• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

Never got why people liked that. Then again, I might be the only one at GAF that actually liked the Highlander animated TV series. It had a kickass intro theme, maybe that's why.

It was pretty good

I also remember this other animated show:

cast2nd.jpg

"Re-Boot"

oh man

spidye

never watched digimon. seemed like a poor man's pokemon to me.

I had the same opinion when I was 9. then I actually watched the first and second season. it's much better than pokemon will ever be. it has a story and a great theme and I loved the endning to all the characters in season 2.

fuck ash for releasing butterfree, squirtle and charizard

Yen

boy meets world
smart guy
sister sister

the episode where Cory tries to have sex with Tapanga (because he thought Shawn was doing that but he was actually helping out with abused women) confused me as a youngling. risque for a kids show.

Elchele

boy meets world
smart guy
sister sister

the episode where Cory tries to have sex with Tapanga (because he thought Shawn was doing that but he was actually helping out with abused women) confused me as a youngling. risque for a kids show.

what

3Sixty

boy meets world
smart guy
sister sister

Smart Guy was my shit.

Elchele

I mean, if he has the money then fucking buy it if you want cunt but it also its pretty ugly jacket. And his explanation is that he's trying to achieve the Terminator 1 look.

pls.

For once I wish pulga wasn't banned

K1LLER7

Got my internship interview tomorrow. Slightly nervous :(

Been through and practised answers for the basic questions of: What's your strength? weakness? why you want the role? why should we hire you? Give me a time you displayed problem-Solving skills?

Any other common questions for an internship interview?

Wilbur

Banned

Been through and practised answers for the basic questions of: What's your strength? weakness? why you want the role? why should we hire you? Give me a time you displayed problem-Solving skills?

Can't help you with that haha! But good luck man, I'm sure you'll ace it.

What's it for?

faridmon

That jacket is pretty dope though. If I was right, I would have bought one without any hesitation.

Lesson of the Evil was pretty crappy movie. Takahashi Miike is one overrated director.

Elchele

You know, you're not wrong Wooden. If you got the money, might as well spend it. If you make a thread about it at GAF though, asking whether it's a good investment since it's "only" five thousand dollars that's another thing.

I don't mind it though. Some spend a few thousands every year on a new PC, others on some nice clothes. Some spend it on their car, other on furniture. Hey, whatever suits the guy.

yes, I don't mind him wasting $5K in that, the problem is the reasons he gives and the fact that the jacket in question looks very shit compared to what you could buy for much less money.

I don't even know what would I do with $5K. That's some money.

What jacket? Where's the thread?

you're not invited

It's always good to have questions ready for the "do you have any questions?" question at the end of the interview.

Good luck.

K1LLER7

Can't help you with that haha! But good luck man, I'm sure you'll ace it.

What's it for?
Cheers. Don't mind 1-1 interviews, but its my first time being in a panel interview.

It's a Marketing Intern position at a German medical company who supply to the NHS and others in the healthcare sector. Hope to get it in order to build some more exp. and maybe stay on after. Good for the CV innit :)

Who is your role model? "David Moyes" ;_;

If I could buy jackets for 5000 dollars I would make a thread about it every single time on GAF.

The jacket in my avatar is worth at least that.

K1LLER7

It's a bit late now, but if you can always try to connect things with a narrative, e.g. instead of just telling your strengths, maybe tell a story that shows them. Try to be honest. A weakness is a weakness, don't try to twist it into some "It's actually a strength" bullshit, that never works. If someone asks whether you'd like water, don't decline (although you don't need to drink it).

There's hundreds of potential questions, but from what I've been told, just try to convey the feeling/idea that you're a responsible, motivated, clever guy that wants the job not just for the money. Just don't lose your confidence. Stay cool.

Best of luck from me.
Thanks for the advice, didn't know about the water thing haha :)

I've taken the STAR approach to answers and tried to provide times at Uni/Work to back points. Even if I don't get it, will be good to experience the situation and improve next time.

It's always good to have questions ready for the "do you have any questions?" question at the end of the interview.

Good luck.
Cheers mate.

Have 3 in my mind at the moment. Will try and think of a few more.

Elchele

It's a Marketing Intern position at a German medical company who supply to the NHS and others in the healthcare sector. Hope to get it in order to build some more exp. and maybe stay on after. Good for the CV innit :)

are you going to visit the BayArena

tell Voller to fuck off

good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom