cleverly and Gerrard huffing and puffing around Brazil :/

Also, Calum Chambers. Real fucking deal.

--

Top of da page, who's doing the next OT?

They've given us a right bumming since the 25th minute. Allen failing to offer the extra man in midfield that he was bought into the starting lineup for, and the same can be said of Henderson. Coutinho also giving it away for fun.

Bring Sterling on for Allen or Coutinho, stick him on the right to offer us more threat, and try and force Shaw back towards his own goal. As it is, they're attacking at will in numbers, centrally and on the flanks

Salvadora

I think I'm being turned to the idea of Podolski leaving this summer.

He was anonymous for not the first time this season. Maybe an exchange + cash for Count Draxula , but I'd rather we bring someone in who gets goals.
Thiago Silva is the best by some distance, but Terry, Kompany and and Juve bros Chiellini/Barzagli are probably the chasing pack.
Kompany's made a couple of really high profile mistakes this season, hasn't he? Difficult to assess with Michelle next to him though.

TeddyBoy

Southampton are playing great football, a real good game to watch technically. We look really nervous at the back though, I'm not totally sure if our formation helps us defend Lallana's runs, very fortunate to be winning.

subtles

Liverpool not being able to string three passes together away from home is among the most baffling phenomena of the season. They dilly dally on the ball while being passengers when the opponent is in possession.

Marc

Really shocking level for defenders these days, its why games have so many high scores. Even Silva when you are comparing against the best from 10-20 years ago, he ain't all that, kind of wonder about some of the forwards achievements considering this.

Gutted I'm missing this.

What did Lallana do that had you all wanking?

Just his movement, his finishing is shite but movement like an English Muller. Good passing and usage of the ball too, very smart player. Not to an extent of being world class as other assets hold him back, but still very good to watch.

sohois

Liverpool have got it right, tactically. Some slices of luck, no doubt, but they've set up with a plan and executed it exactly as they would have wanted.

Came out strong and fast, looking to match Southampton. And in the first 20 minutes, Liverpool dominated possession (something like 61 to 39) and had multiple shots to no reply. Once the first goal came, Liverpool were content to sit back and soak up the Southampton pressure. Liverpool players were easing way off, allowing Southampton the ball, letting them do the work with an occasional team press. It worked ok, Southampton still working some decent chances from out wide and getting some luck of their own with deflections.

In the end, it has worked out very well. Expect Liverpool ot come out with another burst in the first 15, then bring on Stirling to towards the end to try and exploit tired legs.

Blablurn

Watch it work for 2 years then get found out only for him to have no second plan and look to move elsewhere.

Messi. Just look at the teams. Barca had a perfect first team but the bench was weak. In Bayern Pep found a whole team of classy players. I'm not sure if you saw many Bayern games but I did. And he used so many tactics so far. Everything is so damn variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom