• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seedorf out, Inzaghi in. According to CdS, it could happen now or in June.

Pippo is an intelligent coach, but I don't think Seedorf is to blame here.

Pippo would be a great coach but I think this is bullshit. No way would Berlu fuck Seedorf over like this, this season was already over when he took charge, he gets 0% of the blame.

Allegri and Galliani had almost 4 years to gradually turn our club into complete shit, it would be absurd to blame Seedorf for not turning it around after a couple of months in the middle of the season.

Not to mention, the problems with our club go WAY deeper than the manager. Installing Pippo would just be another distraction from Berlucunt. It amazes me how the media piles on Balotelli, Allegri, Galliani, and now Seedorf, but no one fucking touches Berlucunt. He just keeps passing the blame to others and creating distractions (see; new stadium announced immediately after CL exit . . . let's see if it ever gets built).

subtles

So LiverpoolGAF, you think you guys will hang on to Suarez this summer?

The club are adamant in wanting to keep him, as you guys found out in the summer, and I've never seen the players so settled. It's like there is a group picture of them all enjoying each other's company every week.

If we can consolidate the CL spot, especially without qualifiers, I can't see him leaving. This is a WC year, so if he has a strong showing I'm sure some clubs will definitely be interested. The European clubs that would be willing to pay a significant amount for him all seem to be very potent upfront + Financial Fair Play puts us in a strong position.

Fry

fxz5cXb.png

subtles

I found this by Cox intriguing:

Not that United's chasing was particularly nuanced: Moyes waited until the 76th minute before making two substitutions, Tom Cleverley for Fellaini and Danny Welbeck for Januzaj, which changed little. There was no attempt to improve the defensive shape, no substitution to help United cope in midfield and no action taken to change the misfiring front two. Moyes did not appear to understand how to fix United's problems, an analysis which also applies in a much broader sense.

Clegg

That piece sort of confirms what we've been thinking for a while now. He doesn't know what he's doing. We've seen it in his selection, tactics and press conferences. He just goes through the motions now. It's like he's hanging on for dear life until summer when he can sell and buy a load of players. That won't work either as he's not clued in enough to get the best out of anyone.

subtles

That piece sort of confirms what we've been thinking for a while now. He doesn't know what he's doing. We've seen it in his selection, tactics and press conferences. He just goes through the motions now. It's like he's hanging on for dear life until summer when he can sell and buy a load of players. That won't work either as he's not clued in enough to get the best out of anyone.

They should put him out of his misery. Ferguson is a football man, you can't pull the wool over his eyes. His face during these defeats are more telling then they initially let on. It's more than the result. He's worked with these group of players. He probably sits in the stand thinking: "I would do so and so".

FootballFan

If we go out and get tonked by City next week I don't think there's much left in reserve for him.

Manchester United need to just write this season off. Do a Liverpool; regroup, rebuild and gain back a semblance of an identity on the pitch. Let go of the insanely shite footballers that wear your shirt week in and week out. Pick a player or two who the squad should be built around, and start from there. It is going to be a tough journey, but within 2 seasons, I can see Manchester United back in the top 4, but not this season and probably not the next either unless they make major signings during the transfer season.

A particular team will not win silverware every season or qualify for champions league football every season. The fans expect too much, right now that EPL table at the top is very tight, and a massive club has to miss out. The United squad is not so good, players are retiring or looking for massive contracts just so they can make up the numbers.

I am not sure whether Moyes is the man to mend it all but it is what it is.

There is already a size-able points difference shaping up between the top 4 and the rest of nest.

These teams will probably make it into the champions league spots.

Liverpool - They better make the Champions League and win the EPL title.
City - Will achieve qualification.
Arsenal - Will also qualify.
Chelsea - Most like will also qualify.

Everton may just sneak in if somebody in the top four royally messes up.

P.S. Or just sack Moyes, Hire Klopp, Buy Kroos, Badstuber, Boateng, Busquets...and you win it, the treble.

Clegg

They should put him out of his misery. Ferguson is a football man, you can't pull the wool over his eyes. His face during these defeats are more telling then they initially let on. It's more than the result. He's worked with these group of players. He probably sits in the stand thinking: "I would do so and so".
Yesterdays game was the first time I started thinking that Fergie was losing patience with the teams performances. He looked severely pissed off. Only other time I'd seen him like that was after the CL final in 2011 when Barca hammered us.

rodvik

How are you feeling about Lambert a year and a half down the line?

Positives: He makes some great bargain signings (tekkers, bacuna, kozak, vlaar) which is good. He can really have a go at big teams who attack us as we are very very good on the counter. tactically modern and very flexible.

Negatives: He struggles when we have to dominate a "lesser" team, he seemingly gave up on trying to keep possession after early last season. Also when a player crosses him he is fucked, Lowton this season, Holman last season.

On balance i am happy with him, I am very curious who he will get over the summer assuming we shift some of our remaining unwanted players.

FootballFan

Yesterdays game was the first time I started thinking that Fergie was losing patience with the teams performances. He looked severely pissed off. Only other time I'd seen him like that was after the CL final in 2011 when Barca hammered us.

That was a very entertaining final. Even from a neutrals perspective.

subtles

I still remember his red face as he was clenching- unclenching his fist and chewing the gum vigorously.

I honestly thought he would have some kind of heart attack.

Every United match I've seen this year confirms to me the utter greatness that SAF was as a manager. I mean, talk about impact. How the fuck did he take this sorry lot to a Championship with like a 10 point+ gap with 2nd place. Never mind his past legend.

Any day now I feel like we're going to hear about something horrible he's done, because when you're THAT good at something, the deals with the devil you must have made... (Jorge) Jesus.

Salazar

Why can't those balaclava-wearing tits who threatened Rooney do a job* on Moyes ?

Eh ?

Where have the gangsters gone ?

*I don't mean kill him. Just hang him upside down while he phones Woodward and honourably resigns.

Salazar

I've been doing some reading on Cardinal Richelieu for the last few hours. Not for uni as he has nothing to do with my studies. It was for pleasure. I'm turning into one of those scholar twats I've hated for the last 4 years.

Help

Read Robert Darnton's "The Great Cat Massacre" if you are going to dabble in French history. Supremely fucking head-bangingly mental.

Salazar

Irony itself that Liverpool did a diamond formation to beat us so emphatically.
#moyes masterclass

Evra was nowhere. Even by usual Evra standards, nowhere.

And the substitutions were an absurdity. Not even an illusion of tactical intervention.

If you're going to put ClevGOD on, do it at half-time. Don't piss us about. You can't change the game when Liverpool have comprehensively won it and demoralised an already depressed 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom