• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Jeez, that was really impressive by AOC. He was so poor last season so it's nice to see that he really is playing well as of late. Hate to see a young player regress.

Isolating a player into getting sent off by forcing him into fouls, and overreacting to taps on the face by going down like you've been shot, are not on the same level of gamesmanship.

Fair enough, but the end goal is the same. Try and get another player sent off. Don't think a commentator should be encouraging that.

jtb

Banned
remember when Ox was our most in-form player of the past month or so and Wenger dropped him against Stoke? I'm so glad that gamble paid off.

fuenf

If you think this Bayern is better than last year you're going to have a bad time soon.

footyGAF is delusional, most of you only remember the Bayern / Barca game where Bayern intentionally let Barca take control of the game. In the final Dortmund stood up to them, tried to play with them which resulted in an entirely different game and gameplan for Bayern. Bayern is currently just managing the game against a shit team.

Fair enough, but the end goal is the same. Try and get another player sent off. Don't think a commentator should be encouraging that.
There is a huge difference between just plain cheating and targeting a player though.

Running at someone on a yellow might be a "cheap" tactic but it's perfectly legal and sensible.

confuziz

Banned
footyGAF is delusional, most of you only remember the Bayern / Barca game where Bayern intentionally let Barca take control of the game. In the final Dortmund stood up to them, tried to play with them which resulted in an entirely different game and gameplan for Bayern. Bayern is currently just managing the game against a shit team.

yes bayern is god. all hail lord bayern

Bayern wont be "managing" or "cruise controlling" a team like Madrid..

rodvik

Err Bayern are 2 away goals up , enjoying more possession and getting the better chances even in first gear. I dont see why they should change at all.

dsdasdsaw2oma.gif

Great pass from Balo to Poli there. Lovely celebration too.

GQman2121

Banned
I know they've struggled to hold possession, but this is far to timid from Arse for me. They should take more chances pressing in Bayerns half and try to force them to make a bad pass or something. If they get caught out, they get caught out and concede. But at least go down fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom