• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Arsenal aren't carrying a threat going forward as well, but the Bayern fans in here are painting it like Bayern aren't even trying. Fucking hell, I hate your team because of you fucking guys. You made me go from not giving a shit about your insignificant teutonic club to hating you because of your fucking arrogance.

Fuck Bayern, now and forever. Put bratwurst in their glory holes.

bjaelke

SfDTClq.jpg
e5YuU.gif

Arsenal aren't carrying a threat going forward as well, but the Bayern fans in here are painting it like Bayern aren't even trying. Fucking hell, I hate your team because of you fucking guys. You made me go from not giving a shit about your insignificant teutonic club to hating you because of your fucking arrogance.

They are becoming Barça fans.

Blablurn

lol

Not sure why Bayern should do anything, when Arsenal are so shitty and predictable in their pressure... If you can even call it that. Arsenal are playing like they won the first.

Salvadora

It makes me reminisce for the days when fucking Barcelona were the best team in the world.

subtles

I hope Arsene makes some slight adjustments to not deviate (too much) from this stability while going for the win.

There's little point hammering the box in the last five minutes if you're two goals down.

Jack cw

You're really boring.
Wilbur pls. I'm not discrediting Arsenal but their attitude. One player dribbling in midfield while nobody else wants to even participate in an attack is speaking for itself. Look at Bayerns pressing and constant breakthroughs. This is basically a replay of the first leg.

Salvadora

Wilbur pls. I'm not discrediting Arsenal but their attitude. One player dribbling in midfield while nobody else wants to even participate in an attack is speaking for itself. Look at Bayerns pressing and constant breakthroughs. This is basically a replay of the first leg.

He was commenting solely on the Ox's performance.

How can you not see that?

Wilbur

Banned
They are becoming Barça fans.

#thepepeffect

<3 you've been fine tonight

jack and fuenf, oh man

OH MAN

FUENF YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE

Not sure why Bayern should do anything, when Arsenal are so shitty and predictable in their pressure... If you can even call it that. Arsenal are playing like they won the first.

Yeah this is fair enough, Bayern are playing the game perfectly. It's the "they don't even care, they're playing a shit team, is this the best you can do, Arsenal have been torn apart"

fuck me

jtb

Banned
then let's take off arsenal's most prolific goal scorer for... flamini.

if we're going to sit deep and play on the counter praying for a Bayern mistake, then we need some pace up front. unless we're going to start launching high balls towards Giroud, and we're not because Giroud is a deceptively shit aerial threat, then I don't really see the point of playing up front. plus, we're not even attempting to break up Bayern's possession and catch them out, we're just waiting for them to shoot and give Fabianksi the ball. that's too slow a release to create any chances.

this is the type of game where it would be really really nice to have Walcott up front, imo

Arsenals tactic is probably just to stay in the game and then try to get lucky later on.

And tbf, Bayern are just too good when it comes to pressing the play. Arsenal have had chances to break but Bayen just nick it off them every time.

Clegg

I mean, we know Arsenal can pose a significant attacking threat. But we've seen absolutely nothing from them this evening.

ITV confirm Ozil is coming off at ht.

He exaggerated the contact so much it may as well have been a dive. I'm struggling to see how you're coming to the viewpoint the two are remotely similar. It's gamesmanship to target a team where they might be weak?

As I said before you're trying to get a player sent off so it is a form of gamesmanship. Different levels yes, but I was focusing on the fact that he was encouraging one and dismissing the other.

I like how Andy Townsend suggests Arsenal had a good enough 35 minutes and 'half the job is done' when they are still 2-0 down and have done next to nothing going forward.

Chamberlain has been excellent, but he can't do it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom