• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Beardlo's scudetto-winning magnificent free-kick:
i3DCX3HDaM8Cv.gif

Pogba's backheel pass (goal was legit, was disallowed, forgot to bribe the ref, etc.):
ib1RCMFmjhA78Y.gif

Me:
ibo2X1P23IEa7J.gif

EmiPrime

So you'd take another season of Giroud at main striker over RVP?

Yes. At least with Giroud you can count on him to go an entire season without any serious injuries despite getting his shins and his ankles kicked to shreds every week. RVP is a luxury player you can't build your team around and he is a disloyal see you next tuesday.

Barzul

Yes. At least with Giroud you can count on him to go an entire season without any serious injuries despite getting his shins and his ankles kicked to shreds every week. RVP is a luxury player you can't build your team around and he is a disloyal see you next tuesday.

True, Giroud is very durable. Man can't get hurt.

Herr K

Banned
Seedorf out, Inzaghi in. According to CdS, it could happen now or in June.

Pippo is an intelligent coach, but I don't think Seedorf is to blame here.

Elchele

Seedorf out, Inzaghi in. According to CdS, it could happen now or in June.

Pippo is an intelligent coach, but I don't think Seedorf is to blame here.

It was clear that Seedorf was just a temporary fix, that way they wouldn't risk Inzaghi's coaching career. Seedorf wasn't ready, but I doubt they will replace him that soon.

danwarb

Rodgers said: "I would never say that at Liverpool, even if we were bottom of the league. Anfield is Anfield."

Moyes responded: "I just thought Liverpool were above us in the league and playing well and that any average person would have said the same."
Poor Moyes.

nampad

Seriously, just fucking throw a 100m transfer kitty at Klopp and triple his wages. Say "look, you're never going to finish above second ever again at Dortmund, everyone's leaving every five minutes, Manchester has a stunning array of restaurants"

"And the premiere league referees like to be yelled at"

Seriously, just fucking throw a 100m transfer kitty at Klopp and triple his wages. Say "look, you're never going to finish above second ever again at Dortmund, everyone's leaving every five minutes, Manchester has a stunning array of restaurants"

Wrong.

Tie Shinji to a stick and dangle him in front of Klopp.

Identify yourself to the world.

Sir Alex Ferguson, football manager.

And who... who is this?

It's... Manchester United.

And who is capable of managing such a club?

Only me.

Only you. Thank you, Sir Alex.

[Snaps SAF's neck. The crowd screams in terror]

jLebTQj0SHyG2_e.jpg

Herr K

Banned
Of course Berlu and Galliani had to chose a new, unproved coach to fuck his reputation by having him lead a shit bunch of players, and not staining Pippo's holy name.

Pippo has proved to be a good coach, judging by his achievements with the Primavera squad. If he gets good players like the team needs (and will probably get on June, seeing how this season went), not the rubbish leftovers G loves to sign, he could definitely become a hero coach.

GorillaJu

Dunno if we'd go in for Konoplyanka again. Now that we've nearly consolidated our CL spot, if we're going to bring in a new attacking player we might set our sights one rung higher.

subtles

Dnipros owner says hes in talks with Spurs over Konoplyanka. I love it every time they do this to Liverpool, lol.

I really couldn't care about individual names anymore, as long as Rodgers gets the players he wants to work with in the summer.

That said, this is getting ridiculous. We might as well go for our 2nd and 3rd targets first just to fend off the scavengers. To add insult to injury, every long term player we are linked with always seems to play against the English club that eventually buys him.

Spurs can't steal your targets anymore. They no longer have the higher league position to flaunt to players, and have a bad managerial situation right now. With Brenton, Suarez, your history and CL football it's rather easy to pick which club a player would rather go to right now.

Turok_TTZ

Why should Jurgen Klopp coach a soon to be midtable team? Dortmund still in cl contention and are more likely to challenge for titles.
would be quite a downgrade.

subtles

The question: How high?

tumblr_mzlwlxgbZZ1s30fcoo1_250.gif

Reus would turn Brendan Rodger's mind inside out.

But, even if there was a slight chance, I would fear the knock on effect.

tumblr_n2jn9yLAXE1qbiykfo1_500.gif

Precious Kagawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom