• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Just caught up on MOTD.

13203074535_b7ab645e00_o.gif

YES

Anyone here on giffgaff? Looking at their contract deals and they are very willing to give unlimited data for cheap. Is there a catch?

Can't wait.

^ oh damn :(

Moyes I really want you to succeed but that won't happen.

When we get knocked out of the CL I have a feeling it will be over. We ain't gonna go down we won't be in the CL or EL (hope not.)

You may as well just go.

We are just a crap mid-table team.

subtles

I found the point raised, the one about Brendan's Liverpool/Swansea winning so many penalties, enlightening. I never knew Swansea won so many penalties.

Walshy

To be honest, Ferdinand has been awful for a while, I do not think it comes down to Moyes' awful tactics and training methods.

Giggs has no right either storming out of training. Who gives a fuck if you are Manchester United, your defense was utterly shocking yesterday and has been for the majority of the season.

To be honest, Ferdinand has been awful for a while, I do not think it comes down to Moyes' awful tactics and training methods.

Giggs has no right either storming out of training. Who gives a fuck if you are Manchester United, your defense was utterly shocking yesterday and has been for the majority of the season.

United fans should be worried about the attack more than the defense. The defense has an excuse by being really old.

The attack has no such excuse.

You can say United lost due to the defense, but they certainly would never have won with that shit attack.

Well Rio can fuck off soon so that's ok I can understand him being pissed off about the Jagielka thing that's like your girlfriend saying "my ex was great at doing..."

and yeah great attitude from future coach Giggs, silly cunt.

Salazar

I do hope that Flanagan has a long career at Liverpool.

I know United fans are in no great position to crow about fullback talent, but that lad is a pitiable, violent clogger.

Training seems to be paying off at least.

Walshy

United fans should be worried about the attack more than the defense. The defense has an excuse by being really old.

The attack has no such excuse.
You certainly should be scoring more goals, but your attack certainly has excuses too.

Adnan looks exhausted and in well need of a rest, someone that young should not be relied on that much. RvP and Rooney look as if they are on different wave lengths - Rooney is a shadow of his former self in that playmaking role and RvP looks like he doesn't want to be there. Mata doesn't seem to have the impact he does on the wings that he does in the middle.

Moyes' inclination to be so offensive midned yesterday ultimately played into Rodgers' tactics. Mata and Adnans lack of tracking back allowed us to control the flanks as well as the middle yesterday. Moyes is the reason for a lot of whats wrong at United, but the lack of discplined players in training will only make matters worse.

subtles

I know United fans are in no great position to crow about fullback talent, but that lad is a pitiable, violent clogger.
I'm surprised he didn't pull a Neville for the sake of it. United must have made him cry a wee bit as a lad.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
At a time when Tottenham are extremely short of central defenders – Michael Dawson is injured, Younes Kaboul has returned to the team but never seems to be far from another injury and a spell out while Jan Vertonghen is suspended for the game in Portugal against Benfica in the Europa League.

There has been no indication of a possible return for Chiriches, the Romanian international and captain, who impressed with his enthusiasm and commitment earlier in the season.

Now, there appears to be a possibility that he could be ready to play soon. @HotspurRelated and @AddictedtoSpurs have tweeted comments from @Emishor, a Romanian journalist, which indicate that Chiriches will soon be available for selection.

Good news, I think he's been one of our best signings this season.

If Cardiff get relegated I wonder if Sherwood will try to re-sign Caulker? Might be a good idea given Kaboul's fitness and Dawson's limitations.

Feorax

If Cardiff get relegated I wonder if Sherwood will try to re-sign Caulker? Might be a good idea given Kaboul's fitness and Dawson's limitations.

You could certainly do a lot worse. Apparently we're interested in him too as a potential long-term partner to Sakho.

Regardless of whether they stay up or not, I think he's too good for Cardiff.

Yen

13203073385_4680fc80ac_o.gif

If he can eradicate the silly fouls from his game he could become a top player (maybe not top, top), he's been great this season.

sohois

You think Sherwood is going to have the option to be re-signing anyone? I can see some resigning going on, but not re-signing.

You certainly should be scoring more goals, but your attack certainly has excuses too.

Adnan looks exhausted and in well need of a rest, someone that young should not be relied on that much. RvP and Rooney look as if they are on different wave lengths - Rooney is a shadow of his former self in that playmaking role and RvP looks like he doesn't want to be there. Mata doesn't seem to have the impact he does on the wings that he does in the middle.

Moyes' inclination to be so offensive midned yesterday ultimately played into Rodgers' tactics. Mata and Adnans lack of tracking back allowed us to control the flanks as well as the middle yesterday. Moyes is the reason for a lot of whats wrong at United, but the lack of discplined players in training will only make matters worse.

Januzaj has only started 3 games since January 22. I don't think he needs a rest at all. His performances, well his 3 games he started, have looked ordinary because Moyes has played him primarily on the left. He also hasn't impressed much lately because he simply hasn't played enough. Finally, he's only being relied on that much because the attack just doesn't have any creativity which comes from Moyes.

Every attacker looks shit under Moyes. Moyes takes the blame for that. Kagawa looks good with Japan out on the left due to the style of play Japan plays. Mata played on the left for his whole career besides last season and obviously did well there. RVP looks shit because he isn't getting involved like he usually does and Rooney likes to occupy his space. For all this talk (media) that Rooney is doing great this season he's only at 13 goals all season (31 matches). Everyone says he was shit last season and he finished the season with 16 goals in 37 matches.

Everyone is suffering under the ginger goblin. That is due to a number of reasons. His trainings and tactics must be so shit, because it doesn't matter what line up he puts out there, the team is just inept at attacking. His team selection hasn't helped him either.

If he sees the players not moving around a lot, he should work on that in training. If he sees the players aren't comfortable in possession, he should work on that in training. It seems like he's doing nothing to help the attack which is what United have always been about.

Seedorf out, Inzaghi in. According to CdS, it could happen now or in June.

Pippo is an intelligent coach, but I don't think Seedorf is to blame here.

I don't see that happening unless Seedorf fails completely and we lose every match until the end of the season. Berlusconi clearly wanted him, I think he'll let him on the bench until June 2015 before judging, giving him an entire season from July to June is the best way to see if he's actually capable of managing a team from start to finish.

Otherwise it'll be considered Berlusconi's failure and this time there won't be anybody else to blame, knowing the guy he doesn't want that and will try everything to fix it. Buying good players would be a good way to hide Seedorf inexperience, but we all know that won't happen.

Feorax

If he can eradicate the silly fouls from his game he could become a top player (maybe not top, top), he's been great this season.

Reminds me so much of Arbeloa.

Technically average, but he nails the basics and has the needle in him that you need in a back line.

The fact that he's competent at both LB and RB makes him a valuable commodity. Easily good enough to be 2nd choice for years to come.

TeddyBoy

You could certainly do a lot worse. Apparently we're interested in him too as a potential long-term partner to Sakho.

Regardless of whether they stay up or not, I think he's too good for Cardiff.

I think it's just his agents, with the system we play we really need CB's who can do everything. Sakho does this, but Caulker does not, we'll happily spend big on a right sided centre back so we can get one partnership for the next nine years.

Regarding Flanagan, I understand United fans frustration with him having so many fouls yesterday, particularly when some Liverpool fans are claiming he'll have a long and great career with us (not much on here but on 505).

I'm not convinced quite yet he has a future with us other than good cover. Pretty sure we'll sign a first choice left back come the summer.

Salvadora

Looks like Kompany could possibly face an additional ban for making an obscene gesture.

Jacky got a two game for that, so he could miss the Arsenal match....

Feorax

Especially damning when all things considered that was probably a bit of an off day for Suarez.

That patch on the right hand side says a lot.

We doubled up in the wide areas with our diamond midfield, so we had Allen covering Flanagan, and Henderson covering Johnson.

If United had tried to play through the middle, it would have been a much closer game, but Rodgers knew that Moyes wouldn't change to try that, so it was never in doubt for us.

Obviously Southampton was a trial run for this game, it would seem with hindsight.

Things are going Arsenal's way in the run-in. :/

Going our way as much as Arsenal's, but as of right now, it's still in City's hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom