• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
A win at Chelsea and we are back in it.

Wenger's never won against Mourinho, let alone at Stamford Bridge. Even if we win that one, we have zero margin for error against very difficult teams and still have to rely on Chelsea/City dropping points in order to keep pace. Not a good situation to be in.

Ox in particular, as he was in brilliant form.

Baffling decision by Wenger. no point in resting him since he already missed half the season, he's in good form, we need the pace and incision, fucking play him!

Would you take 3rd atm, bearing in mind your March fixture list?

below 1st, it doesn't really matter where we finish. I think the gap is too comfortable for any of the four teams currently in the top 4 to drop out. would really like us to win the FA cup this season, though. Wenger needs to put the trophy drought to bed once and for all.

TeddyBoy

You still love me Teddy? I have to run some PR for this great movie now Fake pic february is over.

Because they're just a midtable small time club.

And PSV is coming back in the game. GAE should have scored at least four goals by now ffs :/

I still love you Linius <3 based Ajax will rise again and win the champions league with Poulson
(he was so trash for Liverpool)

Pardew's "headbutt" is the perfect metaphor for Arsenal's title challenge. Limp, weak and falling away at the crucial moments , offending everyone

#DEAD

jVO1x0pBsyqEN.jpg

Sterling: 6 goals

i7wEwLF5J9Xe9.gif

Januzaj: 3 goals

One more time...

i2x4Y7BtatmPL.gif

oh god

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4bsIzsDNLs

I feel like Joaquin now. Let's just pop pills to get rid of the pain.

The pain. ;_;

Man, I want that United - Bayern quarterfinal to happen.

Best thing to happen now is to get beaten by Olympiakos, or draw at best, let Moyes talk about bad luck, let doicare talk about bad luck, and then dodge a bullet
I mean that super saiyan execution
with the rest of the possible opponents

Maybe we do a Chelsea and sack Moyes now, get Di Matteo, then fluke our way to the win

please

The you can also pay RdM a fortune to sit on his arse and ignore job oppurtunities for the foreseeable future :p

RdM: Champions League-winning manager still doesn't sound right

Linius

I still love you Linius <3 based Ajax will rise again and win the champions league with Poulson
(he was so trash for Liverpool)

Can't say he's trash for us but he's not great either. It depends on the match really. Not too long ago he saved us with an assist for the winning goal minutes before the final whistle.

jtb

Banned
No.

If we can't finish above a City, Chelsea and Liverpool in transition with (relatively) new managers then we never will.

that's pessimistic. we've closed the gap this season considerably. the problem at the beginning of the season was that we didn't have a striker, we still don't have a striker. if we have another summer like last year's, bring in a few pieces without losing any key players and hopefully also land a world class player, we'll be in fantastic shape. still think we need a midfielder who can truly dominate games in the middle, whether by sheer force of creativity (a la Cesc) or physicality. Arteta and Flamini are reliable but they're a good step down from a top CM pairing. get Ramsey back, stick him next to a world class DM, creating chances for a world class finisher, that's a damn good team capable of winning the league.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm pretty sure Mario is leaving Milan next season. So who knows, maybe to Arsenal?

Salvadora

I'm pretty sure Mario is leaving Milan next season. So who knows, maybe to Arsenal?
Hopefully not.

Haven't seen much of him at Milan, but he represents too much of a risk. The market is big enough and we have enough money to ensure that we bring in someone with more quality and less behavioural problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom